Print Page | Close Window

Palmy get together

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: General Chat
Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Description: For mums, dads, parents-to-be, grandparents, friends -- you name it! And you name the topic you want to chat about!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4225
Printed Date: 28 September 2024 at 1:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Palmy get together
Posted By: mummy_becks
Subject: Palmy get together
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:17am

In another thread we have talked about a Palmy get together as babies have gotten bigger, bellies are getting bigger and some bellies have turned into babies!!!

I have compliled a list of the few I can remember that are in Palmy - sorry about missing anyone) please add yourself to the list.

• Becks (mummy_becks)
  • Janine (mumtoparis)
  • Stacey (kebakat)
  • Andie (andie)
  • Bec's (xandersmum)
  • Teresa (busymum)
  • Kell (kelly)

Do we want to have a meet up? If you are keen put down the dates you are available for November and times on that date and see if we can reach a mutual time and date for us all. And also if you house is big enough to hold a number of woman and their children.

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:19am

Ok so any weekend is ok for me after 1pm as I don't get home from work till then.

My back yard is big enough to hold us all and I have new outdoor furniture to play with as we got it all for a wedding present but haven't been able to have it all outside to use.

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Posted By: lizzle
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:58am
I'm out. i was in Palmy but moved to Gisborne earlier this year. as much fun as you ladies are, i'm not travelling back!

Posted By: Andie
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 1:39pm

Awww Liz - where's your commitment?!!! 

The last weekend in November is out for me, but aside from that, Saturday afternoons are probably good.  Actually, I'm REALLY flexible with my time being a SAHM of one.  Our house is so un-childproofed it's not funny.  OK for Ella for now, but not so great for those of you with kiddies who are on the move! 

-------------
Andie

Posted By: mum2paris
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 2:12pm
hhhm will go check roster

Ok, I did not realise I was working so many damn weekends!

For November I have 2 sundays off, the 12th and the 26th

Early December I have 2 sundays as well, the 3rd and the 10th.

Any time on those days would be fine, cannot imagine anything being planned too early anyway, and i don't get sleep ins much cos the girls are programmed into 6.15 starts now. ick.

-------------
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Posted By: aimeejoy
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 4:10pm
Ooooo me too!! You guys work out a date and time, and if I can make it I will come

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 5:45pm
Any weekend at the mo for me is fine

Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 5:46pm
Our house is huge too but only downside is no toys for kids to play with yet

Posted By: emeldee
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 9:18pm
Aah Palmy and Cafe Cuba's Banoffee Pie and Silk Cake *sob* - fond memories.

-------------

Posted By: busymum
Date Posted: 27 October 2006 at 10:36pm
I have a big house, you'd all be welcome. (In Milson)

I'm keen, and free pretty much any Monday-Saturday except Friday mornings. Hints towards a Saturday afternoon would suit me fine, like maybe 1.30 to 3.00?

And my name is Teresa by the way

-------------

Posted By: Xander&Harmony
Date Posted: 28 October 2006 at 9:49am
sundays r out for me but could do sat arvo.

-------------
BECS
http://www.sparklee.com">
Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)

Posted By: 11111
Date Posted: 28 October 2006 at 11:56am
Oh starting to wish I was still in Plamy

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 28 October 2006 at 12:55pm
No saturdays free here, all working

-------------

Date Posted: 28 October 2006 at 3:50pm
So long as it's on a weekend I'm happy as I work full time

Date Posted: 28 October 2006 at 10:04pm
lol maybe we need two get-togethers

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2006 at 3:01pm

Janine have you got a Saturday you are working a morning? We could do it that one and you turn up a little later.

I say Saturday arvo - time to be confirmed at Teresa's house then.

How does that sound???

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2006 at 9:19pm
Sounds good to me. Once we have confirmations I'll PM my address.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2006 at 9:53pm
hhhm i have the 11th, but we are going out that evening for my work do (hopefully if i can wrangle mike into missing speedway), the thing with mornings for me is that i don't finish till 3.30. so by the time i get changed and stuff and get home it's near on 4.

