Forum Description: babies born January 2013
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41730
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 1:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: January 2013 Babies
Posted By: skiltz
Subject: January 2013 Babies
Date Posted: 15 March 2012 at 10:33am
Welcome to the Due in January 2013 thread and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! What an exciting and amazing journey you are now on!

Welcome also to the OHbaby! community :) Here you will get to make some fantastic friends, learn from others experiences and share a tear and a giggle with each other.

We have two Due in Threads created each month - one is public and one is private. The public one is great for general chat and banter the private thread is password protected and is great for you to share photo's of baby bumps etc

If you're new to the thread and want to be a part of the private group also Just pop in here - say hi and that you're keen to be in the private forum and one of your fellow mums-to-be will private message you the password.

Please do sign up to the weekly pregnancy emails - you can do that by adding your pregnancy in your profile (you can also add your scan pictures when you have one and bubs will be there every time you login to the website).  We recommend signing up the other half as well so they know what you're going through and how baby is growing too :)

Wishing you THE VERY BEST PREGNANCY!!!
From the team at OHbaby!

Replies:
Posted By: Hopes
Date Posted: 17 March 2012 at 8:15pm
Noooo... 2013 babies already?!

-------------

Posted By: Jacobsmumma
Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 5:23pm

Noooooooooooo way, really?!  Hopes, I remember when our Jan 2012 thread started!

Congrats to all the mummies-to-be! 

-------------

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)

Posted By: BugTeeny
Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 9:30pm
Too soon for 2013 babies - couple more weeks and there'll be some Mummies to be, I'm sure.

Almost 5 years ago I was about to become an expectant Jan '08 Mummy

-------------

Posted By: AandCsmum
Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 10:42pm
I'm jumping aboard the far out bandwagon too!! I had a Jan 09 baby!

-------------
Kel
http://lilypie.com">

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12

Posted By: sem
Date Posted: 19 March 2012 at 8:01pm
That even makes 2010 sound so old and ages away already

-------------
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!

Posted By: silvs
Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 5:34pm
sem aren't you going to have a 2013 baby? you could start trying now! lol

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: sem
Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 9:36pm
I don't do uneven numbers...I like the sound of 2014 much better

-------------
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!

Posted By: Guest_70282
Date Posted: 30 March 2012 at 7:04pm
I like the sound of 2013 better.

Posted By: stella125
Date Posted: 13 April 2012 at 9:12pm
Looks like im the first! Just found out so will be January bub for me hopefully, two MC so hopefully third time lucky

Posted By: stella125
Date Posted: 13 April 2012 at 9:24pm
opps sorry should be in December

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow"> <

Posted By: Guest_66521
Date Posted: 23 April 2012 at 8:02pm

Oh. Maybe I'm the first then. BFP this afternoon, due 5th January.

I had a chemical pregnancy early March so FX for a sticky bub this time. It's really early days.

Date Posted: 23 April 2012 at 8:04pm

Ummm wierd - why has that  last post shown me as a guest in a strange location??!

OK this one has done it too - I think I need to contact admin.

Posted By: Spirals
Date Posted: 23 April 2012 at 8:15pm
Just checking...

Ah that's better

So anyway, it's me who has just got a BFP and am due Jan 5th. FX

Posted By: farmgal72
Date Posted: 24 April 2012 at 4:45pm
Congrats Spirals!!!!
Thats so wonderful.
I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

-------------
39 yrs
TTC #1 since March 2012

Posted By: HaleyJJ
Date Posted: 24 April 2012 at 6:51pm
**Lurker**

Congrats spirals, I remember you from the Novemeber thread.

All the best for your pregnancy, I hope you have a healthy Baby :) Best wishes. Good to see your preggers again :)

-------------

Posted By: bluemarina
Date Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:50pm
I've been lurking around the TTC forums for a couple months but haven't known what to say... anyway....

DH and I have been TTC for just two months, AF was due yesterday but can be pretty irregular, but this afternoon I got impatient and took a test. I knew it was silly of me... you're meant to wait a week, and do it first thing in the morning, but I just wanted to know... and it was a BFP!!!

Very surreal at the moment, neither DH nor I know how to react. Plus still big chances of losing it, right? But I'm already starting to get so excited, and hate not being able to tell anyone yet! (Except you guys. :)

If we don't lose it, this will be our first, so we have no idea what's next after this! Do we contact a doctor for an appointment? (I'm going to wait a week and then test again - should I contact dr after that if still BFP?) I'm taking some allergy meds atm... doctor knows we've been TTC and said the meds were OK, but if I am pregnant I'd like to consult her to make sure!

My rough EDD atm (since I haven't seen a doctor) is 1 Jan 2013....

Really really hoping it's not going to turn out to be a chemical pregnancy... how long till you know it's not?

Date Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:09pm
http://www.sparklee.com">

1st glamourazi #2 - Will be finding out!
1st bluemarina #1 - Will be finding out!
2nd kez84 #1 - Undecided
4th Lippy #2 - Will be finding out again
5th Lou #1 - It's a SURPRISE!!
5th Spirals #3 - It's a SURPRISE!!
7th Youvegotmail #1 - Will be finding out!
8th Bstargirl #1 - Will be finding out!
9th ChrisW #2- It's a surprise
14th Cocopops #2 - Will be finding out!
15th CandyBear #2 - Will be finding out
15th Paulsmum #2 - undecided yet!!
20th caliandjack #2 - negotiating with DH
21st MrsV #1 - It's a surprise!!
21st Buntingsmum #2 - will be finding out!
21st NatsyB #2 - Will be finding out
21st Hanniesunshine #1 - Will be finding out!
22nd TripleJ #1 - It's a surprise!!
24th blondie_2010 #2 - It's a SURPRISE!!
27th cp75 #2 - Will be finding out!
30th Candycane #3 - It's a surprise!!

http://www.sparklee.com">

18th May - Spirals - dating scan (all good yay!)
25th May - hanniesunshine - dating scan (went well!)
28th May - Lou - dating scan
30th May - Paulsmum - dating
30th May - hanniesunshine - heartbeat
31st May - Bstargirl - Dating Scan
1st June - Candybear - dating
15th June - Glamourazi - 12 week/NT scan

Posted By: Glamourazi
Date Posted: 27 April 2012 at 9:34pm
Got a BFP yesterday Will be baby #2. Getting scan next week and seeing midwife the following. Thinking due date will be between 27th Dec to New Years. Will confirm next week.
If you are in Auckland feel free to add me on facebook for a cuppa sometime :) http://www.fb.com/glamourazi - http://www.fb.com/glamourazi

-------------

Posted By: ChrisW
Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 7:25am
Well after 4 BFPs I finally feel ready to post in here! This will be my second and we are due about 2nd of January but I am going to ask my midwife for a dating scan.
My last 2 pregnacies have ended in miscarriage but I am going to stay positive that this one will not.

MS... well with my DD it was pretty rough but survivable lol. My second pregnancy was heading that way before the MC so I am expecting I will not escape MS this time round.

Bluemarina - with my first I went to the doctor first she did some bloods and also was able to recommend a midwife - who turned out to be brilliant. It does pay to be quick to get a midwife as all the good ones go quick!

-------------
http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:49pm
Thanks HaleyJJ. xx

Congratulations to our other newly pregnant ladies

Posted By: riceybubbles1987
Date Posted: 30 April 2012 at 7:07pm
Hi guys,

I am shocked to say that I'm pregnant again. I had a mc at the end of march/start of april (like 4 weeks ago!), so haven't even had a period since then and I just took a pregnancy test that was positive. Also I'm certain that it's not lingering hormones. Actually can't believe it happened so quick. This is my 5th pregnancy, hopefully 2nd baby (fingers crossed!) I don't know when Im due, I'm thinking 5th of Jan but don't know? Congrats to everyone else!!

Posted By: kiwiredhead
Date Posted: 30 April 2012 at 7:14pm
Hi all

I am pregnant for the first time after nearly 5 years TTC! DH and I are still in shock.

Baby is due on 3 Jan I think.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:56pm
Congrats Riceybubbles!! How far along were you when you m/c a month ago?

CONGRATULATIONS Kiwiredhead. That is fantastic news.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:04pm
omg kiwiredhead im so happy 4 u! Spirals I was 8weeks. that pregnancy happened 3months after my last mc which was at almost 12 weeks. hoping this one will stick around! I just had bloods done this morning so will wait 2 see how they change over the next few days.

Posted By: _Lou_
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:47pm
Hi girls, I have been lurking in here for the last few days after getting our BFP and now finally feel like I can post!

I'm also due on 5th January at this stage...seems like a popular date so far! DH and I have been TTC for 21 months and got our BFP after our second cycle of IUI. We're absolutely thrilled but being very cautious until that magical 12 week mark. I've had 2 lots of bloods done, and now am having weekly bloods to monitor things. My 8 week scan has also been booked for 28th May, so exciting.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and big congrats to you all

Posted By: chicky05
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:27pm
I am not sure if i blong here but i got a BFP today this is baby number 5 very happy

-------------
Alan-07/05/2005
Michael-10/06/2006
Emily-08/08/2008
Vanessa-17/01/2010
*5 due nov/dec 2012

Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:53pm

-------------
Alan-07/05/2005
Michael-10/06/2006
Emily-08/08/2008
Vanessa-17/01/2010
*5 due nov/dec 2012

Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:37pm
Congrats riceybubbles/Lou/chicky05 and especially kiwiredhead! That's so awesome. :)

As for me, I'm not even sure I'm pregnant any more since I found out the med I'm on can increase hcg levels... took another HPT on Monday and got another BFP, and AF is now way over a week late, so I'm probably pregnant, but who knows? Late AF could be due to stress or missed ov or something? and BFP could be a false positive due to meds. I've been making all these mental plans that I know it's way too early to make, but this is my first! It's hard not to get excited! But not knowing if I'm pregnant for sure - even with two very clear BFPs - really sucks.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:36am
Gosh that does suck bluemarina, what sort of medication is it? Can a blood test not determine this for you?
Hope you can get some confirmation soon.

Posted By: *Aimzee*
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:00pm
Hello, hoping I can join in this group. Got a BFP yesterday, this will be baby #6 for me. Still in a bit of shock as this was very much unplanned (contraception failure!). Aside from being a little scared Im pretty excited :-) Havent had it confirmed yet but EDD is 2 Jan 2013.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:50pm
AIMZEE that is fantastic       this is number 5 for us

-------------
Alan-07/05/2005
Michael-10/06/2006
Emily-08/08/2008
Vanessa-17/01/2010
*5 due nov/dec 2012

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:03pm
Wow congrats to everyone! Babies 5 and 6? In awe.... this is baby no1 for us!!

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:16pm
congrats to the new people! Bluemarina it sounds like yr pregnant!! u could go 2 yr doctor 2 get bloods done or something? If yr hcg levels are going up u r pregnant 4 sure.

I just had bloods done over the last few days 2 confirm pregnancy as my midwife wanted 2 rule out the hcg from my last pregnancy carrying over and giving me a false positive. Everything looks good so far as they were 417 on tues and are now 1003 as of today! so def pregnant and progressing well so far, I will probably request 2 have them done week by week and will hold off till 8 weeks 2 get the scan as thats about the time the last 2 babies stopped growing..

hope everyone's been good!

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:06am
Congrats ricey, that's so awesome! It's gotta be great to be able to confirm it like that.

As for me, got a blood test yesterday so just waiting to hear back this morning. But if I'm not pregnant, I'll have to ask my doctor about what definitely seemed like MS this morning! :) :) :) (Not happy about the MS... but definitely happy about what it's a sign of!)

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:53am
Bloods came back! Very, very positive. :):):):) So excited and happy!

Posted By: NzVeggie
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:08pm
Yay that's awesome news bluemarina!!! congrats. I am hoping to have a BFP soon myself.....

-------------
Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:19pm
ricybubbles - Congrats on the rising HcG. I can understand being apprehensive after mcs

Spirals - Thanks for the congrats. It will be great to get to know you better over the next few months.

Lou - Congrats. I'm glad IUI worked for you. We had to go on to IVF cause IUI didn't work. We have weekly bloods too and our 8 week scan is the 25th.

chicky - Wow... 5 is amazing... Congrats.

bluemarina - Thanks for the congrats, I'm pleased the blood test confirmed that you are pregnant.

Aimzee - Wow, number 6 is incredible... congrats

NZVeggie - Hope you get your wanted BFP

AFM - Our second blood test showed a rise from 150 to 510. We will be having a blood test each Tuesday and our 8 week scan is on the 25th May.

Posted By: Youvegotmail
Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:00pm
Might be too early to post here, but it's a day after my period was due, and took a home pregnancy test and it's positive, so think that I am pregnant! This will be our first and we only just started trying so am in a bit of shock - this is surreal, so I don't believe it, and dont think i will until after 12 weeks..... using ovulation calculator the due date will be 7th Jan 2013...

Posted By: hanniesunshine
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:49am
Hi all,
Congrats on BFPs - awesomeness!
I am waiting for AF to show tomorrow, but hoping, obviously, she doesn't.
Had my second miscarriage 4 weeks ago, so probably pretty unlikely I am this month, since I haven't actually had a period since MC. Also we have been referred to the Fertility Associates after 2.5 years of trying, 2 MC's and pretty much zero sperm in my man's tests. But we are my gyno's 'miracle couple' as we keep conceiving with 'no' sperm! Miracles are awesome. Now all we need is a sticky bean :)

Posted By: CandyBear
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:08pm
Hi ladies I would love to join in just got me BFP - this is number 2 but had a m/c a couple of months ago so very be very cautious this time - trying not to get my hopes up!

-------------

Posted By: Kez84
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:23pm
Got my pregnancy confirmed last Wed, baby due Jan 2nd :)

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:18pm
Hi all, congrats to all the new BFP's! Very exciting!!

How is everyone feeling? Hope you're all well

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:58pm
I am feeling pretty normal really - bit tired and hungry and bloated! I had wicked ms last pregnancy so hoping its not as bad as last time - but looking forward to it starting as well, makes me feel assured

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:39pm
No morning sickness, just sore boobs so far

Posted By: Bee2010
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:07pm
Lurker In

Congrats CandyBear and fx for a sticky bub .

Lurker Out

-------------

Angel Babe in our - 07/08

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:11pm
Same here, feeling good. Tired in the afternoons and sore boobs but that's it. Maybe the occasional bout of nausea but only for a couple of seconds. Congratulations for all the new people! So exciting! I can't wait 2 get more bloods done so I can check up on how everything's going!

I am so hoping this baby sticks around! After my last mc I was kinda gutted cus I thought there would be absolutely no chance now that I would have a baby before my daughter turned 3, if everything goes to plan and this baby sticks around, it will be born 2mnths before she turns 3!!! fingers crossed..

Posted By: ChrisW
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:47am
Congrats to all the new ladies!

Tired, hungry and nausea for me. With DD I vomited daily from 6 weeks until 12 weeks - I will be 6 weeks on Thursday so suspect it will start before the end of the week!

I am having a scan next Thursday - can't wait. It is a dating scan (I may be out by a few days) and a heartbeat scan (after 2 MC). However both MC happened before 6 weeks so as the end of the week gets closer I hope I will start to relax a bit more!

-------------
http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:31am
That's exciting for your scan Chris, I don't have one for another 3 weeks yet. Can understand you being nervous, bring on 6 weeks! I'm only a few days behind you, I'll be 6 weeks on Saturday.

I'm mainly tired, hungry and my boobs are sore and getting bigger already! But I'm not massively endowed in that area so there is a bit of room for movement! I'm also burping like crazy (so attractive!).

Has anyone found a midwife yet? I am being told to get onto this and I guess for the time of year we're due it makes sense. I have a list of MW to call, might ring some after my BT tomorrow.

We need to get a list going too!

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:08pm
Very excited to have just passed the six-week point... from what I've heard that's when most MCs are? I think every milestone will be a huge deal for me since this is my first!

I'm feeling pretty normal as well, had some MS last week but not too bad this week, trying to keep myself well fed with veges etc, and lots of water!

Haven't looked into a midwife yet, my doctor said she'd recommend me one at the 8wk appt so I was going to wait till then... not such a good idea maybe?

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:10pm
I know I will feel happier once I get to 6 weeks - mc last time was at 5 1/2 weeks! feeling tired and hungry today

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:26pm
Ladies, when you did your test was the second line very dark - mine have been lightish both yest and today makes me so nervous as last time they were light too and did not get very dark then I had the mc - cant compare with first time as I was already 5 weeks when tested and it was pretty dark

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:33pm
CandyBear - The first 2 tests I did were very pale but it was very early (3w2D and 3w3d) and I got my very dark line at 4w0d.
I tested early because I was already feeling and that has got worse every day since. I now feel nauseous most of the time, very tired and have very sore boobs. My DH thinks I am further along than I say, but I'm pretty sure I can't be. Having a dating scan next week to confirm it for sure.

Posted By: T_pup
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 4:46pm
Hi

Congratulations to all the other mum's and mum-to-be's on here!

First timer and looks like I am due on 1 Jan 2013. Very excited and very overwhelmed as well!

My husband and I have done two home pregnancy tests (on Fri night and Sat day), and then we went to family planning yesterday to get it all confirmed and to find out the next step. She didn't really do any tests (did another home test?) and ordered blood test, which I did today and expect to hear back about in the next 2 or 3 days.
Not really sure what the next step is? I see some people are already talking about getting scans at 8 weeks - am I supposed to book that in?
Very hard to keep all of this a secret :)

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 5:39pm
I'm kinda lucky in that being through a Fertility clinic I get to have weekly blood tests and my first scan will be 25th and I will be 7w6d.

I had some bleeding last night, but it stopped after a few hours thankfully. I had a blood test today and it is all good with my levels rising nicely.

I am so paranoid and it seems so unreal still. I am trying to relax and enjoy being pregnant as it will probably be the only time I ever am.

I have an appointment with a midwife next week, although even she thought I was early...

Hope everyone else is doing well...

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:23pm
Kiwiredhead, sorry to hear you had the scare of spotting, that's really freaky. I have heard of lots of women spotting in early pregnancy, so I bet it was good to get the results today.

I'm the same as you and having weekly blood tests, have my 3rd tomorrow so looking forward to getting the good news tomorrow. I also have a scan booked for the 28th, at 8 weeks. I think the paranoia is normal, especially when its a dream that's been yearned for so long.

