Print Page | Close Window

Y judge us???Nobodys perfect

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: General Chat
Forum Name: General Chat
Forum Description: For mums, dads, parents-to-be, grandparents, friends -- you name it! And you name the topic you want to chat about!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=836
Printed Date: 08 October 2024 at 3:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Y judge us???Nobodys perfect
Posted By: Tami
Subject: Y judge us???Nobodys perfect
Date Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:31pm
Im a very young mother,infact im only 14!.I hate it how every one judges me and all the other teenage mothers out there(cuz theres alot!).When i found out i was pregnant i was very shocked because i didnt believe my body could handle a baby and i was very scared but why should i kill or give up a healthy baby?

My baby is here.A healthy baby boy and i love him to bits.Hes my first baby(of course)and im in a school for pregnant and young mothers and i love it and all the other girls.

I just want to no what every one else thinks about the whole 'young mums' thing.

Replies:
Posted By: nuttymama
Date Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:49pm
Hi Tami,

Personally I think 14 is very young to have a baby, but the fact that you stepped up to the plate and have accepted responsibility is a mature step in itself, alot of girls your age have abortions etc. Good on you for staying in school, I doubt it's easy raising bubs and keeping up with school work. Unfortunately young mums along with single mums are always going to cop an unfair amount of flak, usually by people that have no idea what they are talking about. I wish lots of luck and happiness for the future with your beautiful bubs.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Posted By: lizzle
Date Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:35pm
Wow tami

14 is pretty young!!! But as Vick said, good on you for taking responsibilty, and staying in school!!!!! Wow, that's great. And you know, people judge you on something, no matter What you do. Just gotta learn to ignore them and do what you feel is best. I guess one thing that comes from having a baby a little later, I can say to anyone with confidence "yeah? well that's none of your business". Good luck with your bubba. What's his name?

Date Posted: 06 August 2005 at 1:32pm
his names Khayle james(khayle is said kale most people cant read it lol).today hes 1 month old

Posted By: nikkitheknitter
Date Posted: 06 August 2005 at 2:26pm
Hey Tami,

I used to judge I remember seeing a girl at the beginning of last year who was 3 years younger than me (She was about 15)who had had twins. I felt so sorry for her that she had given up so much by getting pregnant so young. Wowwwwwwweeeeeeee was I wrong!!! and how rude of me to judge, as if that would have helped her!

I got pregnant and had my baby at 19 and knowing how much it means when you hear someone say "Congratulations on your pregnancy" or "what a beautiful baby", never again will I offer anything other than congratulatory words to someone having a child.

I still get looked at like I am a drain on society. One of the many welfare cases out there. But I know that I have accepted the challenge that being a mother is, and I am going to prove to everyone that I can do it, and do it well.

I think it is up to all young mothers to make the most of their opportunity to have a baby and succeed at life. I'm still going to university and haven't had to extend my degree as I have studied right through. I'm still going to do everything I have ever wanted, I've just got someone to share it all with me.

Good on you for continuing your school work. I hope you do really well, you'll have someone, despite all the people who look down on young mothers, that will be proud of you no matter what!

Date Posted: 06 August 2005 at 2:46pm
yeah if any thing i think that the young mothers are better.because of my age i get no money at all for my little 1.im lucky my mums helping out and we made a deal that when im old enough i will give her $100 a week 2 pay her back.its really hard 4 me.his father wants a dna test and is being a c**t about it.most young mothers find it harder but we all cope.i love my son very much and im learning not to care wat people say and think because im not the only young mum out there and their are mums a lot younger then i am!!!thanks 4 helping me see that im not alone and that every ones always gonna judge me because of my age!

Date Posted: 06 August 2005 at 10:20pm
hey Tami. everyone will jusge regardless of age!!! bu the funny thing is when you think that everyone is watching you and you feel uncomfortable, remember that they are probably thinking "evryone is looking at my huge butt/ huge zit/ wonky boobs..etc" most people are too wrapped up in themselves to think about others....myself included!

Date Posted: 07 August 2005 at 3:54pm
that really sucks that you can't get help from the government. it's going to be 4 years until you are eligible for the dpb right?

does khayle's father qualify for legal aid? if he wants a dna test then if he doesn't qualify he's going to have to come up with a lot of money!

Date Posted: 08 August 2005 at 5:30pm
yeah i no.na dont think he does hes working and 16 so yeah.i tiold him he can have it done...hes paying...all me and my mum r paying is the $50 for legal aid!.he really doesnt no wat hes missing out on so its his fault!!!!

-------------
http://www.babysfirstsite.com">

Posted By: mum2paris
Date Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:22pm
Tami you sound like you have really stepped up and are a good mum. I like to believe that no matter what age you are everyone has the potential to be a great mum, it's up to them whether or not they turn out that way. My sis was 15 when she got preg and 16 when she had her little boy. She hasn't changed, she still parties, drinks smokes and does all manner of other things, my mum has guardianship of my nephew who's now 6 and a half months, and my sister still lives with mum and yet hardly even speaks to her son at all, doesn't pick him up when he cries, and does nothing for him at all.

But you, sound like you are doing well and have a good head on your shoulders, keep up the great work, it's hard being a mum and even harder with society looking down on you. The best way to show them they are wrong is to carry on with what you are doing. Everyone thought it was the end of my life when i got pregnant at the end of my 1st year of nursing. well, i have 1 year left to go, i have had 2 children while i have been studying and yet still i am carrying on. i will finish 6 months short of my 5 year limit, all my classmates i began with have graduated, but once i graduate i will already have a family, as well as a career - some people will never be that lucky. don't let what others think get to you... when you see someone looking at you badly hold your head high and smile at them.

-------------
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Date Posted: 09 August 2005 at 7:06am
Tami, just remember there are a lot of people who are at the so called "acceptable age" of having children that abuse or neglect them. My sister was 18 and had a beautufil daughter who slpet through the night from birth and always did as she was told (unusual I know) and she decided when her daughter was two that she wanted her old life back, so she just handed her to mum and said bye. Age doesn't automatcally give you the skills for being aa better parent only time ,love and effort will give you that.

Janine you should be so proud of yourself. Raising a child is hard work, to work through nursing at the same time (My sister doesn't have a child and she stuggled and eventually quit this course it was so hard) shows how dedicated you are. I'm betting you are going to make a great nurse.

What childless people don't realise is yes having a child is the end of your life. But only apects of your old life. it's also the start of a better more enriching life where you get the uncondtional love of a person that you created. What could beat that.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Posted By: bub
Date Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:48pm
hey tami

im a young mum my daughter is now 13 months old i had her wen i was 17 which i thort was young but from the moment i found out i was pregnant there was no way i could have got rid of her at all im gald i kept her and i still am till this day i love her more than anything. and good on i bet your son is jsut beautiful its good to talk to young mums cause i dont really no many. by the way cool name.

Rachel and Brianna

-------------
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: Maya
Date Posted: 11 August 2005 at 3:05pm
Nikki, you are so right - the only people who told me 'congratulations' when I fell pregnant with Maya were my grandparents - they were the only ones who didn't seem to think that having her would ruin my life.
I was 21 when I got pregnant with Maya, which is young but not that young, and I was half way thru uni, with a career planned, and instead I ended up a single Mum, struggling to get thru uni on a benefit.
Maya is now 2 1/2, her dad and I are getting married next year, and I am working as a writer just as I planned before I got pregnant. People did look down on me when I was pregnant, but that just gave me more determination to succeed at what I wanted to do.
And I don't for a moment regret having her. Vick is right, it is the end of your life, but only your old life, having a baby is the start of a whole new life, and being Mum to Maya is greater than any plans I could ever have made.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Posted By: mumstheword
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:57am
Being a young mum is so hard, i was 18 when I got preg... People automaticlly pressume young mum bad mum, when I went in2 unexpected labour with Caleb @ 26weeks 1st thing they did waa drug and alchol testme, I felt terrible, He spent time in the neo nates where a met a 15yr old mum, she seemed really un aware as to wat having a child meant, I later found out her child was early due to doing drugs, and when they took her home after 3mnths she was back in 2mnths with nearly every bone in her body broken, she had continued to drink an party and do drugs while breastfeeding and taking the baby to partys where she was dropped and abused, by her, her friends and her partner, they left baby at home alone and where just terrible,they crushed voltaren and gave it to her to stop her crying.. when it made the papers the headline started along the line of teen parents to young to cope... stereo typing that all teen young mums wont cope, it makes me mad.. Congratulations on stepping up and doing whats right for your son, youll will have time to get out and have a life eventually but im glad you are doing whats best for your son now, and wow its great your still in school

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:16am
thats terrible Judith!!!   but you know what, my brother-in-laws' sister-in-law (geddit??) is drug addled! She had a drug dependant baby...well she had two, until she decided to kill herself one day and threw her baby off a bridge. It died and baby two was given to my brother-in-law and his partner. Baby 2 is now NOT okay and has a lot of emotional and psychiatric problems.....now She was in her 30s!! So goes to show that teenage parents and child abuse are not linked at all!

Posted By: angel
Date Posted: 14 August 2005 at 6:01pm
14 is very young to have a baby - I know I wouldnt have been ready for a baby when I was 14. Maturity plays a very big part in it all and you sound very mature and responsible Tami. Good on you

I was 19 when I got pregnant and 20 when my daughter was born, but in a completely different situation - my husband I and got married before I turned 19.

-------------
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:35am
OMG that is terrible... its a mazing what some people do... Ive just had a friend comit suicide, no drugs... her lil one was only 6mnths old... I just dont see how it could ever be that bad, god we all have bad days and you think you cant go on, but when you look into your childrens eyes, how could you ever leave them without you????? Or leave your family wondering WHY?? I feel terrible for my friend that nobody actually realised it was THAT BAD!!!! life is a funny thing and sometimes it will test you and take you to the limits, I dont agree with suicide.. I think it takes a strong person to do it but a selfish person to leave that kind od mess behind themm...
Sorry im way off the topic

-------------

Posted By: Xander&Harmony
Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:54pm
i completely agree with u Judith!!!!

