FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcan i undo what i started?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i undo what i started?
    Posted: 08 June 2005 at 2:05pm
i was trying to train my son to sleep in a bed and for the past month he has been sleeping in a bed for his day sleep. he is 19 mths old this month. to get him to go to sleep tho i have to sit with him until he nods off and this can take up to 20 and sometimes 30 mins. my plan was to start the night time in his bed this month but it hasnt atarted yetdue to various reasons. the new baby is due the end of this month and now i am wondering wether if maybe my son just isnt old enough for a bed yet and if i can undo what i have done and put him back in his cot for day sleeps and maybe i will just train the new baby to sleep in a bed instead of the cot.
so what do you think - can i suddenly go back to putting down in a cot for his days? or is it too late and i have to just perservere?

Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 4:21pm
you can just go back to the cot, but why would you want to? Cant you just leave him at night in his bed and see what happens. I'm sure it will only take going back in a few times to resettle him. I know you wont be wanting the extra work when the new baby is here, so maybe its best you get it sorted before hand. Just my opinion. We didnt ease lissy in at all. Just changed her room and put her in a bed. She does still get out occaisionally, but its just a mattter of putting her back in.

If you put your teeny tiny bubba in a bed just remember it will be alot of bending for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Wow only a month to go all the best. Your two will have the same gap as my two.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 8:53pm

Well i have never had a problem with Blair getting out of bed even when he first went into a bed at 18 months, but i guess i'm just lucky.  I'm with Anglenz maybe just try leaving him and see how you go, he will soon get the idea.  Don't go putting him back in his cot your've got this far you may aswell just perservere with it and hopefully all will be sorted by the time number 2 gets here.  Thats just my opinion anywhere.

Goodluck, let us know how you get on.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 11:04pm
hey GSmum, be careful about staying with your son unitl he goes to sleep. My sister did the same thing and now someopne has to sit with her five year old until he sleeps...every night!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:08pm
thanks guys - i was ready to buy another cot last night - think it was partly preggy hormones tho - i will stick with it, but it breaks my heart when i see this little boy standing in the hallway in his pj's with this sad look on his face...boy does he know how to play me.

lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 4:53pm
Sophie get one chance, if she gets up I then shut the door.  Once I do that she doesn't normally get up again.  You'll get there eventually
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 9:19pm
They sure do know how to play you! Maya went thru a stage where she would take of her jamies and napppy and get fully dressed, knickers and all, and then appear in the lounge with a very proud grin. But we found that perserverance is the key - she wasn't happy about it, but she soon realised that every time she got up she got put straight back and gave up arguing about it. I also threaten to close her bedroom door (she hates having it closed) if she won't stay in bed, and this seems to work to. I have had to follow thru on it a couple of times and she has screamed the house down, but then I go back in after a couple of minutes and renegotiate and she seems to have no probs staying in bed after that.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply