FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewly single and VERY worried.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:22am
Oh and im 29 now too, apparently, least thats what they tell me, despite being sexually attacked at 18, seeing people die in front of me, having a close friend die, being a mum to an 8 year old, meeting the most awesome guy on the planet and managing to marry him, having had another baby and now being pregnant with my 3rd I still have days when I think " noooo 29 sounds too old, I must really only be 20 "

When im 30 I can just see myself going into complete denial ....

Sponsored Links

Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:14pm
Well, the ex is back from his holiday, and now everything is worse than ever. Idk when the hell he is leaving :( Hes waiting to find a job before he does, because he has no money to leave. Idk what im meant to do, where im meant to go. Im just at a loss. I know I should go into WINZ and talk to them and all that, but im just not strong enough....Im so overloaded with emotion I dont feel like I can fix this.

Sometimes, I dont want my little boy. That makes me cry just typing that, but its true. I have had it drilled into me that im going to be a bad mother, that im a bad person. I dont want that life for my son. I dont want my ex to have anything to do with him :( I feel like he is going to corrupt him, and hes going to grow up to be such a different little kid than what I have planned for him.

Im just at a loss. I feel so alone :(
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:32pm
Hugs Stephi, I feel the pain. Maybe you should go to your mother's for a bit. I would be completely lost without my parents' help right now. Can you take someone with you to WINZ for support?

Do you think you may have PND? It does sound a bit like it and it's certainly not helped by your situation. Perhaps you should talk to someone about it.

You're not a bad person either.

It might be worth talking to a lawyer about parenting agreements and the like for when the baby is born. I know this is such a big thing to do though - you need to get someone to go with you.
Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by MissShell MissShell wrote:

Hugs Stephi, I feel the pain. Maybe you should go to your mother's for a bit. I would be completely lost without my parents' help right now. Can you take someone with you to WINZ for support?

Do you think you may have PND? It does sound a bit like it and it's certainly not helped by your situation. Perhaps you should talk to someone about it.

You're not a bad person either.

It might be worth talking to a lawyer about parenting agreements and the like for when the baby is born. I know this is such a big thing to do though - you need to get someone to go with you.

I want to go stay with my mum for a bit, but dont even want her to know about this situation. I feel embarrased.

Well I actually do have depression and anxiety stuff (have had it since before I was pregnant). Im on meds for it atm (so I dont get PND), but they arent doing much :( Wish they would though!

Im so scared to talk to lawyers. Ex keeps talking about going for custody but says hes only kidding but I dont know if I believe him. The thought of losing my little boy makes me so scared and upset. Its a horrible thing to think about! I think I do need to do it though! Because otherwise its going to get worse, especially when bubs is born
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:23pm
D'oh, sorry, had some sort of mental disconnect. Obviously you don't have PND, baby is still in your tummy.

I was also really embarrassed to tell my parents anything. I was thinking, man, they're going to think I'm a real idiot for allowing this to happen to myself. Well, they didn't, obviously! They just want to help me and want the best for me. I'm glad I told them.

I don't know who would joke about child custody, that's crazy! I'd say it's a very good reason to see a lawyer. Not getting on your case though, I know it's soooo hard. I am just starting down this road myself. Good luck!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:40pm
I was embaressed to tell my mom too - i put it off for nearly 2 weeks and it was so tricky trying to put on a brave (lie) face for her when i was feeling so rough. When it came out was the biggest relief - i didnt even ask to move home, she offered straight away and drove a couple of hours to bring me a care package and a hug.
Its going to have to come out sooner or later, my advice would be to tell her instead of doing it all alone.

Also, start looking into a lawyer. Some will do legal aid if you can't afford one. I was told they can't set any agreements into place until after the baby is born - but its best you get individual advice regarding your situation.

I suffer from depression as well, so i really understand your feelings of hopelessness - hang in there, it will get better.
fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:51pm
The lawyer I and some other single mums I know used is a lady named Terangi Bartlett. She works for Keam and Associates in Willow Street. She does legal aid and she is lovely.

nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:57pm
Shell - you weren't silly to suggest PND - you can get it ante-natally and very common for people with relationship problems and separated etc.

I just have a couple of suggestions. It seems to me that the very first thing you need to do is deal with your anxiety and depression as best you can (counselling, doctors - whatever you need to do) because until that's under better control, you're not going to have the strength and resources to do what you need to do to make this step - and it IS a big step, even if you know it's the right one and is the best one. Speaking from experience - I am being treated for PND and managing well now.

The second thing I'd like to say is that I first separated from my husband when I was pregnant for about 4mths and I was much more anxious about it then than I was this time when we separated when DS was about 9mths old. I think it's because you seriously don't know what you are in for and are very anxious anyway about having a baby and what to expect and whether you'll cope etc. Can I just assure you that with the right support, you definitely will - you'll be fine. But just make sure that you get your mental health treated so that it's stable, and make decisions when you're feeling strong enough to - don't put too much pressure on yourself in the meantime. And arrange for support ahead of time when you have baby. The first three months is the hardest, and then things will get easier. I suggest having family members to stay with you at that time or organizing Parent Aid, talking to Maternal Mental Health about what support they can offer you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123