-------------
BECS
http://www.sparklee.com">
Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)

Posted By: lou
Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 8:07pm
Unless you have been there, you really can judge  - To be so low you think about Suicide is a very horrible place to be, to be so out of control.  Suicide is a selfish thing to do, but to be in that place, is just hell, its so scary, when you just can't take any more...

-------------
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:48pm

yeah I was boarding with a family freind who was seeing a guy whod had issues etc and he commited suicide because  their relationship didnt work out and he had a meltdown.We all believe to this day that he was just trying to use it as a scare tactic but obviosly it went further than he planned.It gave me the heebie geebies when we found out he had died cos i was sittin in the lounge with him while he was writing the letter.he asked me how to spell sympathy....... little did I no.

This was about 2 1/2-3 yrs ago now.U do have to be in a low dark place to commit suicidel.its soooo sad to think people can get that unhappy.

I agrreed with Judith on that particular incident about the mother.so sad for the baby.

thats the thing with suicidal people tho is that they dont talk to people so NO ONE knows they are that bad untill its too late.

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:50pm
the relationship wasnt the sole reason,he just made her feel it was i thinki?he had a drug problem too and was getting rehab/detox.

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 15 August 2005 at 11:37pm
Awww that's horrible about your brother-in-law's sister-in-law! (did i get that right?)

I can't say I've ever been depressed (apart from the usual teenage stuff... my life sucks... my parents suck...) but I can't imagine ever leaving Hannah like that. Let alone taking her with me.

It creeps me out. Yucky. Getting shivers.

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:20am
I have clinical depression, and there have been times when I have been that low, and seriously considered it (I trust you ladies, please don't judge me!). For me depression was like a huge black cloud that sat over my face and I literally felt like I was suffocating.

Having Maya tho completely changed my outlook. I have had depressive episodes since I had her, but I have never once thought of harming myself because she is too precious and I don't want her to be left behind to pick up the pieces. And the depression hasn't been as severe since I had her, she gives me a purpose, and a distraction so I can't sit around dwelling on it.

Reality for me is that I will probably be on and off meds for the depression for the rest of my life, but the older I get the more skills and strategies I learn to better cope with it, and I have learnt to ask for help as soon as I feel it coming on, and I understand that this is a chemical imbalance in my brain and that lots of other people have it too.

I didn't have that understanding when I was 18, I felt completely alone, and I think a lot of people in similar situations feel that no one understands and they don't know how to ask for help.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:55am
No one has the right to judge you Emma. I have never felt suicidel, and can't pretend to understand feeling that low, However I have suffered from mild depression and have been diagnosed with generalized Anxiety disorder, so I know the feeling of being judged and alone. I have also done the medication thing and had to accept the chemical imbalance. I have also had to fight many dark days due to anxiety not depression, and believe me constant worry can be very tiring, sometimes it would be nice to turn my brain off for a few hours. You sound like you have worked through the worst part though and have fought hard for a normal and happy life. The most important thing to remember is that your aren't alone I was amazed how many people suffer from depression and anxiety disorders, there are a lot of us out there. It's amazing how for some children can bring such strength, keep fighting!

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:59am
Thanks Vick!I also have an anxiety disorder which is attached to/related to the depression, so I understand what you are saying about constant worry. Oh what I wouldn't give to be 'normal' (although my creativity as a writer stems from my depression, so life might not be nearly as interesting if I was 'normal'!)

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:05am
Normal is overrated

I can't imagine what it would be like having depression or an anxiety disorder, I'm so impressed that you guys manage to do it all - the kids, the husband, the work etc and remain balanced and wise!

Sometimes there are days that I can't cope with Hannah and she's all I have to deal with

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:08am
Believe me, if Maya could fit back where she came from there are days I gladly would put her back!

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:13am
LOL ditto Emma!

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Posted By: kbushnz
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:40am

I also suffer from mild depression and generalized anxiety disorder and I've only just learnt to ask for help, I've just come from my midwife who says it is not uncommon at all - and as long as you are asking for help and seeking the right advise you are doing well.  I know exactly how you feel about suicide i have also thought about it - but then all i need to do is think about briana and how she is the light in my life - i could not possibly leave her.

-------------
http://www.baby-gaga.com/">
http://www.tickercentral.com">

Posted By: Teenmummy
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 1:34pm

Hey tami,kewl that you joined and found this website,its great i love.
I thought i would put my 2cents in too seeing im a young mum,of those who dont know me cause ive been around here for awhile i turn 20 this year in october and i have two children.

One is marshall who is two and loves gonig to home based childcare and my newest addition is koby and he is 6weeks old and donig great,i also go to the skewl tami goes to and koby goes into the childcare they have at skewl for only 3days week.

