FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow often do you shop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

We do a bigger shop every fortnight and a smaller shop on the alternative weeks. We always have the same budget so whatever is left over from the bigger shop is what we get to spend the following week which mostly goes on things that dont keep for a fortnight (milk, fruit etc)

This is what we do. I have a budget of $150-$200 a week so spend $250ish every fortnight and then $50ish every other week on fruit, veges and milk with the allowance to buy other important things we have run out of (like butter) as I try to make a lot instead of buying packaged food. The left over is my spending money so I try keep it as cheap as possible!

Eventually I would like to get into monthly shopping but I'm too busy now to deal with that so might wait til my holidays!
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 5:03pm
I shop every fortnight - usually wednesday night without the kids - i refuse to go with both of them. I go to the market every sunday and pick up the fruit and veges, although we've been throwing heaps out recently, so may just buy the fruit and the vege for the next three days, and pop into the vege store on my way home on alternated wednesdays....not sure.
Berts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 5:42pm
Once a week here
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 3:08pm
 I shop fortnightly. Because of payday. My budget is $200 but it always comes out as $220-230. I go to the butcher and fruit and vege shop in the morning with the kids and then go to crap n save in the evening.

I love grocery shopping. I look forward to it. Although I do go out after tea wihout kiddlies and DH so its like my break time.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 7:24pm
It's normally a weekly shop here and I have to do it online (don't have a car) for 4 adults and DS, but will go down the road and get anything that we end up short on during the week (milk etc). When we do the shopping we make sure we get the meat and sauces to go with it for each week. SIL buys all her own lunch stuff though, but I have started ordering ours with the online shopping. MIL and her DF are moving in soon though so not sure how it will change.

We usually spend about $100 a week for all of us.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 8:28am
Wow $100 a week for 4 adults, that is impressive!
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by clover clover wrote:

Wow $100 a week for 4 adults, that is impressive!

It doesn't sound quite right but it's what we usually spend. That's usually just a few dinners I think, and we only get about 500-600gms meat per meal. We buy our own lunch stuff separately.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 9:36pm
I love grocery shopping too! Not quite as much as before kids, but mine are both well behaved in the supermarket so I still enjoy it .... just find it a little harder to fit in around nap and meal times and working!

I found going weekly we spend less per shop, so probably kept within the budget better. When I was off work and going every week I would just buy exactly what we needed plus whatever was on special and some snacks/treats. When we aren't going regularly we can end up spending 300-400 in one shop easily! I guess we spend about 200 or so a week, but its hard to say as we do the butcher once a month or so and fruit/vege shops in between (30-100 at a time) .... so probably do the one big shop then one small shop the next week at the mo.

Theres no way I could get organised enough to do monthly shopping!! (We'd need 3 trolleys! haha). But we do tend to stock up on meat and pantry stuff, so in between we just need fruit, bread, milk and nappys/ formula / snacks for the kids.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12