Don't worry about being early on the MW, again like you I am meeting with 2 next week and then choosing between them. They are both from the same place and I'll meet them together. They said as I'm due around 5th January a lot of MW's will be on leave then, so I reckon go find yourself a good one!

Welcome Guest too! Sorry this is my 1st time too, so I'm not entirely sure of the process, especially as I'm going through a fertility clinic who take care of all this stuff. You could talk to a midwife who will help?

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:00pm
Guest - from having talked to my doctor already (about coming off my allergy meds now I know I'm pregnant), she said the first "pregnancy" appointment we'd have would be at eight weeks. Up to us to book that in.

At the appt, she might do a scan (can't remember), and will do a pelvic exam, an STI check, poke around and make sure my inner bits are gonna make a nice warm home for baby (I'm rephrasing)... basically it doesn't sound like a fun appt! But a necessary one.

She'll also talk about whether I want a midwife or an obstetrician (?), whether I want her or another doctor to be my main "caregiver" for the pregnancy, and give me the names of some midwives/obs.

Can also decide then if I want a first-trimester scan to check for genetic abnormalities (not even something I want to think about at this stage), although I don't THINK they do the scan at that appt.

My doctor said a bunch of other stuff, but I was in complete info-overload stage. But hope that helps! :)

Posted By: LittleBoPeep
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:17pm
Hey Ladies, Just had a BFP. I assume I am due in January. I have a 9 month old son and haven't had a period in over 18 months. DH made me test because I haven't been very well. It took 18 months to get pregnant with DS and had one MC, I don't even remember having sex in the last month!

FX for sticky babies

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 12:04am
Hi guys, think I am probably gonna miscarry as I've started spotting today.. that is how my last 2 started so I'll just see how I go and maybe get bloods or a scan done hopefully. kinda gutted but nothing unexpected.. it topped off a horrible day too as my computer crashed and I lost a 2000 word assignment.

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:55am
Oh Riceybubbles, so sorry you've been spotting. Will keep everything crossed that this little bean stays safe x

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:55am
Oh and welcome LittleBoPeep!

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:17am
Oh riceybubbles - so sorry to hear! It might not necessarily mean that... but I guess you'll know soon enough if it does. Fx for you.

Posted By: T_pup
Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:19am
Hi BlueMarina

Thanks for the information, very helpful indeed!

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:33am
Oh Riceybubbles, worrying times. How are things today?

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:36am
I hope I get to join you ladies soon!

I'm 2 days late but had a miscarriage on 10th April which has probably screwed up my cycle but a girl can hope! Too nervous to take a test just yet!

Ricebubbles, I truely hope you're okay, I really do.

Admin are trying to fix my account, who knows why I'm signed in as 'guest' and not 'hanniesunshine' grr

Love to all! xo

-------------
TTC since March 2010
MC #1: Sept 2011
Sperm Test: 0 sperm revealed March 2012
MC #2: April 2012
Referred onto Fertility Specialists: May 2012

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:44am
Yay it's working!

Hope you are all having a lovely day :)

-------------
TTC: Mar 2010
Mar 2012: NO sperm in test
BFP: 10 May 2012!
http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/">

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 1:08pm
Good luck Hannie, hope you can join in soon!

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 7:12pm
riceybubbles - I hope your spotting has stopped and your blood tests have risen. Fingers crossed.

Date Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:30pm
Bloods r gud, at 9000 wich is good 4 5ish wks i think. Have been refereed 2 miscarriage clinic 2 for closer observations yay. Good si far!

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:51am
Morena ladies!

Okay, Tuma (my partner) told me not to tell anyone. I told him I've been on a few forums etc and it would be good for me to tell my forum buddies. He was like 'nope babe, you'll jinx it'. Sorry babe, I need to tell someone!

So BFP last night, well a faint BFP but a positive nonethless! I had miscarriage number 2 only 4 weeks ago, so haven't even had a period yet! So this is very unexpected, especially considering we were referred to Fertility Associates last week. Who needs a 20 million sperm, when Tuma only has '1 or 2 single sperm', it really does only take 1 huh! Absolute miracle. Just rung my gyno and she is going to do bloods every 2 days to check HCG levels so that makes me feel a bit better.

I'm trying my hardest not to think the worst and that I'll miscarry again and I'm equally trying not to get too excited! How do you ladies, who have gone through similar, deal with those mixture of feelings?

Symptoms? Twinges, sick feeling all the time, lower back ache, restless legs and headaches. Awesome!!!!!! SO HAPPY!

I'm so excited to go on this 9 month journey with you all!