I love being a young mum and doing all the jobs it involves in looking after my children, i live in my own home with my partner and i love being by ourselves cause it gives us more confidence and ability to manage on our own with of course help from family members.

Hope everyone has a good day today and good luck for the future.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:02pm
Well it sounds like there are somany great mums out there, I have never suffered depression or anxiety, and since this place you an talk openly without being judged, I used to be drug and alchol dependent.. before I was preg with Caleb... I was clean before I feel pregnant, I was in a slum and relied on the drugs and alchol to keep me happy, or so I thought, My bf at the time was abusive very physical and emotional, he was an addict to, and Iwould do it to get away and I O/D on several occasions becauseI felt trapped with him and it was the only way I could get out but at th etime I didnt think I wa suscidal just wanting to esape him.. I finally got dragged out ot the situation by a good friend , I went cold turkey off drugs and alchol on his farm in Te Awamutu I spent 3mnths of being sick from withdrawels, and wanted to be dead then, but I was clear headed and didnt want to leave the heartache for my friends and family.... Im happy to say I have never touched drugs since that day 5and a bit years ago and when I do drink I feel sick if I over do it and limit myself t only a couple, but class myself as a non drinker, 3 times a year dosnt count, I thank my friend for basically kidnapping me and turning my life around.. i dnt tell my new friends about my past life as i dnt want to be labeled or judged... and I dont assosiate with any people from bak in the day apart from a few that wernt involved in that scene. Caleb has made me realis ehow strong i am and I would never jepordise his life or safety.. He is my reason to be and stay sober...

-------------

Posted By: newmum
Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:14pm
Congratulations!!! It takes a strong person to overcome those demons!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 6:33pm
Wow, you sound like a really strong woman! Good on you for overcomming such adversity, and changing your life.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 9:25pm
Well done!
And look what you've got to show for it - Caleb sounds like the light of your life as well as your partner

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:40am
Well done!!! Hey, just a question and ignore me if you want. I know some "green" forms of drugs are easy to get hold of, but in the smaller places, can you get "harder" stuff? Someone was asking me the other day and I remember when i was in high school the HUGE news was some girl, who said she's done acid once....I grew up in taumarunui, maybe we were a little sheltered.

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 8:22am
It dosnt matter where you are you can get it, there is always somebody somewhere, there are as far as i know nowhere in new zealand where you cant get hold of something, I used to know a meth dealer in taumaranui, When I was in that part of my life pot and acid were the mild drugs that everybody seemed to take... I was more into prescription drugs, morphine, valeum, footys and sleeping tablets.. Because you could never remember anything.. I did a lot of anything bak in those days, but mainly pills and vodka... Tanks to everybodys support.. It hasnt been a hard habit to kik, Caleb and My partner are the legs that hold my table up. I dont see how people that have kids can put drugs or alchol god even gambling before their kids?? I ould never imagine getting "wasted" around caleb or even knowing that I have him and I honestly cant understand how people do it, my ex friend from my bad days has 2 kids and is a P addit, her kids go without so she can get high.. her last child was born drug addicted.. and her so calld partner sells there syuff to get drugs, they constantly have there house raided her mother now has custody of her kids and she just dosnt care.. her ffriends leave needles lying around her house or should i say hovel. and her youngest daughter got jabbed with 1 luckily with no bad side effects. I feel bad for her but "I was the one that rung cypfs on her and she knows i did, she did a short time in jail recently and came out to find she had lost everything.. her so called partner had burnt the house down from producing P.. and had moved in with another girl.. she has nothing, no life no kids and no posestions.. What a life, how could it be so hard to say NO for your kids????????? it breaks my heart..

-------------

Posted By: Roksana
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 9:34am
Judith, I always thought you were a strong woman for going thru what you are with your pregnancy(S). And thought you were a great person for trying to bring children into this world to give them love and protection...I must admit my respect for you has sky rocketed after you described your past life and how you have changed for your boy (and baby to come)....

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 11:29am
I agree. It's really easy to make mistakes in life, but it's much harder to admit you stuffed up and then change. You sound like a person who has accepted her past and worked incredibly hard to make changes and adjust her life.I really wish you happiness and health for the future, with your beautiful son and new baby to be.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 11:39am
lizzle... P available pretty much anywhere you want.
Still smaller towns are a bit more sheltered, but if you are determined enough it is available.
Coke and herion still not the easiest to get hold of unless you are in the city.
Drugs are getting so accessible in NZ Scary times.