You ladies choose a time and date and chuck me the address and if i can come then i'll tex becs or andie.
calendar is filling up - this time of year is crazy for everyone and i cannot beleive how crazy it is fitting it in around 2 work schedules now too.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 9:02am

I know what you mean about being crazy. I've been asked for a date for my baby shower and I so can't get a date to suit in December. I might wing it and not have one or have it in January.

OK so Saturday it is. Please list your preference to which Saturday is best for you:

4th - Out, I have an exam
11th - Fine with this one
18th - Fine with this one
25th - Out I have a concert that night

And what you will bring to eat or drink, I think we should do this - Teresa can provide the cups and plates . So just say eat or drink with your post so we can arrange that we have different stuff coming.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 10:32am
All those dates are good by me.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 2:37pm
the 25th is out for me (and probably for you too, Theresa - there's an invite coming your way to an avo do then), but the 18th would be great

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:01pm
Any is good by me

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:47pm
oo Andie now I'm curious!!!

-------------

Posted By: Roxy
Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 8:42pm
hey could I join in too???I live in dannevirke

-------------
Caleb 15/11/02 Brooke 14/11/05

Date Posted: 30 October 2006 at 8:48pm
Sure the more the merrier, I think Aimee is thinking of making the trip over from that way as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 11:34am
Considering the 11th is just next week I propose we start pencil-booking this one. It looks like 11th or 18th would work for anyone, so (for the sake of giving people enough notice), how about

Saturday 18 November
My place, be aware that the lounge is upstairs (but I have a stair rail to shut the kiddies in )
2.00-3.30 includes afternoon tea

The next thing I need is a list of people coming so I can send my address around (on PM). That would be......?
Mummy_Becks
Andie
Roxy
Aimeejoy
kebakat
Mum2Paris (maybe)
Xandersmum

who have I missed? Janine's friend?

Okay chuck your name in if you're coming, and is the 18th okay? If we're really onto it we can change to the 11th.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:48pm
hey ladies, will have to opt out for either of those.. working morning on the 11th with staff do in the evening, and then have mikes staff thingie on the 18th, a day trip, so it's a no go for me.. have fun and don't eat too much (hhm who brought those terribly indulgent chocky bickies last time.. they were toooo good. lol)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:59pm
Sorry to hear that Janine, we should arrange these more regularly and you can come to the next one. Have fun at the work do!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 5:03pm
The 18th is out for me, but don't let that stop youse... I'm not guaranteed to make it on the 11th either - I could plan to, but would really have to see on the day how it's going.  Newborns, eh! 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 5:08pm
Ummmm, hopefully this doesnt put you off either but me and Roxy will be out for the 18th cos its her kids birthday party...

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 5:09pm
Maybe we do need to do it more regularly

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 6:52pm
Oops - it's the 25th not the 18th that's out for me... the 18th might still be out, but heck, make plans and I'll try to come along and join in the fun!  Theresa... ignore the PM I sent you - I shoulda said 25th not the 18th for the baby shower.  My bad! 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:55pm
LOL Andie I just replied to you haha <sigh> and I thought I was the one with preggy brain ...

We could do 11th if you girls want, I think we need a vote.... and then another catch up in January for everyone else (which I'll probably opt out of since I'm due then)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:02pm
The 11th is good for me, Andrew will have one busy day that day. Swimming lessons - Daycare BBQ - then our get together. Hopefully he will be good all day.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 9:11am
Yeah I'll give the 11th a shot... and a January one too. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:36pm
Ok! RSVPS for the 11th then I presume...
Aimeejoy
Roxy
Andie
Mummy_Becks

Anyone else?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:42pm
Have just PMed those four and Kebakat.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:22pm
Not sure if we are doing anything on the 11th, but I should be able to come. Meeting little Ella is a big incentive!