-------------

Posted By: Guest_56754
Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 1:55pm
omg hannie yr in my almost exact position! I just had my 2nd mc in a row (3rd altogther) at the end of march/start of April and haven't even had a period yet but am pregnant again. Very nervous but am finding it easier 2 cope with because this is my 2nd baby so i have my first 2 focus on. hope u r doing ok, wat a miracle alright!!!! so stoked 4 u! have u got lots of nerves??

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:10pm
Thanks Guest_56754 (what is your real name? hehehe)! Is it true that you are extra fertile following a miscarriage? Still don't know how my mans 'no' sperm are finding their way in lol. My gyno even said I must be bangin' the mailman!

I can't even begin to describe the nerves! I am having my first HCG blood test this afternoon and another on Saturday, since this will be my third pregnancy (no kids yet). I want to be excited but not yet - there is too much that can go wrong. Quietly optimistic though that 3's a charm!

My gyno at Boulcott Hospitcal in the Hutt is going to watch me very closely, thank goodness! Also starting today on Asprin and Provera, which she thinks will help me not to miscarry. It's worth a go!

How are you feeling at the mo? You must be very nervous too poor darling! I'm just trying to make myself relax as much as possible. Go home after work and just woooooosa. No stress is my aim!

Hey - sorry for the questions and this might be a random one! My man is worried about having sex now and it's got me thinking too. Have you ever heard of anyone advised to abstain for the first 3 months following miscarriages? I remember reading something about that a while ago, that sometimes it is recommended to just completely relax the pelvis/uterus. Do you know anything about that by any chance?

Thanks again, and so happy to be sharing this nerve-wracking journey with you!

-------------

Posted By: Nurse77
Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:19pm
Hi everyone, I am 4 weeks pregnant with our first child. We have been trying to conceive for 4 years and after our 1st IVF cycle we got the news we have waited a long time to hear!! I am so incredibly nervous and anxious that I am going to miscarry :-(. Our initial HCG was 51 and 4 days later it was only 74. Does anyone else have slow rising HCG's??

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:47pm
How do you get your hcg levels tested, is this something you get your midwife to do?
I've had a few severe stabbing pains that make me almost double over, so am freaking out it's signs of an impending miscarriage

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:50pm
Hi ladies, I have been away for a couple of days so just catching up on the goss! Congrats to the new BFP's wicked that some of you have got there after a long journey!

Nurse I think HCG can vary greatly and sometimes it is best not to have it done kez - I didnt with number 1 but did last time when I had m/c - that time mine were going up nicley which put me as ease them bam all over :( Kez I think pain is ok just not when connected to bleeding

re sex hannie - my doc told me not too just to be on the safe side - its a def no go if you have any bleeding.

I am starting to get sore boobs now which is exciting - and just did another test and it was nice and dark which did not happen last time - off to make a doc appointment tomorrow - cant wait for my dating scan

-------------

Posted By: LittleBoPeep
Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:59pm
My MC and first full pregnancy I only had one HCG test. Hmmm not sure if that is normal. I am sooo over morning sickness already. I have some anti-acids now so hopefully that helps.

Ricebubbles I hope you are ok!

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:00pm
Hi Hanniesunshine, I don't know y it signed me in as guest 56754, I am riceybubbles!

I also had a mc with my first pregnancy before I had my daughter, and I can honestly say that when I was pregnant with my daughter that I worried every moment of my pregnancy. Right up until she was born 11days late I never fully believed that she would be ok. I had like 7 scans cus i kept freaking out about everything! It's just normal to worry if you've been through mc before.

I really am not too stressed out about this pregnancy, I think I am just kind of expecting it to end in mc, and if it doesn't then I will be totally happy and surprised. I have also made plans for fun things to do, so if I do miscarry, I still have things to look forward to anyway. Not sure if that is the right way to think but it is working for me!

Yes I have heard that you are more likely 2 get pregnant after a mc but never really believed it lol. I have also heard about the sex thing, I'm pretty sure we didn't have sex until 12 weeks while pregnant with my daughter, so are trying not to this time too just in case. Not sure if it will make a difference but u kinda grasp at straws when yr desperate ay haha.

Yay yr getting yr bloods done! they are very easy and reassuring, I'm glad they r looking after u and making sure they keep on track of everything with the asprin and provera. Should help 2 ease yr mind a (little) bit! :)

Congratulations Nurse, that is so exciting 4 u guys! I don't know much about bloods, just that they can b a bit erratic, but hoping they r algud and just taking their time 2 rise!

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 8:37am
Morning girls, nurse congrats on your getting your BFP! It's a really stressful time I know. I did IUI to get this BFP and am feeling rather nervous now too. I am also getting weekly blood tests now and each Wednesday that rolls around makes me feel sick (and not from MS!). Have you tried putting your results into a calculator? I think it you google baby med that brings up a calculator that will tell you what your levels are doing. Have the clinic offered you any advice? As this is my first pregnancy, I can honestly say that hCG BT's suck majorly, and have caused me way more stress than I'd like. Good luck

Kez, I think you can get them done through your GP but it's not standard to do repeat BT's.

Posted By: Kyes
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 10:03am
Hi Ladies,

I might be becoming part of your wee group here. I'm anxiously awaiting my period to arrive, but since i have no idea when it is due, I don't know how long to wait to test!
All I know is I had it on a Monday (I remember thinking it was funny cos it had arrived on Monday the previous 2 cycles too) and I'm certain I had it over Easter. So I 'think' i am on day 34 of a 28 day cycle.

Any way, Hello :)

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:15am
Welcome Kyes! When do you think you'll test? Thinking positive thoughts for you!!

Nurse - I'm pulling for you too, but they are rising so that's a good sign!

HCGs do suck aye Lou! I just got my first one back from the doc and it's only on 30, but she did say it's very early and you're definitely pregnant. She also said that because I didn't get a period this month after the miscarriage 4 weeks ago it's hard to know when I ovulated, so it may be a lot later than I thought! I mean, the POAS was very very faint, so baby is obviously just starting out. Praying and hoping and wishing it's not a chemical.

Having another tomorrow morning so hopefully its doubled! Riceybubbles, you had 9000 at 5 weeks, so I must definitely be a lot earlier than I think huh (wishing, praying, hoping!)

I feel bloody awful though! What about everyone else? Sorest boobies, twinges, sickness and restless legs. Driving me nuts but making me O So Happy!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:28am
Hannie, the range is huge too don't forget, so try not to compare yourself with others as it really means nothing. As you say, its the rise you are looking for and what someone else has at the same time is really quite irrelevant

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:31am
You're a darling Lou, thank you for easing my mind! It's hard not to compare and contrast sometimes isn't it! I will do my best not to :)

How you feeling?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:47am
It is hard, but it doesn't really do anything other than cause more stress

I'm feeling ok actually, just looking forward to getting a good rise next Wednesday and then focusing on our 8 week scan

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:47am
Yeah I agree Hannie they very so much!! Mine were only 500 at 5.5 weeks last time and even though I did mc - the docs were still happy with the number so it must be normal! The only thing that matters is that is doubles every 48 hours :)

I am feeling ok today bit tired as had a long night with DD - sore boobies thats all - man I want the next 8 weeks to go so fast but know they will go so slowly!!!!

My docs when I see her next week may ask for bloods too - so I will be able to join in the axious way!! SO much better not having them

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:15pm
hanniesunshine - I'm uncertain when to test. I have mixed emotions at the moment, Me and my Husband weren't trying for a baby. We already have 2 daughters. We had hoped that later in the year we would go for a 3rd but we are still undecided on that.
My sister is waiting for IVF treatment. I feel like it's 'her turn' and If I get pregnant im jumping que and might upset her. My Sister in law is also on fertility treatment and I don't want to hurt her either.

I'm possibly on day 33 now. I want to test to get it over and done with and my period will probably come once iv tested, but then I don't want to because I think part of me will be sad if it is negative.

What all this talk of Hcg? Whats that?

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:10pm
Hi Kyes, hCG is the pregnancy hormone that gives you a positive urine or blood test. Some of us have blood tests often to check the levels are doing what they should.

Oh and as long as they are doubling every 48-72 hours thats pretty normal, from what I've read anyway! Plus they do start to slow down after 6 weeks I think, so from that point on a scan is more reliable

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:23pm
Thanks for the information ladies :)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:48pm
How is everyone feeling tonight - we need to start up a list - does anyone know how to do it?

-------------

Posted By: Lippy
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:56pm
Can I please join? I'm due on the 4th of January.
This will be our 2nd. Super exciting

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:57pm
Here are a couple of links to a website that give some HCG ranges.

This one is a calculator where you put in your two results and get a doubling figure that should be between 2 and 3.
http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/751-Use-Our-Beta-hCG-Calculator-to-Understand-Your-IVF-Beta-Levels

The same site gives these ranges as 'normal' HCG levels.
Time from LMP     hCG (mIU/mL)
3 weeks             5 - 50
4 weeks             5 - 426
5 weeks             19 - 7340
6 weeks             1080 - 56,500
7 - 8 weeks     7650 - 229,000

Hope this helps ease the stress involved with HCG levels... It is so stressful, but as I don't have a scan until 25th it is the best way to know that baby is doing fine.

