FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTeens leave baby behind at Hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teens leave baby behind at Hospital
    Posted: 20 February 2009 at 2:06pm
Parents leave behind baby

Shocker.
I feel for that poor child

Sponsored Links

flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 3:49pm
I don't to be honest, I feel for the parents who felt they had to hide the child. I think in their situation, they've done a good thing.

That child will be adopted out to a loving family who desperately want children, where it will be nourished and appreciated.

Those parents got themselves out of a situation they didn't know how to cope with, without resorting to all too common child abuse etc.

That child is going to be a wonderful gift for a lucky couple :)

Edited by Flake
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:41pm

I agree with you Flake. 

That baby is very lucky really.  It's very hard for those that want them to adopt a child in NZ, especially compared by how easy it seems for some that don't want them to have them.

There are very few babies up for adoption in NZ and the screening process for prospective parents is vigourous.  It will go to parents that desperately want it and will love it and give it a wonderful life.

ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:44pm
Well said Flake. Much better to adopt the wee thing out than end up potentially being another statistic of abuse (could be wrong).

Very sad that they've felt they have to hide it from their families - they will have a lot to work through with no family support.
ClareB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 8:56pm
I'm glad they took the baby to the hospital as the baby will be adopted out I just hope the parents take care as well and realize that they have done the right thing for their child by admiting they couldn't be the ones to bring the child up, However it is sad to see people having babys who just aren't ready
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:09pm
I totally agree with flake.

Im just glad they didnt hide the birth too. And ended up just leavin the baby wherever. Ive heard some horrible storys like that.

Big ups to them for atleast doing the right thing by leaving the baby with people who can look after the him/her.
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:29pm

I dont have a huge issue with this - at least they were responsible enough to leave it at the hospital.

In Italy they have special drawers in hospital walls (and some convents too I think) that people can leave their baby safely in.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by Flake Flake wrote:

I don't to be honest, I feel for the parents who felt they had to hide the child. I think in their situation, they've done a good thing.

That child will be adopted out to a loving family who desperately want children, where it will be nourished and appreciated.

Those parents got themselves out of a situation they didn't know how to cope with, without resorting to all too common child abuse etc.

That child is going to be a wonderful gift for a lucky couple :)

Totally agree Flake

Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:29am
I feel for the parents too, what sort of state were they in for this to be the only option available to them?
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:44am
not much to say here, except that i agree with Flake too (and everyone that agrees with her )

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:03pm
Can't really add anything extra except they didn't want the baby (or couldn't care for it) and there are so many couples in this world that want a baby more than anything, they have done that couple a favour.

Sad but they were young and silly, I think they did the right thing. Not a big issue for me.

ETA: That the baby I feel for is the one found on the conveyor belt of a garbage/refuse facility recently with it's cord still attached , never even had a chance (can't remember what country that was...)

Edited by NeoshasMummy

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 11:23pm
^^ I think that was in sydney.

Was pretty sad to read
Katep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 5:31pm
I think it's legal to leave babies at hospitals within so many hours of the birth and there will be no questions asked. They obviously did the right thing for them and I assume the baby is safe. So good on them. Let's hope they find a family for the baby and the bith mother is healthy.

Mum to the Gorgeous Leah!
              7 months
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 2:26pm
They did the right thing, but it is still pretty sad. Also the story makes out they just abandoned the baby, without talking to officials first.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 7:22pm
The baby will hopefully have a good life with a loving family & be better off, but it is sad how it all came about.
 Post Reply Post Reply