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:43pm
Hehe Andie you better show up now!
If nothing else cause you're the only person I know

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:03pm
I'll be there, just have to make sure I remember lol

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 8:33pm
argh.. was just coming in all excited cos mikes work do has been moved to next friday night instead.. so the 18th was free for me. lol. doh!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 9:15pm

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 9:15pm
Becks, can you remind us what the deal is with afternoon tea please?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 November 2006 at 10:20am
We bring stuff. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 04 November 2006 at 4:30pm
We all bring stuff to it, but we need to say what we are going to bring. So we need to start a list of what we will bring - just so we don't get double ups of something.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 November 2006 at 8:24pm
Becks is your Andrew gonna be well enough by the 11th if he has chicken pox?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 November 2006 at 9:34pm
I was thinking that as well. If he has them then the spots won't come up until probably next weekend - just great. I'll keep an update on that. If he can't come then thats ok I'll leave him at home with his dad and just me will be there with my big fat tummy.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 12:31am
11th out for me cos my mums up from christchurch next weekend.i definatly come next time tho.

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:48am
Hmmm I just thought Becks if he does have them I might stay away - I've never had chicken pox and although you may have when you were little (dunno if u have or not) you can still carry them and I don't really wanna risk getting them. There is a guy at work I've been told to avoid like the plague for the same reason as his kids just got them as well

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 5:54pm
I've had them so I am fine. If he has anything looking like them he is staying away from everyone and it'll just me and my fat tummy.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 6:36pm
What I was getting at, if it's just you you can still carry them but it doesn't effect you as you have already have them, but since you carry them I could get it from you. Like the father that I work with, he's been told to stay the hell away from me and another chick I work with as he may give them to us since neither of us have had them.

I'm not gonna risk getting them. Getting them as an adult is supposed to be horrible. Getting them as a pregnant tired lady must be torture! lol

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 7:20pm

Hmmm, never heard that I could carry them as well. I asked about it at the dr's on Friday and she said i'm fine. You are probably right be a carrier and not actually have them as I have had them before - i've just finished studying that stuff I should have a look at it. We may have to change the date to the 18th then to be on the safe side.

How is everyone for the 18th???

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:02pm
Sure 18th would be okay I don't know about the carrying thing either Becks, but let's go 18th just for everyone's peace of mind, if nothing else. Do you wanna PM Xandersmum and Roxy and Aimeejoy, they all said 11th wouldn't do so may not be still reading this topic?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:08pm
Me and Roxy cant come on the 18th cos its her daughters birthday, but maybe its easier not to worry about us this time. I was semi planning on coming over on the 11th, but you guys do it when it suits you. Do you think we should plan a January one early, so we can all book it in soon?

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:12pm
Yep book a Jan one I finish work on the 6th of Jan so anything after that I am sweet as. I think i'm being made to have a baby shower at some stage during Jan so if we book this date first then I can work around it.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:42pm
Why don't we have two November get-togethers, I'll put my place on offer for one (whatever date, 11th or 18th) and someone else offer for the other date. Then everyone can choose which one suits them best and most of us will actually be able to meet someone?

(waffle waffle waffle must be bedtime lol)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:37pm
So the words from my doc, I'm to avoid ya becks. If I get chicken pox it will be very very bad as it's apparently extremely bad for my lil bean and I could catch them from ya *pouts*

Date Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:30pm
Oh that's really sad 'cause I'm in the same boat as Stacey (pregnant that is). What shall we do ladies? Half now, half later (in January)?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:57pm
Argh decisions!! Well it looks like Roxy won't be able to come this weekend as Brooke has tonsillitis, then both of us cant coem the 18th (birthday party). Sorry for speaking on your behalf Rox, but you havent posted in here for a while...

How about January 13th? The weekend before is too close to holidays, the one after is a long weekend and we are going away.

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:57pm
Ooooo, and maybe we could have it at the esplanade or something?!

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 06 November 2006 at 9:24pm

Teresa if you have had the pox then you are ok, its bad for Stacey as she hasn't had them before. Once she hits 12 weeks she is fine its jsut the 1st trimester - like everything else.

