Print Page | Close Window

palmy north mums/mums-to-be

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Fun Stuff
Forum Name: Mums Meet Up!
Forum Description: Planning a get together with other OHbaby! mums (and dads!) in your area? Post it here!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8126
Printed Date: 02 October 2024 at 2:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: palmy north mums/mums-to-be
Posted By: katylaurenshaw
Subject: palmy north mums/mums-to-be
Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 12:40pm
i missed your meet up!!! i have only just got back on to check the site as we had computer trouble!! i have still not met any new mums or mums-to-be yet!!

my ante-natal classes finished and there were only 2 other couples can you believe!!!??? im not sure if any one will stay in contact or not as no1 exchanged numbers! dont think any of us really hit it off if you know what i mean!

im just over 36 weeks preg now and very nervous about the approaching event! not sure im mentally prepared for it really!

any more meet ups planned?

-------------
katy shaw.due 02/07/07. palmerston north

Replies:
Posted By: busymum
Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 1:06pm
Katy we are thinking of going for the first Monday/Tuesday of each month, probably we'll alternate between Mondays and Tuesdays because of people's availability. So the June one has happened and the July one is probably going to be a Monday - either the 2nd or the 9th. But then I see you're due on the 2nd Reckon you'll still be available then? Otherwise you can always catch up in Aug/Sept I guess.

All the best, not long to wait now

-------------

Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 1:20pm
oh ok, thats cool. im not sure if i'll make the july one but i may be able to make the aug one- obviously depending how everything goes. but i should most def be ready for the sept one. its good that they'r guna be regular now! will you post the exact dates, time, place in this meet up section then?

thanks for your reply!

-------------

Posted By: Kels
Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 1:53pm
Ooo I was thinking of coming to a Palmy meet up before I go back to work. I may see if any other Welly mums want to come up for a day trip too. It would be good to meet with you all and catch up with both the becks that I have already meet.

-------------
http://lilypie.com">
Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Posted By: caliandjack
Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 4:53pm
Hello Palmy mums, I need your help.
I have friends coming to stay with their 4 month old baby, and 7 year old daughter. need suggestions of what to do/see/activites that are baby friendly, but interesting enough for a 7 year old.
We've been to Owlcatraz, and will probably go to the mini golf.

Posted By: mummy_becks
Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 8:00pm

Kels that would be so cool if a group of you come on up. You could have a fun shopping stop at Otaki on the way up and buy up at PP.

Fleury, the esplanade if its a fine day, a trip up to the wind farm could be fun for the girl seing the turbines up close.

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Date Posted: 09 June 2007 at 10:53pm
Only the wind turbines if they are not sick of being in the car already

There's the library (great place to hang out and read even if you don't get books out), Te Manawa, Leisureplex, Downtown maybe...?

-------------

Posted By: Andie
Date Posted: 16 June 2007 at 5:06pm

Is the Leisureplex aka 'the lido'?  If it is - it's a winner for a primary schooler.  Hopefully the 4-month-old will keep themselves entertained trying to roll over or something - no need to find activities for them, more for the mum, I imagine! 

...so, either the 2nd or the 9th it is?  Maybe the 2nd would give Katy a little more opportunity to come out and play with us, should bubs not have made a move yet?  Dunno - how'd you feel about spending a little of your due date meeting us, Katy?  Of course, you might very well be busy with a newborn instead - all the best for the next few weeks, eh. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 16 June 2007 at 6:15pm
thanks andie- i would def love to join you on the 2nd if all is well! id have to see how things are of course! dont worry if the 9th ends up more convenient for you all tho! i will be there for sure by aug so i'l keep checking on here to see whats happening!

i'll put a message up wen bubs arrives!!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2007 at 7:33pm
Andie, Leisureplex is the new thing put up which covers superbowl and mini golf and I forget what else But the Lido is a good idea too.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2007 at 11:19am
How is the 2nd of July for everyone?? Shall we make it the same place or somewhere different???

