FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCampbell Live & Booster Seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campbell Live & Booster Seats
    Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:41am
I missed this last night but just found it on the TV3 website. It is about how terrible the New Zealands road safey record is for children over the age of 5. I had pretty much already decided that both my children are staying on booster seats for a long time but I am now certain that they will. It is very sad. Poor lady. .

link

Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:50am

Awful isn't it

Check out this site it has some very good information: http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 9:23am
i forgot all about it last night and am just about to watch it now......just waiting on my brother to leave because i don't want to cry in front of him

my heart goes out to that poor lady....losing so many cherished family members in one hit

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:01am
I remember seeing a picture of the mum in the paper at her children's funeral , there were balloons all around her and she was looking up at the sky as tho she was still unsure as to why she was there, It was heartbreaking .

As for the booster seat thing , well ,I didn't actually know they could just wear a belt by 5, Caitlyn is 6 and a half and still sits in a booster, when I see her without one, it just looks wrong, she may be over the legal age in numbers, but certainly not in appearance, she will stay in a booster seat til I feel she is able to be out of it , regardless of what the law says .
I hate it when my friend turns up with her 6 year old, who is not only not in a booster, but the belt doesnt even fit properly , its too loose.
She doesnt understand why I still have C in a booster ,perhaps if she saw this clip she would .

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 12:04pm

The weird thing was, I always thought the law was to have kids in car seats until they were 12, or based on their height/weight. Did it get changed somewhere along the way.

Maybe its something plunket and GPs need to be telling parents, instead of waiting for a law change.  Laws only work if people follow them.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 1:56pm
It had me in tears That poor lady!

DP is a volunteer fire fighter & has been to several crashes with child fatalities due to poor or no restraints at all!
Needless to say, my boys will be in boosters well into primary (possibly college)
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 2:08pm
I got teased at school because I was still using a booster seat. My mum wanted us in them until we were 12, but she got tired of fighting with us and I think we each stopped using them somewhere between about 8 and 10. It wouldn't have been an issue if we weren't the only kids in school that had to and the other kids would call us babies.
These days I can see my mum's point, but I HATED that booster seat!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 5:20pm
There's no way I would have been happy in a booster seat beyond 8yrs either Before then I at least had a better view though!

I think there has been hopeful talk of making the restraint age up to 12yrs but that has never come into effect.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 7:37pm
It sounds like most of Europe has legislated this change. I just hope NZ gets it done before I have to battle with Amy & Sophie about being big enough to sit in a regular seat (at least another 6 years to go on that I hope )

Post Reply Post Reply