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:51pm
Emma, i know where you are coming from completely. and going back to the topic of not getting help... when you get that low, you are scared to tell people in case they think you are crazy. for someone with a baby, to get that low.... all you can think about is "if i tell them, they'll take my baby, if i say anything to my partner, they''l leave me and take the kids with them"... so although it doesn't justify it, at the time, the way you feel, you just think, there has to be an easier way out than to tell someone and do things the hard way and risk losing you kid(s) who mean the world to you.   I have to also admit that after having PND with paris, there were times when i did not physically know how to smile, i had days where it felt like there were no emotions, just nothing, numbness. it felt like you were looking through a window that had black haze around the edges.. it was terrible. i was lucky, i had sisters who had been through the same thing, and so i didn't have to ask for help... i just got it. thank god for them.... and for mike too.

and yep... emma, some days you do feel like putting them back where they came from but i think most mums have days like that, i am having one today, both girls are sick, have conjunctivits, i have to wrestle with them to put ointment in their eyes every 2 hours, ayja won't feed, i have had to mis a test today and will probably miss all my classes tomorrow cos they can't go to daycare, and paris has decided that every toy she owns deserves to be thrown, kicked or biffed, and also that instead of asking for things she'll whinge, roll on the floor and cry, and instead of asking for help with things, she'll just hiff them across the room.    

To top it all off, have just found out that my nephew Bailey has a genetic heart condition, usually only found in old people, and despite best efforts, there is nothing more they can do for him, he is coming home from starship today, to my mums house, (not allowed back in palmy hospital, immune system too low to risk catching something from there) and it is basically now a waiting game for him to give up. I'm worried for my mum, who loves him so much, worried for my sister, who still doesn't even get the gravity of him going into hospital.. how on earth will she cope with being told her baby will die? (mum has not told her yet cos doesn't want to do it over the phone).

I think Paris has picked up that i'm a bit stressed and sad.. hence the crazy behaviour... but seriously today i just want to crawl back into bed and stay there.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 2:09pm
Oh Janine...so sorry to hear about Bailey. Cant they do a transplant? (I guess they would have to have a donor for that)....Oh how awful!!!

I am so sorry for you and for your family.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 2:19pm
Janine my heart goes out to you and your family. As if you weren't having a hard enough day already.

Poor little Bailey, What a horrible wait you and youre family have, words just don't say it do they. It's enough to make you want to cry. Sending lots and lots of hugs and prayers your way.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Posted By: janna
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 5:04pm
Hey to all of you.
Im a young mum to be (18) my little man is due on the 2nd of october 2005.
I know how all of the young mums feel.
Even though im in a stable relationship, engaged to be married in Feb 2006, i still recieve the dirtest of looks.
My partner is 23 and we are both ready and are financially stable to have kids.
Even though it wasn't planned i find it as a blessing.
All my family are supportive besides my over religous grandparents.
I get the constant comment 'baby's having baby's'
Its horrible.
To all the young mums out there be strong only you know if you are able to cope!!!

Posted By: Alan Mum
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 5:16pm
Hey Janine My heart goes out to you and you Mum at this very hard time. I am not too sure what else to say. Only Just remember that you need to take care of you too. Don't over do it. Make sure you take time out for you.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 11:20pm
OOOOh, janine. I'm crying right now! that is so sad. Poor little man..and poor family dealing with that. I don't know what to say, but we are thinking of you and your family.

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 8:39am
Oh I'm sorry Janine.
Poor Bailey. I really feel for your family and all the crap they have gone through lately.
Thinking of you guys.

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 3:50pm
Janine, I am soooo sorry to hear about Bailey, I guess there aren't really any words for it, but we are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. On the conjunctivitis tho, Maya had it a few weeks ago and it was a fight to get her to take the drops, till my sister lay her across her knee and asked her to 'count the teddybears'. Maya got really into it and started counting imaginary teddybears, and before she knew it her eyes were done. Won't work on Ayja obviously, but might be worth a go with Paris.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:21pm
Oh Janine, My heart goes out to you, I was friends with a girl in the neo nats when I had Caleb, Her baby was born with a heart condition, im not sure what, but it was incurable, they sent her home with her baby to let it die, it was so sad, they said she may have another month if that of life left in her. I cried and cried, Today nearly 5 years down the track she is still her, she has spent her life in and out of hospital but generally is healthy, she broke all the odds and survived, they still dnt know how, she is now on a medication that is helping her but is only a trial.. So im sending positive love and thoughts to your family..
Because you never know, They told me caleb would die and hes still here.....

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:39pm
yep, they have said that the meds he is on will keep him stable for anywhere from a month to a year...but his heart has alot of damage to it. but mum did meet someone up in starship that had been sent home with her baby to die... and that was 14 years ago and he's still here. who knopws... have not been able to go see them yet cos girls are sick and i'm a bit sniffly too.

lol Emma, we have tried everything with paris... the first day she was great then it has just gotten worse.. she says "no mummy, scared, .... no mummy no put it" it's terrible. plus, be being the silly lady i am, thought we would try the ointment instead of the drops.... next time i'll go for the drops, at least if they close their eyes it still leaks into them, the ointment doesn't at all!

Ayja is great, she has no idea, i just get paris to sit next to her and she stares at paris and it's done in a second.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:01pm
han has conjunctivitis as well at the moment.
i've got the viscuous drops. she hates it but it is over pretty fast and she doesn't seem to mind the drops, just the fact that i have to pry her eyes open

got an ear infection too, but luckily she loves the sickly sweet antibiotics!

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:46pm
yeah i spose that's the thing we are lucky with too. paris has never had fights with us over taking medicine.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:25pm
Maya plays on it - she comes up to me and says "Mama, I feel a little bit sickies", and when I say 'where' she says "just sickies Mama, need the orange medicine" (Panadol). She would gladly drink Panadol given the chance, but antibiotics are a different story, she fights over those. Usually she is having Panadol alongside the antibiotics tho, so I bribe her that she can have the 'orange' one if she drinks the 'white' one first lol.

Janine, how is your sister coping? This must be so hard for her, and for all of you.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 9:24pm
mum told her the other night, she cried a little then changed the subject. part of me wants to think it's her way of coping but a little of me knows that this is what she does anyway...

mum wasn't going to tell her, but we told her she had to. i mean she has a right to know, not to mention how terrible it would be for her to find him if she went in to get him up one morning and he had passed in his sleep or something. i dunno yet what she's like really, only going by what i've been told... haven't been able to get round to see them

paris does the same thing as Maya, she even has to bump her leg on something and she's like "sore mummy, need pamol" hhhhm an addict in the making??

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 9:26pm
xander and nurofen lol

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 20 August 2005 at 10:05am
ha Caleb has been on medicine fsince he was a baby somedays havnt to take 9 diff kinds, he know knows how many mls of pamol he needs if hes sick, he says ohh mummy my ear sore and i have a semptember(temp) he self diagnoses can i have my medamines(meds) make sure you give me 8miles (mls) freak aye.. hehe i think its cute

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2005 at 4:37pm
Oh man, that makes me feel sick. I can't imagine what it would be like to hear that my baby had such a serious illness.

Date Posted: 21 August 2005 at 2:07pm
LOL Judith, now Maya tries to trick me into giving her toys medicine! "Mama, Fuzzy feels a little bit sickies, she needs some orange one".

Janine, I really feel for your sister, she is so young to be going thru all of this she probably doesn't even fully understand what is going on. We are thinking of you guys.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:41pm
funny what they pick up aye! paris breastfeeds her babies, she has them lying perfectly sideways, facing her, then stops, puts them over her should "bring up burps wind" then gives them "other side too." funny cos when i feed ayja now she'll go "other side too mum?" and she also will go and put her dollies in time out and repeat exactly what we have said... "sit there, till you be nice to sister!" or "sit there, not allowed to hit!" it cracks us up. the other day she picked up her doll's bottles after pretending to feed her doll, held them side by side and goes "wholly crap dolly drunk 200 mls!!" was sooo funny!

Thanks emma, yeah she isnt' really too up on it. sad thing is, and i'm pretty sure it's ok to let this slip now.. i've had to keep it secret even from mike for far too long, but she's about 10 weeks pregnant again, she had been going to go down to wellington (hence the secrecy)but has decided to keep it.. we are just hoping maybe the heart condition came from bailey's dad.. otherwise theres a decent chance this one will have the same. She doesn't really get that idea either.argh. enough already.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 2:41pm

oh noooooooo,how does ur mum feel bout that??????

-------------
BECS

Posted By: aimeejoy
Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 2:55pm
Oh Janine, I really dont know what to say, but htinking of you and your family

How old is your sis?

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Posted By: AlyAyde
Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 3:12pm
oh man thats terrible. Gosh you must have a very fertile family.... Your poor family has a lot to deal with at the moment. Thinking of you all.

-------------

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com

Posted By: Southlandmummy
Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 3:36pm
Janine - Sorry to hear about your nephew..

Sorry I dont want to offend, But how can you keep a secret like that from Mike for so long?

-------------
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004

Posted By: Carmel
Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 4:19pm
My thoughts are with you and your family Janine, I cannot imagine what you and your family are having to deal with at the moment

Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:14pm
Becks...mum has told her she is on her own, there's no way she is helping her and having the same thing happen.. and has asked her to move out.   

Thanks for all the support ladies.. especially concerning bailey, he is the one our family is worried for. my little sis will just have to learn her own way cos everyone is past being sorry for her.argh. I'm just angry. I pretty much already just forget about it.. cannot be bothered sounds really mean, selfish and self-centered but no way, i have my own family, not gonna let it worry me cos there's no way i can change the outcome.