Jan 13th is fine by me, i was in at work just before for a meeting and my leave has been sorted so bring on the 7th of Jan when I finish work.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 November 2006 at 1:24pm
So are we going to do a November get-together at all? If so I think only me, Andie, and Becks OR Stacey are available.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 November 2006 at 1:25pm
(Yes I have had chicken pox, my girls haven't but I just made my own enquiries and catching off you would be pretty difficult)

-------------

Date Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:21pm
Okay both my girls are down with ear infections (ugh!), so I'm making an executive decision to cancel the proposed November get-together...

I'm a little disappointed though (sniff sniff) that I didn't get to meet everyone, especially Andie's baby Ella of course

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2006 at 8:50am
Just *lurking* and wishing I lived in palmy still so I could meet you lovely ladies too.
oh Trersa that is really sucky. Hope they get better soon.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 09 November 2006 at 12:19pm
Fair enough, We will make it a January one now.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2006 at 7:27pm
Good idea. January it is

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 10 November 2006 at 10:03am

I'm in for January.  Pity to miss it, but can't help getting sick eh, and best not to share it!  Hope everyone gets through the chickenpox and ear infections soon - they're both such miserable things to have!  Hugs to you mums with sick kiddies. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 10 November 2006 at 2:24pm
argh tell me aobut it i am ready to pack Paris's bags.. she is a grotty wench!

all morning it has been NO!, screams, yells, tantrums, decided she had to have every single doll in the house, carrying them all with her and wondered why her little sis went bonkers at her. I took one off her to give to ayja and she let out this blood curdling scream.. who knows what the neighbours thought! so i stuck her in her room.. she kept doing it, so i closed the door.. each time explaining and warning. ppfft. sick of sick gortty 3 yr olds. At least Ayja is nice when she is sick.. and in between times. Paris is one bossy moddy little primadonna when she wants to be.. of course i love her.. but sometimes i don't like her as much as i could. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2006 at 2:27pm
Janine, Briona's my stubborn one. She's been sooooo hard to put up with this week, even though she's spent half the week in bed By 6pm every night I've had nothing left to give in the emotional/nurturing arena and she has been changed and put to bed asap! Fortunately her meds seem to be finally kicking in and we actually enjoyed a tickling session this morning. Oh so good to have her "back"!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 December 2006 at 9:34pm
Bump!! I think we had semi-decided 13 Jan but could be any day really. Would be cool to have it at the esplanade or somewhere outside

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 20 December 2006 at 10:03pm
i will be in palmy fronm the 18th to the 21st of jan would love to catch up with everyone.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 10:51am

Any day is fine for me, but I think we should have it when Deb is down.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 11:21am
oh Becks that would be real cool.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 11:49am
I have the 18th, 19th and 20th off work too, so any of those is good for me!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:37pm
All 3 days suit me so far!

-------------
Andie

Posted By: EllenMumof2
Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:41pm

maybe i can come over from wangas and say hello if thats alright? Where do you guys have your meet ups?

http://lilypie.com">

http://lilypie.com">

-------------

Kalem 6!

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:58pm
I'm expecting to have a one-week-old so I'll play it by ear. Organise without me but let me know the arrangements.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:19pm
I will say it for the palmy girl's of course you can come over from Wanga's more the better. YA well I will sort out my plan's and get back to you but I am thinking maybe sat morning at mc cafe(we don't have one here really miss it) how is that for everyone else unless anyone has a better idea I can't drive tho so it really needs to in or near town.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:55pm
There's always meeting in the Square - might be a bit easier on the kiddies than being downstairs in McD's - with McD's as a wet weather venue tho!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 6:33pm
I can't do 18 or 19 (ill be back at work by then) so only weekend days for me

Date Posted: 21 December 2006 at 10:14pm
Darn I forgot stupid M'D's have upstairs down stairs well we could do the square. Sat will be the best day for me as not sure if I will arrive till the friday. So anytime Sat work's for me. So what ver you guy's are keen for. Course you don't have to plan your meet up round me. If it work's better for you guy's to do it another time.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:39pm
Weekend would prob be ok for me too, my brother has just decided he's coming over from aussie on the 17th, so no doubt will want to catch up. If we still wanted a Mc-Cafe.. there's the one at the rangitikei st mc-d's and it's all downstairs and the kids can go play too.. just a suggestion... am up for wherever

-------------

Date Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:43pm
We are going away the 20/21 jan so cant make sat morning, but no worries. You all decide and then will let youknow if I can make it

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 23 December 2006 at 9:19pm
i havent been on here in ages and feel like im a newbie again lol.im up for mcd's on rangitiki st(not far for me to walk you see lmao)otherwise anywhere in town is good.

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 24 December 2006 at 12:40pm
Rangitiki work's for me too it not too far from town. I am getting so excited sbout my trip now. where about do you live Bec's I use to live that end of town went to QEC.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 24 December 2006 at 1:49pm
Me and Bec's live around the corner from each other. So Rangitikei is good for me as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2006 at 9:14pm
im down birmingham st but moving to milson next monthish

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 26 December 2006 at 9:45pm
ahhh, so you'll be closer to us then Becs.. he he, still have to pick up those candles...

ew, i take it you guys all heard about that murder in the flats next to QEC... how icky.

Becks, if you live round the conrer from Becs then you live round near my mum.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2006 at 8:02pm
LOL Janine,im meant to drop them to your mum but i am sooooo slack.yup im moving down Cambridge St so yup will be closer to you guys lol. ewww yes that death is icky.

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 28 December 2006 at 2:57pm
Um yes, we have driven past that a few times, my SIL lives on Guy Ave (but down the other end) and its opposite their street.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:49pm
Yeah we came out of Guy ave the other day after visiting mum, when the white tent was still outside the doors and police cars outside. Just felt eeeeewwww waiting at the intersection with that across the road.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2006 at 8:00am
Ok so fill me it what happened. OH and I grew up round the couner from Janine I was down Mancherter. We went to the same primary didn't we Janine?
Anyway was in palmy for a fleeting visit on boxing day had to drop BIL off at airport I am looking forward to my trip more and more. Janine will PM you my cell Number and text you when I know more what my plan's are you seem to know most of the palmy ladies.
Thresa I was talking to Nic and if you have baby and not keen to go out and it is ok with you me nad her might pop in to say hi. Really want to catch up with you if it is possible. Nic really want's us to move back me and hubby are sort of considering our option's at the momnet. I feel really torn on one hand I don't want to leave what we have here on the other hand I really miss home.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 29 December 2006 at 10:36am
That would be great Deb. I don't think I'll be up to taking a 1wo baby out AND looking after the other kids too! Just call from Nic's when you're down here.

I don't think you want to know about that murder.... http://www.stuff.co.nz/3913573a10.html - stuff news link It's a 39yo man who lived on his own but he had two 17yo "visitors" who assaulted him and left him to bleed to death. The "good" news for other people in Palmy is that the way they assaulted him indicates there was a motive so they won't just be popping in to anyone's home randomly. If you're more curious than that, I'll PM you cause it's icky.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2006 at 10:43am
NA that's plently of info was just courous as I went to QEC there was alway's something dodgy going on at those flat's I think at one point QEC wanted to buy them and use them a hostel's or something.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 06 January 2007 at 9:46am
So 2 week's till I come to Palmy and I am trying to make some final plan's so who is up to meet me. I will be at Mc Donald's Rangatiki on sat so what time suits.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 06 January 2007 at 9:59am
Anytime is good for me. I'll be on maternity leave so i'm free as.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2007 at 10:23am
Well shall we say 11am at Rangatiki mc Donlad's. on sat if that work's for everyone else.

-------------
Deborah Mum to:

Date Posted: 06 January 2007 at 10:24am
On Saturday I have nothing to do so I'm free anytime

Date Posted: 06 January 2007 at 10:25am
Sweet, this is the 20th we are talking about isn't it???

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net