FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFostering long term/adoption as an option

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 9:14pm
just bumping this thread- we are starting to seriously look at all our options- anything from home for life, to adoption from thailand or the phillipines... just in the asking questions phase. Awesome to hear you have had some great success rosiefarmer with home for life!! would love to keep this thread going if others are interested to read along with other's journeys. 
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Sponsored Links

CoopersMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoopersMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 9:24pm
I'm interested, I would love to hear about adopting from overseas, it seems that you have more chance then here in NZ. I feel we need something more permanent than foster or home for life as we have other children and it would break my heart and theirs if their brother or sister went back. I have heard that home for life isn't always home for life either and it can be tricky but that's only what I've heard really. So interested in knowing more
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 10:16pm
So Hubby and I have decided to give HFL a go in the new year if we are unsuccessful by then- id go for it right now if i could but next year hubby will have stopped his shiftwork etc and be on permanent days and our new house will be built by then so will be much more settled and able to give a more stable, predictable home for a little one. its exciting to know next year something is definitely going to happen- unlike TTC when after over 2.5 years you just never know... Coopersmummy i think there are risks in whatever you do, but on the whole from what I have heard HFL is great for most people involved.  we have decided its worth the chance anyway Smile sooo glad there are these options in NZ and my little girl might just get a sibling after all- however that is meant to come to us!
would love to hear from others and find out how long the initial phase took from initial phone call to being in the HFL/adoption pool..
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 10:20pm
So exciting Soda! we might look at HFL next year.  We are currently in the adoption waiting pool.  Process takes a wee while, but might be different in the cities.  The longest part for us was putting our profile together because we wanted it to be perfect Smile

sumitasofat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumitasofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 9:25pm
For Adoption you undertake two one day courses, and three for fostering or home for life.
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 4:03pm
Hi ladies,
we are also looking at doing home for life in the new year. We received the info and application pack in the mail just before xmas and have to attend a info night in January, then it says training starts in February. Once training is complete we will be on the waiting list. After we received this we also received a letter from fertility associates saying we have another funded cycle commencing in March 16. We will definitely do ivf and even if we are lucky to conceive we are still considering home for life.

I've only heard good things about it too. I know 2 people who've been through it now, one waited 2 yrs and another waited a few days before they got a call.
Hoping 2016 brings a lot of blessings for us all x
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 7:41am
Sounds like a very exciting year ahead Poppy :) all the best with everything.

poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 9:33am
Thanks Kazper,
are u still looking into hfl? Wish u all the best for 2016 too
pagerlvy33237502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pagerlvy33237502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 5:23am
It is very kind of you. You know. We are not considering adoption as an option any more. We have been. But now, as we are older and are not that financially secure, we are not eligible for it anymore. Although it would've been a perfect match for us. But we are no longer upset about it. We are in the middle of the surrogacy program now. Our SM is pregnant. Can't express what I feel right now. And yeah, why do you think about adoption? Have you considered surrogacy? I am 100 per cent for adoption. I think that giving a parentless child a home is the best thing one can do. But you can also help bless the word with another kind soul. I am really happy we made this decision. it was a tough one. you can imagine I suppose.
But as soon as we have signed with World Center of Baby, things changed. The program took off and we have made all this progress in a span of 3 months. Now about that!
The only issue that we can think of is that we have to travel to Ukraine. And that it will be a pain in the a** once the baby is born. But we were promised that our manager will take care of as much legal stuff as she can before we leave. Obviously, we will be the ones going to the embassy and stuff.
But how is that an issue when you pay so little and get so much. We did not expect this to be a success. having been through 5 m/c, I was not really optimistic about anything. And was legitimately scared of flying to a country I know so little about. but things are cool now. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12