FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Food Budget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:17pm
We spend $250 per week which includes all baby related expenses.   We are pretty good at sticking to it and I do a top up of Fruit and veges mid week.   I don't have a meal planner as such but just count out 6 mains at each shop and try to stick to under $10 per main if that makes sense. We tend to have the same things over and over as it makes it easier. Looking forward to summer and more salads.
Sponsored Links

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 9:23am
Our shopping this week was a record low of $100!! I am using cloth nappies again now so saved a good chunk on those!! Spent $30 at fruit and vege shop and $70 at supermarket
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 9:09pm
Our budget is $280 a fortnight which includes 1 can of formula & nappies. I have found shopping fortnightly instead of weekly has been beneficial and I also plan our meals. (Aim to be under $15 for total meal, $10 if possible).

Edited by monkey33
gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:23pm
my budget for the week is $150 although since gst went up (excuses ) the shop has been slightly over. i'm dairy-free atm because of DS2's reflux and even though soy milk is really expensive we're saving heaps on butter, cheese & milk. while i was pregnant we went through up to 10L milk a week!!

i used to do a meal plan but now i have a list of standard meals in my head that I'll do most weeks so just shop to that and keep eye open for any good meat specials. we eat a lot of mince and sausages, but love a good lamb roast so will splash out on that when it's on special - 2kg for $25 the last few weeks and that's done us for 2 dinners and lunches as well.

Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12