FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA long shot but can anyone help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A long shot but can anyone help?
    Posted: 08 December 2009 at 3:14pm
My brother was just recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and has therefore changed his whole diet. I was wondering if anyone had some good vegetarian recipes they could share? He can't have any saturated fat, red meat, egg yolks or dairy so it makes it a bit of a challenge. If anyone has any that would be very much appreciated (especially by his fiance who has changed her whole diet as well)

TIA

Edited by josephnia
Sponsored Links

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 3:20pm
Sorry to hear about your brother

The best vegetarian recipe book I've ever used is Meals without Meat by Alison Holst. Its full of great recipes. And can usually be found on trademe not too expensively
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 6:45pm
Sorry to hear that Josephina....
Do you want desserts? or Mains?? or other??
I could give you heaps.
Check out www.101cookbooks.com too really yummy food. Not all egg free etc- but all are vego....
Most recipes you can take stuff out and use an alternative ingredient.

Some good raw foods websites too.... again- you dont need to stick to the recipe, but you can get some good ideas. Remember that cold pressed oils like avocado, olive, flax seed etc are unsaturated, and contain really good fats and omegas- as long as you dont heat them... so drizzle afterward to add flavor....

Funny people say its limiting- but actually it opens so many doors- welcome to the wonderful world of variety in food.

Hard when you want to go out though
Mum_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 12:58pm
Hi

Sorry to hear about your Brother...

Try the NZ Allergy cookbook. It has heaps of recipes which are dairy, egg etc free.

If you look in the gluten free section of the supermarket you will see chicken, beef stock powder etc which are vegetarian and can be used as a tasty base for cooking.

"No Egg" is a powdered egg replacer. Great for baking etc.

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 2:12pm
Thanks everyone, will check out the websites/books mentioned
 Post Reply Post Reply