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Posted By: kell
Date Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:49am
Looking forward to the next one!! Just a thought though....It will be school holidays so maybe wait till they are over? Macca's will be so busy. Just a thought though

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 22 June 2007 at 12:41pm
*ponders* can I work up the courage to go out yet? lol

Date Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:27pm

Or we could all come to your place, Stacey!!!  

Kidding - I'm kidding!  Maybe still have it then, but a different venue cause of the hols?  Not that I've got any ideas for where.  Lollipops playland?  Thought that'd probably be even busier...

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:43pm

Lollipops will be busier and it's not all that great there.

Stacey you'll be fine with him.

Maybe someone with a largeish living area wants to put there house up there?? I would but mine is teeny tiny.

-------------

Posted By: lizzle
Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:46am
I'm out. Won't be in Palmerston til later. will be on the 4th and 5th but will be flat out doing job intervewis and looking at flats, so probably no time. you'll all just have to wait to see me (I;m building the suspense here - hope no one gets let down after I build myseflf up like this)

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 11:26am
I dont mind having it at my house? Will have to be second week of hols though cause I have family coming to meet James.
Stacey Im terrified about venturing out! I did last week and Kayla threw a paddy in the supermarket and James started screaming

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 11:30am
hehe kell I'm the same. Except I'm more worried about him suddenly wanting to be a piggy than screaming. The screaming I can deal with, but wanting to be a piggy at an annoying moment would be frustrating.

I have the big living room - well I think it's big..

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

I have the big living room - well I think it's big..

Yes it is big.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:38pm
I dont mind either way then, but if its the first week I cant make it.

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

hehe kell I'm the same. Except I'm more worried about him suddenly wanting to be a piggy than screaming. The screaming I can deal with, but wanting to be a piggy at an annoying moment would be frustrating.

At least we're all mums and can handle "piggy" babies

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:49pm
Yes but how about piggy babies and 2 year old tantrums?! cause thats my life

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Posted By: mum2paris
Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:53pm
Ooooh that's the most fun.

The one thing my girls hate most, is when i just walk away from their tantrums. I do that most places.. (not far away, just begin to walk away)

-------------
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:57pm
lol you should have seen the looks I got in the supermarket when I did that! And James was screaming away...I had to smile or I would have cried. Kayla was eating lollies out of the bulk bins, I dont know what has got in to her?

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

At least we're all mums and can handle "piggy" babies

He really sounds like a piggy at the moment. He snorts like crazy because he's got a blocked nose and is even worse if my thumb slips and he doesn't have a big enough gap to breathe (damn big boobs!!!!! lol)

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:07pm
Cant wait to meet him! And the rest of you of course

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:44pm

It looks like the second week is probably easiest. Where we have it is now the question.

I  can top the tantrums, a 4 month old and a 3 year old but crying and screaming at the same time. It was at home so I just walked away and let DH handle it.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:51pm
Ekkk, at least they can all have a cry together then!!
I have a big lounge but im in Rongotea so if you dont want to travel to me maybe Staceys house? and I will venture into town.....

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:03pm
It's tough now Kell, but Kayla will "grow up" soon and things settle down. We just went through a tough re-learning time with Hannah but she's sweet now, Briona's pretty good too, and Krystiana now 5mos so she's started solids etc and I have a lot more time and energy back for mothering.

-------------

Posted By: nictoddie
Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:52pm
Hi there all,

I have a huge lounge too, so don't mind if you wanna come and play at my house and I have millions of toys hehe!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 11:21am

Huge lounges sound great... count me in, whoever volunteers theirs!! 

Hey, on a side note, I'm having a clear-out and sending a pile of stuff to the Sallys.  But this shirt I think is nice (I just don't wear it) and these shoes I think are soooo sexy (wore them once and very quickly discovered I just don't fit them!).  So instead of doing the Trade Me thing (I can't be bothered packaging them up), I thought I'd offer them free to any Palmy ladies who might like them - can hand them over at our next get-together. 

Shoes are size 9 (useless if you're really an 8 and thought you could get away with them)

Shirt is a 16 - great condition.  It's that kinda 2-toned fabric, so is moss green but has an almost goldy colour in it.  Not shiney, but not matt.