Posted By: Bstargirl
Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Hi Ladies. Loving the positive news from people and thinking of those waiting. This is my very first post.....so I hope it's ok to join here. Just had the exciting news that we are due early Jan! But still very nervous wait at the mo. Quite cool finding a place to share similar journeys, esp as we can't really tell people close to us......

I feel like such a novice, but all the abbreviations have me wondering just how much Am I outta the loop! Have managed to pick up some of them, but am I missing something?

Am looking fwd to hearing more of your own developments.

Cheers.

Posted By: Buntingsmum
Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 3:12pm
Hi ladies

Yay! Congrats to you all you ladies due in January 2013!!

Feel a bit nervous posting as it's very very early for me but I am so excited that I thought I'd say hi. I just a BFP for #2 baby this morning. Due 21/1/13, super super stoked and feeling really lucky. I won't have any blood tests (didn't last time) and I know when OV happended as I was charting, so will have to hang out for the 12 week scan to get a glimse of the little one.

Bstargirl - under forums and the forum administration bit there are frequently asked questions which have all the abbreviations to get your head around.

Really looking forward to sharing this journey with you all

-------------
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb2m.lilypie.com/OCHup13.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lmtm.lilypie.com/sz8Fp12.png][/URL]

Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 3:50pm
Welcome Bsmum.

No bloods for me either, I didn't last time. No dating scan this time or last time. I was charting so knew when I ovulated etc (which evidently is late so I will no doubt deliver 'late' again).
I didn't bother confirming it with a doctor. The test pretty much confirms that along with a missed period
I did phone a MW though and have an appointment in 3 weeks.

Just keeping happy and relaxed as much as possible. I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat at the the MW appointment.

-------------

Posted By: SethsMama
Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:00pm
**Lurker in***

YAY Bunting!!!

**Lurker out**

-------------
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Posted By: mamarama
Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:04pm
Hi!! I got my BFP a week ago, and I swear this last week felt like it was 242342623 days long!!! I am due 15 January.

This is my first pregnancy. I have told my parents, my mum-in-law, my three best friends and my brother and sister. All people that will be there for me if something goes wrong! Today, I had to tell my hairdresser (who jumped up and down and ran around) so she would use less chemicals on my scalp.

I have really sore boobs, had a headache for about 5 days this week, I'm super sleepy, and today I had two very quick waves of nausea - like REALLY quick, only a few seconds, but twice.

I wandered around Farmer's today, there was a sale. I think I touched every cot, pram, and car seat they had! I want to start buying stuff, but I'm so scared that something will happen!

I have called a midwife group here in Wellington, they are making decisions on January babies this Tuesday. I really really want one of them!

How is everybody feeling? Hopefully the time speeds up and we'll all be jumping into 2nd tri - happy as can be!

Date Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:30pm
Oh Bunting YAY YAY so stoked you have got your BFP too!!!! congrats to all the new peeps in here as well

today really only had sore boobs - I really want to feel sick (I will regret that when it happens!)

-------------

Posted By: Paulsmum
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:36pm
Congratulations to you all!!!!

I had a BFP yesterday, and think my DD will be jan 15, same as you mamarama!!

This will be my second pregnancy and have a very full on 2 yr old son so it is going to be interesting!! We knew last week but it only showed up yesterday!

Looking forward to this journey with you all. And sending lots of sticky vibes to you all!!

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: Calais66
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:04am
Hi all my name is Sha,

Happy Mothers day to all you beautiful mums and mums to be.

I Did a home pregnancy test about two days ago which yes, well was positive. I have yet 2 confirm with my GP, but i have all the symptoms as like my other pregnancies. By the dates from my LMP i am due round the 15-16 jan 2013. My last pregnancy about 6 or so months ago was an eptopic and had 2 have my right FT removed. Was a big shock to know they had to remove it. Got use to it because i hav three beautifil children already. Am really excited atm, more so because my sister may b pregnant as well. So have my FX on that 1.
Im not sure if its 2 early 2 find a MW. I can't remember how far along i was when i found my last MW that was 4 years ago.

Congratz to all you first time mummies to be. I am looking foward to reading about all the wonderful preggy stories.

-------------
Tajae- 06/10/2002. Dashone- 26/5/2006. Lorenzo- 18/6/2007. Lincoln-John- 13/1/2013

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:57am
Hay ladies, Im still around. Still waiting for my period. DH is adament im not up the duff so im not allowed to blow the budget and buy a test. Stingy bugger lol.
I dont have any symptomns of being preg though so he's probably right.

With previous pregancys I got spider veins on my chest around 4weeks. I don't seem to have any.

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:56am
All pregnancies are different. This is way different to my last. I don't have the same degree of ms I had with her. I was so sick and bedridden by now.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net