FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone working from home?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Swewi in Christchurch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swewi in Christchurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone working from home?
    Posted: 07 March 2011 at 4:07pm
Hi

I'm a mum to be and just started to work from home part time. Is there anyone else out there doing the same thing? Would be great to connect

Maria
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 4:42pm
I work from home part time - anything from 10 to about 25 hours a week (usually somewhere in the middle - 10 is quiet, 25 is busy). I've got a 2 year old with another on the way. I'm a secretary/assistant, work for wages, and I access the office via a VPN (virtual private network link) - my boss sends me everything from instructions to dictation via email, and I can see everything on my home computer that I could in the office. I've even relocated from Auckland to Welly and kept it up Sometimes much more successfully than others ...
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
YODA18- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YODA18- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 7:50pm
I too work from home,
But full time at the moment untill number two arrives in August...

I also use a VPN to access my work load
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 8:37pm
I work three days in the office and part time from home and connect through a VPN too. My landline diverts to cell when I'm not in the office. It can be hard espectially with a 20 month old at home but it works for us.

DH also works from home full time. It's been a bit of an adjustment as it can often be difficult when DS just wants dad, so it does take some discipline with making sure DH shuts his door and doesn't come out with every cry. It's certainly a work in progress.
Glamourazi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:43pm
I am a freelance graphic designer and mother of a 3month old. It can be full on and feel just as buggered being at home if not more then an office.
Swewi in Christchurch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swewi in Christchurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:39pm
Thanks for your responses ladies. Just had my wee boy on Saturday. Back home now and as you can imagine haven't been able to do any work. But that's OK. Most of the people I'm in contact with knows about the situation and I've got my mentor who can help me out when need be.
 Post Reply Post Reply