Cindy... I found it REALLY hard cos me and mike keep no secrets, however, i know he is very opinionated and especially so concerning my family, very quick to judge, and say the wrong thing (well, it's what everyone's thinking but no-one dares to say ) so i did what mum asked and didn't say a thing... and what does little sis do... go and blab it proudly to some guy that she went to primary school.. whose dad is good mates with mike.. and he comes home and asks me.

yep, family is far too ferile maria, lol. mum has 6 kids, each of us apart from my brother now have 2 kids, one of my sister's has 5. problem with little sis is she is not allowed to take pill depo etc cos of blood problems, and she's highly allergic to latex... bit of a bad combination really.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:44pm
Oh ,I was wondering about the injection, but figured you must have already worked stuff out. I think you are being really sensible in term,s of your sis though. I mean, it's pretty hard to let her make her own mistakes but if you constantly pick up afer her she'll never stand on her own two feet. I know what you mean about hubbies being judgemental `Lewis is poretty quick to judge too, although ALL families are far from perfect..anyway, hope you are coping okay and not letting it get you down too much. good luck with staying sane!!

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 3:45pm
Janine, I have to agree with you about hubby's being quick to judge your family...and my hubby does allot of that too.....but he never stops to think about his own (screwed) family. I hate that!!!1

Any way.....you are right! You have your own family to worry about tho it is not so easy to just stop caring...particularly about your siblings. I just hope that all falls into place for you and your family.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:28pm
with the contraception issue all of us have probs to some degree. they did agree to try her on the pill even though she had previously been told it was against all medical advice..simply on the grounds that she could stop taking it if problems arose, whereas the depo injection would be in her system for 3 months and any adverse effects would be hard to control for that long. but well, she took it once..and forgot after that, hence the pregnancy.. we have tried to get through to her that you can buy non-latex condoms.

funny how all of us think the same about our hubbies... I actually find it very funny that mike is so concerned with my family's going's ons when i myself pretty much try to forget about it... alot of it is just too much drama to worry about or just embarrasing.   sometimes i wonder whether hubbys are more worried about this type of thing cos they know it affects us... which affects them... but as roksana said... they never really stop to think how THEIR family might affect us too.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:40pm
here here!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:41pm
ahhh...just realized I have 9 weeks 6 days to go.......no more two digit weeks.....

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:37pm
How exciting Roksana

Janine - My heart goes out to you and your family

-------------

Posted By: paigesmum
Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:05pm
Janine I am so sorry to hear about Bailey! Sending my love!!
Just looking at your ticker Ayja is little cutie!!
Karen.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:56pm
hey wow, just looking at your tickers.... Paige has changed aheap since her baby of the month pic!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:56am
Janine my hubby just loves to judge to. And there have been times when it has been better for everyone to change the truth a little bit. I have a very dysfuntional family so he has lots of ammo and is quick to voice his opinions good or bad. I simply remind him that I was born into my family and had no choice. He however chose to marry into my family knowing what they were like. Therefore has no one to blame but himself, he is slowly learning to keep his mouth shut.

Thinking of Bailey still makes me sad I really feel for your family. Godd on your mum I'm sure it was hard but like you she has to think of herself and do what's best for her just like you have to do what's best for your family.

-------------
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:10am
Ahhhh Vicky I like that....I am going to tell my hubby that next time he opens his mouth.....He he ha ha ....I learn some thing every day!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:40pm
I know Janine, I don't really notice untill I look back at photos! They grow up way to fast! She is 4 in November, scary!!
Karen.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:08pm
Karen...so that means your ticker is wrong?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:26pm
yeap!!!lol

-------------

Date Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:44pm
Thanks Roskana!
Karen.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 August 2005 at 9:03am
No probs.....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:48pm
Janine, what a mess! I agree with everyone else tho, your Mum is doing the best thing for your sister by making her stand up and take responsibility for bub #2. I'm sure you guys will all be there for her no matter what, but being on her own might give her a chance to grow up (or force her to). I moved out of home at 15 and I grew up pretty smartly being on my own! I did move back later on for a few months, but part of the reason I am so independent now is because I had to learn those skills young.
Good luck with everything!

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:54pm
ha ha, rightnow, as far as i know, she is still at home. mum said something about the Bethany centre? but really don't think that will happen either.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 6:59pm
ok well....ive learnt 2 deal wit it...every1 sum 1 says something out me having a baby...i jus turn round and ask if they hav been in my shoes and walk away lol but as soon as i found out i was preggy i jus knew i couldnt kill a baby ley alone a heathly 1...my babys now 2 months...fully breastfed puting on half a pound a week(at least) and we r both doin great...i mite b young but im a good mum 2 khayle

-------------

Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:19pm
Age doesn't make you a good parent or a bad parent. It's what's in your heart. I have friends who are in their 30's and make questionable choices (like giving their kids soft drink grrrrr pet hate!) and other friends who are barely 20 and yet are great parents.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 03 September 2005 at 2:23pm
lol i know what you mean about the questionable choices... one of my older sisters is a prime example... her boy has had bowel probs etc, so she started giving him stuff to try and make him go. he has ribena straight, blackcurrant juice, etc... hardly ever see him with water. it's not doing anything for his problem, he has BAD teeth, and i said to her the other day, what does she do when she runs out of juice if he doesn't drink water... she told me if the supermarket's closed she goes to the corner shop and get him those E2 drinks. my god i nearly hit the ceiling, but hey, kept opinion to myself. and she's mid-30's.   here me and mike are, 23, 2 kids, and paris has the choice of water, or milk. every once in a while she gets orange juice, watered down, (50 mls juice, 100 - 150 mls water) or as a treat when we have mcd's she might get a bit of one of our milkshakes if she's really lucky.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2005 at 5:38pm
I have a problem with my doctor offering Lollies after the kids have injections etc. She has now come around and offers ballons or stickers. Great! Alyssa doesnt even know what lollies are, and says water is yummy! She does love milkshakes and i dont mind her having the odd one but thats it. But if we go to a birthday party she can pig out on as much junk food as she likes (party food for party occasions i say). Although at this stage she doesnt really have much of the sweet stuff. I guess becuase she doesnt really get it at home.

Argh then people complain about the dental therapist when their child has to get fillings and injections and cry. We used to have people turn up to the dental clinic with their children drinking coke. Having lollypops and all sorts of other stuff. I was very mean and told them to either bin it or go outside to finsh as this was what was causing their childs problems.

-------------

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Date Posted: 03 September 2005 at 7:37pm
I love that McD's in NZ has a choice of water with the Happy Meal. They don't have that in Oz, you have to pay extra for the 'privelege' of giving your kid water!
Maya has water or rice milk and that's it, although since we have been away she has had some of those cartons of Watties Baby Juice coz they are easy to chuck in the bag when we go out, and they are pre-watered down so kinder to her teeth.

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 03 September 2005 at 9:47pm
yeah i think thats great. Also that you can get fruit instead of chips.

-------------

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Date Posted: 03 September 2005 at 10:11pm
I think that is a big problem with the japanese kids, too much soft drink and juice. But my pet hate is high heels. the FOUR YEAR OLD in my kids class has high heels. Not just one or two pairs either.

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 10:16am
what!!? that is weird!

-------------

Posted By: Angelme
Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 10:36am
lol Hmm I too am a mum where sweets are kept to the absolute minimum. My mother used to scorn me because my kids milo did not have sugar in it, and they had water or watered down juice as a treat. Lollies what were those.

Even to this day my two olders ones now ages 18 and 16 barely have any fillings etc.

My younger ones have reflux, and it is because of this they do have lemon and barley juice, watered down, as it is much kinder on their stomachs than water is.

We are a society driven by sugar. These snack size chips, muesli bars, roll ups. Sadly my children are different than the other kids at school, they get a couple of biscuits, raisins, carrot sticks, or a piece of fruit in the lunch box for play time.

-------------
Cheers Angel
NZ Single Parents
http://www.nzsingleparents.com - www.nzsingleparents.com

Posted By: aimeejoy
Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 10:58am
Whats up with the high heels Lizzle?! Those kids are going to have screwed up backs and posture wearing them that young (oops thats the physio in me speaking!)

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:11am
I was not allowed high heels untill I was 18 I think!
My two counsins wanna buy hells (since "every one" wears them)...I said not while I am buying the shoes.
Their mum do not allow them heels either so they are stuck with flat shoes! he he ha ha

They argue as too why they cant have heels....well because we are older than you and we know better and because we are paying for them you will wear what we tell you!!! I am going to be a mean mummy!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:33pm
honestly some of the clothes here for little girls, they look like tiny ..."workers". It is not cute. My friend and his wife are having a disagreement at the moment about appropriately wear for their two month old. Leopard print halter top with matching mini-skirt anyone?

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 5:02pm
I must be another 'Mean Mum' coz Maya lives in jeans and t-shirts, not mini skirts and heels, and she gets home-made muffins, fruit, muesli bars and raisins in her lunchbox.

LOL at the fruit bags at McD's tho Maria - Maya is soooo unimpressed with that one! I tried it once and she was like, yeah right Mum, where's my chips?

-------------
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 9:19pm
can just imagine her doing that!

I hate that you can buy little mini skirts and such for babies, it's gross. they grow up fast enough.. Paris got given a couple of skirts for her birthday, but luckily they fit her in the waist now, so are nice and long, and look much better that way.    not that i can talk... i remember rolling my skirt up on the way to school. spose there's only so much you can do...

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2005 at 10:12pm
I know what you mean janine, but wearing a short skirt at 15 or 16 is a bit different to mum putting the one year old in one! Parents tend to dye their kids hair over here too. Also, in case any of you were wondering, the mullet is back!!!

Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 8:27am
aahhhhh the good ol dayss of hoisting my skirt up lmao thosse were the dasys

-------------
BECS

Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:26am
ha ha, perfecting the art of rolling it up, without making the edges of it stick out all funny...   mum was pretty good anyway, i just got her to hem it to however high i wanted it after a while...

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 11:13am
hehehehe, rolling up the school uniform kilt - verrrrrrrrry sexy, lmao

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 4:17pm
yes the telltale buldge of rolled skirt that you could see from the outside of the polo shirt.
ah school.
i cringe when looking back on photos of my tiny skirt. i thought i was soo hot.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net