FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s for dinner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 1:57pm
We had takeaway curry coz Maya was at a friend's place so it was just Willie and I.

Tonight it's pork shoulder chops with apple sauce (actually I just pinch a tin of the gremlins apples ), mashed kumara with a pinch of curry powder, broccoli and carrot.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by maya maya wrote:

Tonight it's pork shoulder chops with apple sauce (actually I just pinch a tin of the gremlins apples

hehe I have done that too!

We have quite a bit of meat and gravy left over from last night's dinner, I have the meat sliced and covered with gravy (so when it's reheated, the gravy will keep the meat moist) and we're going to have hot meat & gravy sandwiches. I'm going to reheat the pumpkin and potato from last night too, it will probably end up sliced on the sandwiches..... and an apple crumble (our own apples! ) to fill us all up
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 3:41pm
I'm going to meow's (Kat) for dinner tonight
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 5:23pm
and we're having gormet pizza! (not cooked by me though, been out most of the day )

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 7:55pm
Ewww, Liz - I pity whoever has to change the boys nappies after spicy food!!

Tonight we had homemade bacon and egg pie (yum, yum!) and leftover spuds (fried).
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:47pm
oo now *that's* something I haven't made in aaaages!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 9:12am
Originally posted by aimeejoy aimeejoy wrote:

Tonight we had homemade bacon and egg pie (yum, yum!) and leftover spuds (fried).

i like making b&e pie too - but hubby wont allow onion or veges...not that i mind too much. but always have trouble with what to serve it with.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:02pm
I love B and E pie, but haven't made it for ages either. Must do that one of these days, it's good coz it's something you can prepare earlier and then just reheat.

Tonight it's steak and I did a big vege shop so will probably do beans, corn and spuds with it, or maybe asparagus, corn and spuds. Gremlins get potato, butternut, kumara and broccoli mash.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:07pm
We are having roast chicken tonight with roasted parsnip, kumara, potato and pumpkin.
I can't wait to make the gravy... it's my fav thing to do! My Grandma would be so proud (She was a gravy nazi from way-back... no packets at her house)
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:21pm
tonight is roast apricot chicken with roasted potatoes and pumpkin maybe pasnip if i go to the shop and some mixed veg i think and packet chicken gravy hmm havent had roast for a wee bit so im looking forward to it
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

i like making b&e pie too - but hubby wont allow onion or veges...not that i mind too much. but always have trouble with what to serve it with.

My Dad never liked b&e with anything in it except bacon and eggs... guess it makes sense lol. Mum served it with peas and mashed potato.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 4:05pm
My mum put mixed veg in hers, I make it that way too.

I forgot that Willie is doing one of my faves tonight to go with the steak - portabello mushrooms in white sauce with lots of salt and pepper
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:41pm
*shock* Himself is in the kitchen, not just doing mushrooms, but the whole freaking dinner!

It doesn't happen often, but when it does...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12