FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeaning off meds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaning off meds
    Posted: 16 December 2011 at 11:01am
I am currently weaning off loxamine. Under my doctors advice Ive dropped from one pill a day to one every second day for a couple of weeks, then one pill twice a week which Ive done last week and this week. Im really struggling with the withdrawal effects now Ive got down to this dose, my head is constantly buzzy and I have a bad headache most of the time and very tired.

I realise all this is normal but how long does it last? Is it easier to just stop alotogether now and get it out of the way or still carry on with the gradual withdrawal? Any tips to cope with it?

I feel good other than those symptoms and happy in my decision, been on it for a year and feel now's the time, just need these horrible side effects to be gone lol. I had heard loxamine is hard to get off and I can see why it's tempting to just stay on!!

Edited by wiggly_jiggly
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:29pm
I wasnt on that particular dug but had to come off triple dose antidepressants cold turkey after an allergic reaction. The withdrawls were HORRENDOUS and the worst thing Ive ever been through in my life - I needed to go on more meds- valium and sleeping tablets to get through the withdrawls. I would absoulty NOT recommend stopping them cold turkey, but possibly u need to slow down the weaning process to avoid the side effects of withdrawl that u obvoiusly already expeciencing- Im pretty sure these syptoms would be a lot worse if u stopped the meds more suddenly.
I would recommend ringing your doctor and seeing what their advise is before u change anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply