Print Page | Close Window

eastern/central - mini-mega meetup pics

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Fun Stuff
Forum Name: Mums Meet Up!
Forum Description: Planning a get together with other OHbaby! mums (and dads!) in your area? Post it here!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9892
Printed Date: 03 July 2024 at 6:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: eastern/central - mini-mega meetup pics
Posted By: mum2paris
Subject: eastern/central - mini-mega meetup pics
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 2:20pm
wow that's a mouthful but i didn't know what to call it

Here's some pics I have from the meet-up today, add yours, am sure with the amount of cameras theres gotta be a few different ones.

Ella climbing the steps.. with a little help

Ella thought Paris and her sparkly "bling" top and belt was great...sending Andie off to tnt afterwards

The ice-cream brigade.. in various states of drip'n'mess, lol, guess who bit the bottom outta theirs?

From Left - Ayja, Paris, Hannah and Briona

The same chickies.. pre-ice-cream

And one of the mega-pics.. all the kids did very well to stay still for the pictures.. although looks like a few of the grown ups were mucking about instead...

Ok, so, shoot me if I get it wrong, or the spelling of names wrong.

Back row:
Braedon, Mikaela, Kayla, Briona, Andrew, Becs and Josh, Me (Janine) with Ayja, Paris, Hannah, Bridie and bubs

Middle:
Nicola, Kelly and James, Teresa and Krystiana, Stacey and Daniel, Aimee, bump and Hannah, Ann and Rhyley, Carmel and Piper, Kels and Alize

Front:
Leish and Noah, Andie and Ella, Fay in the highchair and Claire

-------------
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Replies:
Posted By: Andie
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 2:42pm

Wow that was fast, Janine!  I did go straight to T&T, too  and saw Kell there!  I don't got any pics to add... yours are of the same stuff as mine and turned out better! 

I had so much fun... I still can't believe you funky Wellers ladies came all the way to Palmy!  Was awesome to meet you and catch up with the Palmy crew. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 2:54pm
If it wasn't for the fact that mike was with me.. i seriously would have gone back too, there were some neat things i would have loved to get for paris, can never have enough bling... sooo did you use that voucher?

(I must say that the choccy is half gone already too, bad bad bad, no willpower)

-------------

Posted By: nictoddie
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 2:55pm
Go Janine well done you got some good pics!! Was nice to meet you all and my apologies for my bully of a daughter!! She was fast asleep up until a few minutes ago now is having a melt down in her room must go sort her out!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:00pm
I just realised that really there weren't any eastern mums, it was more welly really wasn't it? oh well, the name of the post is wrong, ahh i'm such a blonde! (no offence to blondes, lol obviously I can cover it with all the hairdye in the world but It just doesn't work.,)

-------------

Posted By: busymum
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:01pm
Was super-fun! I don't think Fay has ever seen that many kids And Bridie's bub's name is Jake (Jacob). Oh Leish - for some reason I was expecting to see someone fair in your place funny how things like this can be full of suprises

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:04pm
It was fun, Teresa our girls played so well together, they're like the awesome foursome. Helps they are so close in age but they were so good.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:06pm
Well there was Aimee and AnnC - but Ann wasn't Welly or Palmy or Eastern

-------------

Posted By: kell
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:12pm
What a great time we had!!
Still cant believe someone took Kayla downstairs and said she was lost She went to bed when we got home and asked about the scary lady in the tunnel.....

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:15pm
It was awesome! Daniel is asleep now after his mean mummy woke him up to meet everyone! hehehe

Next time I'll bring along hubbys cam and take some cool pics!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:18pm
Stacey thats great Daniel has gone back down to bed!
James is still struggling.....
Was so cool to meet everyone!

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:31pm
That was seriously weird-freaky Kelly. How did none of us see some person walking outta the playroom with your kid?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:38pm
Scares the poop out me! I cant believe the lady just took her down stairs and said she was lost!
Thats the first time Kayla has gone to play in the playground without me and I thought it would be ok since she couldnt get out and we were just across the room, unbelievable!!

