FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwitchy Toddler. Help me put my mind at ease!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mumzee13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumzee13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twitchy Toddler. Help me put my mind at ease!
    Posted: 06 January 2016 at 10:59pm
Hi All

Do any of your children twitch a lot while falling asleep?? My daughter whos just turned 3 has recently had a brain tumour removed which caused her to have drug resistant epilepsy, she is almost 3 months seizure free now but is very twitchy when falling asleep her docs don't think its harmful or seizures but it still plays on my mind alot... especially as the first seizure I noticed was when she was alseep but it was tensing arching and shaking - not twitching. I am hoping that maybe this is a common thing that I just picked up on because I was co sleeping with her alot when her epilepsy was progressing and that I over thought because of the tumour. Her arms and legs just twitch/jerk for 20-30mins and it is only when she first falls asleep, but its every night, sometimes its worse than others, I think if shes had a very active day and is very tired its worse.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post
Sponsored Links

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 9:05pm
I have no advice or experience with this, but I hope someone else might be able to help. I can imagine it is very easy to worry about these things when you have been through such a stressful experience already. Glad to hear that her tumor was removed and she has been seizure free
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 9:25pm
My now 21 month old used to twitch a lot when falling asleep and sometimes he would wake up shaking (within the first 10-20 minutes after falling asleep) and would stop when held. Was scary! Took him to see the Dr and got told it was normal. He hasn't done it for months but still twitches a little when falling asleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply