FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaileys Bread & Butter Pudding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baileys Bread & Butter Pudding
    Posted: 21 July 2007 at 9:02pm
Ok so maybe not the best idea to post about this on oh baby- especially for those of you breastfeeding but absolutely scrummy!

4-6 slices of white toast bread cut into triangles (quarters)
2Tbsp of choc chips
1/4C sugar
1C Baileys
1C milk (needs 2C liquid so you could adjust baileys/milk ratio to taste)
3 eggs.

Layer bread in an oven proof dish with choc chips and sprinkle sugar over the top.
Mix Baileys, milk and eggs and then pour over bread.
Leave for 15mins then bake in 180* oven for 30mins or until golden and set. Sprinkle icing sugar over the top when you serve.

Absolutely scrummy with vanilla icecream. We used Creme Caramal Baileys and it was beautiful - I am dying to try this made with that choc swirl fruit loaf or maybe a thin spread of nutella on the bread.
Sponsored Links

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 4:51pm
Do you think this would also work with something like Kahlua...or similar non-milky alcohol??
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:20pm
do you think the alcohol cooks off??? It sounds YUMMY!!!
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:33pm
I suppose it would work with other alcohols you might just need to up milk amount? - it is just the Edmonds recipe slightly altered. The first time we made it we used 2C of baileys and it was VERY strong he he. Not sure if all the alcohol burns off as it still tastes like baileys on 2nd day (and IMO actually a little nicer so maybe more has burnt off?)
Would love to hear how this recipe goes with other alcohol used!
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:30pm
oooh, I love bread and butter pudding - this sounds DEVINE!! Much better than jam on the bread!! Chocolate and baileys!
Thanks for sharing - must try this one!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:40pm
omg YUM!!! we have baileys and kahlua in our cupboard

Carmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 11:30am
I love this dessert, we have it on our menu at work
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:38pm
I made this the other night, but did not have much milk, and probably put a bit too much Baileys in it as it was very very strong!
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:16am
LOL The first time I had it I ate a leftover portion the next day before playing netball. Swear I had the team asking me if I'd had a "busy" day!

Edited by Faraway
 Post Reply Post Reply