PM if you want them, otherwise they go in the pile for the clothing bin. 

Got a kettle too, if anyone needs one!  Random, I know! 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 11:46am
lol Random Kettle!
Well we have a few houses to have this thing at, so how do we decide? and what date are we all happy with?

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 1:37pm

a date that's not a wednesday or thursday suits me. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 2:11pm
I went and saw Stacey last weekend and we did mention having this at her place (hopefully she ill see this post  - might txt her to get her to confirm) and she was keen for next Tuesday (the 9th) once its confirmed she will let you know how to get her addy.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 2:18pm
I'm fine for it to be at my house depending on the time you guys wanna meet.. anytime from 11am is good. Daniel cluster feeds for a couple of hours once he's up which is the only reason why.

Posted By: nictoddie
Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 4:26pm
I should be able to make it all going well got lots happening at the mo!!
Hey stacey just read daniels blog what a wee cutie you have there, he looks very old and wise for his 3 weeks of age

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 4:53pm
hehe thanks, he does at times.. everyone says hes extremely alert for his age

Posted By: aimeejoy
Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 7:38pm
[QUOTE=mummy_becks] ...she was keen for next Tuesday (the 9th) QUOTE]

Tuesday is the 10th isnt it? Is it Tues or Mon the 9th I may be able to make it but depends how crook I am feeling next week

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 03 July 2007 at 8:28pm

Originally posted by aimeejoy aimeejoy wrote:

[QUOTE=mummy_becks] ...she was keen for next Tuesday (the 9th) QUOTE]

Tuesday is the 10th isnt it? Is it Tues or Mon the 9th I may be able to make it but depends how crook I am feeling next week

You are so right  I didn't have a calander near me.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:34pm
So is it on Monday or Tuesday?

Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 10:44am
Tuesday, Monday was last month.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 1:54pm
Righto - whos coming and needs my addy/directions?

Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 3:29pm
Yep - count me in!  And Becks told me the street but yes, I have forgotten!  Shall we bring nibbles or something?  I'm sure between us we can make sure that you don't need to play 'hostess' - you're busy enough with wee Daniel as it is. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 3:55pm
I don't do the "hostess" thing too well according to my mother lol. Everyone who comes here is welcome to help themselves to tea and coffee and that's just the way my house works which my mother is appauled by!

Nibbles would be good I think.

Date Posted: 05 July 2007 at 4:18pm
I'm skipping this month - thanks tho

-------------

Posted By: AndysMummy
Date Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:26pm
If I haven't run away from home by Tuesday Andy and I would love to come too.

Looking forward to meeting Daniel.

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:07pm

So is tomorrow still happening?  Who's in? 

(if you've PMed me your address, Stacey, I didn't get it 'cause my inbox was full for about 2 weeks... how sad is that?!?).  Hope all the Palmy ladies are doing alright on this horrible wet day - I've got the fire going and am about to tuck into the soup. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:31pm
lol I'll send it to you again then

Date Posted: 10 July 2007 at 1:31pm
Ha ha am probably missing it.. but i got a sneaky peek at Daniel yesterday anyways. cutie wee guy he is!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 July 2007 at 2:13pm
I seemed to be stalking you yesterday.. i saw you guys again in tnt hehe

Date Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:58pm
ahem, oh dear... lol,
we were picking up the girls dresses for Paris's fairy party in a couple of weeks. of course they tried them on this evening.. Ayja's Halo kept slipping (how ironic!) so she whipped it off and threw it on the ground.

-------------

Posted By: Kels
Date Posted: 11 July 2007 at 8:06pm

When is your next palmy meetup? Us welly mums are wanting to come up to it, so dates asap would be great. I think so far its me, Claire (redbedrock) and Leish. I know you do it once a month just hoping for a date

-------------
http://lilypie.com">
Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Date Posted: 11 July 2007 at 8:34pm
oo kewl! I'll start a new thread so everyone can see

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net