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:56pm

That is so weird.  I'd love to see that lady in a school-yard... she'd be kept pretty busy running allllll the 'lost' little children to the principles office!   Actually I'm glad I saw you in T&T, because I was just about to pick Kayla up there and take her to the police station, see if they could find her mummy .    Ella crashed out in the car on the way home... must've been a good playdate for her too I think. 

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:01pm
ROFL at least I had learnt my lesson by then and didnt take my eyes off her! We got some cute bargains at T&T!
I should make a sign for Kayla "im not lost, my mum has abandoned me"

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Posted By: mummy_becks
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:44pm

I put mine in the photo gallery

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:46pm
I told the McD's lady where she should be that how she got back up there.

-------------
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:50pm
Thanks! Was Kayla upset? I just cant believe someone took her down.

-------------
Kayla Rose is now 4!

Posted By: Bombshell
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:58pm
LOL at Braedon in the back row....how many photos DID you make him sit for!

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 5:20pm
He he... cute!  Looks like Andrew was just as impressed with the whole thing too!

-------------
Andie

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 5:31pm

Oh yes Andrew was most impressed wasn't he. He came home and slept for nearly 3 hours (someone was tired).

She seemed fine, she wasn't quite sure what was happening thou.

-------------

Posted By: AnnC
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

Well there was Aimee and AnnC - but Ann wasn't Welly or Palmy or Eastern

I am from Taranaki/stratford took us about 2 and half hours to get there... but was worth it. Now home and fed and ready to bath Rhyley.

Got photos but will upload later - haven't got time right now.

AND did you plamy ppl notice that us 'long haul' ppl were the last ones to leave. Me and carmel left the welly ppl to it but I did say they were gonna get kicked out at 3pm LOL

Once again great meet up and to put faces to names...

Also that photo - why is my mouth so wide open LOL

-------------
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)

Posted By: lizzle
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:18pm
you people are just rubbing it in that while you sat there having fun, i was teaching a bunch of kids....grum grump grump...everyone looks nice...grump grump

Posted By: nictoddie
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:36pm
LOL at Bombshell, He thought he looked funny too, and they did have to sit through ummmmm how many camera's was it about 6 PMSL !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:45pm
I think all the kids did so well (and the mums) to sit thru all the pics that were being taken.

-------------
Ann

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:53pm
The row of cameras cracks me up every time LOL

Sorry Carmel I forget where you were from

LOL Liz!!

-------------

Posted By: aimeejoy
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:11pm
Ann, I did notice that all the Palmy people left first, but I think thats cos most of them were there at 11.

And your mouth was open cos we were laughing at Rhyley eating Hannahs doll thing!

-------------
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:23pm
I wanted to stay longer but yeah had been there since 11 and my lil guy needed proper sleep which wasn't gonna happen there

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:24pm
I also think mostly the palmy chickies had kids that were all turning feral ready for sleeeeeeep. My girls slept for nearly 2 hours.. I had just decided that maybe i might go for a nap when i put my head on the pillow i hear "me awake mum, me wake up" from Ayja's room, which of course i always know Paris won't be far away from coming down the hallway cos ayja wakes her up by calling out.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:25pm
*snap*.. must have been thinking the same thing at the same time Stacey.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:33pm
Andrew slept for 3 hours once we got home. I had a WW meeting at 1pm thats why I had to leave, otherwise I would of stayed longer.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:39pm
Same here Janine - Briona usually has a sleep at 12, so stretching her to 1pm was about it for her! And I was in 120 parking so had to move the car anyways (had also arrived at 11). Would have been nice to linger but as they say "life goes on".

ETA: Briona and Kryssi were both asleep by the time we got home

-------------

Posted By: Kels
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:58pm

The row of cameras cracks me up every time LOL 

There were quite a few there alright lol

That was nice of your friend Claire to take the pics.

It was great putting names to faces. We stayed till about 4pm I think, then we stopped off in Otaki for a quick coffee and a look in the outlet stores.

-------------
http://lilypie.com">
Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Posted By: Bombshell
Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 9:01pm
ooohhhhhh Otaki PP - fond memories of half of gabriellas wardrobe coming from there.....Leish what did YOU buy????

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 9:11pm
oooh it's been so long since i went through to the outlet stores.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 9:14pm

I was going to do the outlet stores tomorrow but we have decided not to go down nstead say good bye to my parents at home not in public.

How much did you spend there???

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 10:09pm
we left around 3.30. checked out PP (and brought) and Kmart. (hence once again and brought)

Sweet as Palmy mums leaving us to it

Originally posted by aimeejoy aimeejoy wrote:

And your mouth was open cos we were laughing at Rhyley eating Hannahs doll thing!

Aimee thats right - he had a thing for her doll and it was lovely for Hannah to share

And I was in 120 parking so had to move the car anyways (had also arrived at 11).

I parked at the plaza - 2 hours free and i was there for over 4 hours - whoops but no ticket thank god.

Piper and rhyley slept most of the way home.

-------------
Ann

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 10:12pm
The Plaza aren't usually checking parking till xmas time.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 August 2007 at 10:14pm
LOLlucky for me

-------------
Ann

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:41am
And the plaza usually gives a warning first and records the rego and if you do it again then they ticket you *knows from personal experience* lol

Posted By: Carmel
Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:59am
The pics turned out great It was nice to meet everyone and put faces to all the names

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:48am
I have put some more pics in the photo thread with mummy_becks ones - if you wanna go look

-------------
Ann

Posted By: Redbedrock
Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:30am
It was a lovely day. Fay had a great time with Noah and Alize, she likes meeting her new friends too. Had a few surprises of people who are totally different in real life to my perceptions from here. Great to put faces and personalities to friends.

Big big thank you to Keli for organising transport and driving under extreme distraction with one crying baby all the way from PN to Otaki and then another one from Otaki and 2 babies from Paekat to Wellington when Fay felt left out and joined Alize in the protest. And Leish for being a great road trip buddy

I t was a great day to catch up with my friend Caroline who did the photos, I may have recruited her to our secret cult as well

-------------
http://www.babysfirstsite.com">

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:21pm
Cult!!! LOL
Thought you weren't gonna tell her, Claire?!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Redbedrock Redbedrock wrote:

Had a few surprises of people who are totally different in real life to my perceptions from here. Great to put faces and personalities to friends.

so who was the supprises???

-------------
Ann

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:08pm
That would be telling

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 1:09pm

Cult!!! LOL
Thought you weren't gonna tell her, Claire?!

I couldn't think of another reason for being in Palmie on a Tuesday

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:25pm
I forgot, thanks Claire to your friend for taking the pics.

-------------

Posted By: Leish
Date Posted: 15 August 2007 at 10:02pm
How did I completely miss this thread Sheesh - I thought I was checking in here all day yesterday to see if there was anything. What a dork All the photos look great and all the babies/kiddies are super cute!!

I had a great time yesterday!! And Noah did too - when he wasn't banging his head on the chairs. Hope you haven't reported me yet Kels

Have to repeat Claire's huge thanks to Keli for being a complete legend with the driving yesterday. You were such a star and driving with the crying babies and totally keeping your cool was very cool. Hope that Alize and Fay were settled for the trip home.

And I generally am darker IRL than people think I will be Teresa. Don't worry - I don't take offence [:) And I didn't buy anything at the PP outlet in Otaki Bombshell. I was very restrained. But am planning another trip up there in a couple of weekends time with hubby to do a big shop for the next size up for Noah - size 1

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 16 August 2007 at 8:06am
I figured out why my presumption Leish. Cause you and Noah and Christopher have such "white" names! Now I sound racist haha!

-------------

Posted By: Leish
Date Posted: 16 August 2007 at 10:31am
LOL - we do aye. I have Island middle names though as does Christopher. Noah is a whitey all the way though LOL!!

-------------
http://lilypie.com"> http://lilypie.com">

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net