FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOMG Scary!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG Scary!
    Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:45am
and not to mention in Christchurch! Im so glad she got caught!

Story!

A lady posed as a midwife and tried to take 2 babies!!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 9:14am
OMG do tell more? That page isnt working
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 9:21am
A woman posing as a hospital employee has tried to grab two newborn babies from a Christchurch hospital.

St George's Hospital chief executive Tony Hunter said the woman entered a room in the maternity ward yesterday morning and found a father and a baby.

She asked to take the baby for blood tests, but the father replied that these had already been done. He later realised this was suspicious and reported the incident to his wife and hospital staff.

"It's unusual behaviour," Hunter said. "Normal people don't go uninvited into strangers' rooms and ask to take their babies for a blood test."

The woman entered a second room, which was occupied by a woman she knew distantly and had not seen for about a year. She told the new mother she was a hospital employee.

Hunter would not confirm whether the intruder had taken the woman's baby from the room, but said if she had it had not left the department.

"I think she might have asked the mother if there was something she could wrap the baby in, but this was somebody she knew."

He said hospital policy was that babies must be transported beyond the department only in carrycots or seats.

Staff found the intruder by the door to the mother's room and called the police. Hunter would not disclose any details of the mothers involved.

Police were called to the hospital about 10.30am and arrested a young woman. She will appear in the Christchurch District Court today on one charge of kidnapping.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:58am
omg!!! thats like something you see in a movie!
thank goodness they caught her before she took the babies .
She sounds like she has some serious issues , I hope they get to the bottom of them

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:37am
Freaky, I'm due to go to St Georges after I have bubs at CWH. I hope she gets the help she needs!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 2:48pm
It amazes me how open the maternity wards are over here, in the UK it is practically impossible to get in to legitimately visit someone let alone get in when you shouldn't be there.
Thankfully they caught her and there procedures work.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:18pm
i read that this morning and was like....
relieved they got the lady and hopefully she can get some help!

i had jack at st georges....mmm cold milo......

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 6:43pm
OMG!! Just saw this on the news. How scary. I wonder what on earth was going through her mind - she was supposedly only 20. That is soooooo lucky the parents didn't let her take the baby.
kathyandbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyandbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:07pm
i read that and it so freaked me out! After having noah i was in such a daze with alot of drugs that if that was me being a first time mum i might have let her take him out of the room!!!! though in saying that i remember being very adiment that he was to never be out of mine or dps sight at all. (think i was a bit parnoid he might be switched at birth though he had very distinct features right from birth so no chance of that every happening)
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 5:10pm
Hope this convinces the hospitals in NZ to beef up security! Thats horrible.
I've heard theres alot of hospitals that won't let ANYONE into the maternity ward without first checking with the mother that they are supposed to be there. Including husbands! Why don't we have that?!?!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply