FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2015 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
AnnalieseP62097 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnalieseP62097 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 7:47pm
Hi :) I'm due with #1 in Feb 2015

Edited by AngieBaby - 01 December 2014 at 10:47pm
Sponsored Links

Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2014 at 10:35am
Hey Binkle and DJKaf, how are you guys? Have you found out your baby's genders? I still have another few weeks to wait.
Hope you are well. x
Anna116740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna116740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 8:52pm
Hi, I'd like to join the private forum :)
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 10:51pm
Hi Ladies!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I hope the morning sickness is not awful! :)

We've just begun a policy that any talk/pm's about facebook groups on our forums is now against forum policy. This is our attempt to keep our special community alive and connected – we’re a small business with a big heart and so is our community and it’s worth protecting ☺

I hope my message doesn't offend and is taken in the spirit of which it is intended :)

There is a private group for this forum with password protection so only your eyes see it.

Newbies to the due in thread simply see who the admin of the closed private group is and PM them for the password - we have some thriving groups there :)

Thank you SO much and here's wishing you the best pregnancy experience ever :) It's SO special :)
seaview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 8:56am
I think that's fine AngieBaby, however if you want people to use the private forums it's really important they are set up early. By the time the feb2015 one was set up I think the fb group had already formed.
MC February 2014

AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:00am
I totally agree seaview 100% and I'm really sorry we dropped the ball there!
I have set them up until Dec 2015 and if anyone wants any others just message me or email me: angela@ohbaby.co.nz

thanks!
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:03am
Also if anyone would like to be a moderator we're looking to have more now as some have 12 year olds and don't visit the forums as much now :) he he
binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:24am
Apfel!!! All is well :)
Mine is a little fellow and he is very well behaved :)

School finishes soon so I am looking forward to a restful January before he arrives.

Hope everything has gone fantastically for you xxx

<
JuniorO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 10:47am
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in this decision from Oh Baby. I love the Facebook group and it's been absolutely fantastic for me as a FTM. I've also made a couple of really close friends from it and many good friends from being part of the group. For me, the Facebook group style really works as I'm on my phone the majority of the time and not on a computer and it's much easier to post photos etc. 

I have to admit that I don't come onto the OB forums very much anymore but am extremely grateful to OB for bringing our wee group together and because of that, have developed a sense of loyalty to OB. Of all the parenting mags out there, OB is the only one I read and it's my go-to website when googling/searching for things etc.

If I'm completely honest, I do find the policy decision to be extremely disappointing from OB and I find it a little backwards and also a tad petty. And it's also taking away people's right to choose which type of social media / group interaction suits them the best. I feel very bad for future Mamas that they may miss out on the fantastic supportive environment that I have found, initially through OB and then through FB. 

I too, hope my message doesn't offend and is taken in the spirit of which it is intended. 
Morgan150046 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan150046 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 1:52pm
I agree with JuniorO on this,
I too am on a fb page, brought together by Ohbaby board members,
As a first time mum it saddens me to think any future babies, I won't have a chance to be in a fb group, And please don't think just cause we're in our fb group that we're boycotting OB, in fact most of us buy your magazine and your links are shared often and discussed in depth.
It's just simply fb is a more user friendly choice for most of our memebers.
I hope this is something you'll consider rethinking, so I can continue to meet amazing people through your boards with future babies :)
binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 3:31pm
I love the OhBaby site but I find the 'forum' format clunky compared with Facebook. Ohbaby are on Facebook, it doesn't make sense their groups can't be.

The anonymity of the forum is wonderful and is actually great for certain sensitive subjects but when you want to build personal relationships with people it can be hard through this kind of medium.

<
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 8:38am
Thanks Ladies. I understand what you're saying.
I'm not stopping you from being in your group.
We're not some big business like facebook and all the time you spend on our site helps the business to operate...talking on facebook means we lose your time with us which is important to us.
We've updated the forums for mobile etc - but we can look more into better forums - hopefully not loosing what we have here in terms of past conversations that are full of useful info.
sarahlous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahlous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 11:41am
Hey I know I late in on this baby due 15 Feb would like to join the fb group please
Thanks
Sarah
brooke94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brooke94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 4:53pm
Hey everyone!

In regards to childcare experiences - I put my daughter in at home childcare with http://lighthouseathome.co.nz until she was 3 and she absolutely loved it! I highly recommend at home child care over day care and Lighthouse is a great company to do it through if you are considering it

Also, how do I get added to this facebook group?
stella125 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 6:52pm
Very quiet in here :( looks like everyones on the facebook page that I'm obviously to late to join. I'm 38 weeks and finding it really hard in this heat.

<
Lou165780 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou165780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 1:21am
Hi am I too late to join the private group?
Kirstymew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstymew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 9:58pm
Hi I've just found this! Am I too late to join?
Jess&lachie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess&lachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 10:58pm
Hi there,
I'm extremely late joining! But would really love to join FB or private page!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011