FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Sling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Sling
    Posted: 01 October 2010 at 9:26am
Yay for spotlight sales! lol got some material yesterday arvo, and i got bored last night so i made a sling lol. I dont have a pattern (i just kinda eye balled it) but if anyone wants me to sketch something out with some measurements, let me know its reversible, but its the same on both sides so it doesnt really matter lol. good if there is a stain though its a deep grey wool/cotton with a little stretch. nice and thick and really soft.

please excuse the dressing gown, no bra and stupid looking pose lol. i hate timer photos

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 9:29am
Stupid photobucket... i did resize it.... its jsut doing that stupid lag thing where it pretends it hasnt. grrrr
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 2:16pm
If anyone wants patterns, here is the Karma Baby pattern, and here is the Jan Andrea one. I've used the JanAndrea one four times, each time reversible and really like it. Main thing is to make sure you measure yourself properly as the fit is crucial.
Mum to two wee boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 3:03pm
oh thanks for the patterns! ive made the Karma baby one before but i didnt like it. the JanAndrea one looks good
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 5:10pm
Looks like you don't need the patterns
Mum to two wee boys
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 8:42pm
I made the karma baby pattern and I loved it! But your sling looks great too.
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 8:53pm
Your sling looks lovely! The only thing I'd suggest is if you make more, don't use stretch material, as it will give way and possibly stretch out of shape as your babe gets bigger and fit is really important with pouch slings. I had one in my early days with DD1 that was quite stretchy, fine as a newborn and little bub but got put away for a while, got it out again when she was a toddler and in theory it *should* have worked except she was too heavy and sagged down to my bum.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:19pm
thanks HippyMama. yeah i made 2 out of a drill cotton aswell so if it starts to sag I can use them. I just like the ones with a little stretch, enough to be comfy over a shoulder lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply