FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddiets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diets
    Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:22pm
wat one are you one? i did sureslim b4 i got married went down to an 8 now i have had 2 kids and cause there way active if im hungry ill just grab a chocolate bar on the go...i walk everywhere but gained loads of weight...i cant afford to go b ack on sureslim as they say i need another tests and its too time consuming anyway especailly with trying to get kids stuff done....i know not every diet works for ever4yone but would like to hear abou them...keep hearing about slim shots???? oh and there is no way im doing jenny craig and weight watchers as i hav e issues with them
Sponsored Links

Kellyfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:31pm
I know you don't like weight watchers, but IMO they really are the best. It's a realistic diet which takes life into account, and it works with food you buy from the supermarket, and really just makes you think about what goes in vs what you put out (excercise wise).
Sureslim seems to be effective while you are on it, but everyone I know who has done it has put the majority of the weight back on. It's not a maintainable diet, and its sooooo expensive!!!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:36pm
I think its pretty basic .. eat less and do more.

A calorie is a calorie after all .. so as long as you are eating less than you expend in energy (be it with exercise or running around after kids), you will lose weight.

Although one tip is to eat little and often .. it helps to rev up your metabolism.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:36pm

The pregnancy one - no brie, alcohol, runny eggs, rare steak - squashed stomach = smaller portions. So far is worked a treat less than 1kg gained in 5 months.

The part of WW that worked for me was attending the regular meetings, I couldn't put things off till later as each week the scales would show how well I'd done.

The only thing that really works of course is to eat plenty of fruit and vege, lean meat, chicken and fish.
Reduce fats, sugars and alcohol and increase the amount of exercise you do.
It can be tough its the only long term solution to premanent weight loss and weight management.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:37pm
it is expensive initially but not when its a lifetime cost...you only need to repay if you have children etc........ so it was one of the cheapest for me and if you do it right no you dont put the weight back on thats why different diets arnt for everyone.........basically (dont think i worded it right) im looking for something quick...i know not wat to puut into my body and i formerly believe that exercise comes first along side diet (healthy eating) but i dont have time to make anything and have tried a old style shake that didnt do squat .....
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

I think its pretty basic .. eat less and do more.

A calorie is a calorie after all .. so as long as you are eating less than you expend in energy (be it with exercise or running around after kids), you will lose weight.

Although one tip is to eat little and often .. it helps to rev up your metabolism.

hahaha thanks yeah i got that ........i run 10k every week and more if a run is on...that not my issue and eating less well hardly eat its what i eat as its the quickets for me....i have health issues some relating to what happened during birth and i have another health issue ......that unfortantly has helped me gain weight
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:44pm
apart from videos is there something you can do at home when its raining? or is there any good ones....i use to be a dancer too so looked good but zumba bores me.......got told there was a new one but cant think of name
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:47pm
There is an extreme fitness one on the market at the moment which looks awesome!

Oh and if your weight gain is medical related and your exercising and eating well .. isnt there some kind of medication to "fix" your underlying problem?

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:50pm
i wish...:) its cancer so nah .......i just reading some of your blog...well done....and just a question if you dont mind....you did that in a gym? would you have been able to do it if you couldnt have gone to gym? why i ask is that i cant afford the gym again and would rather do it at home
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:52pm
oh and no im not eating right and i know im not...sometimes i miss a meal...there is no fatty things in house like lollies etc but a quick feed is bread
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:57pm

One thing WW taught me which helped was keeping a food diary and writing down everything you eat each day, you'd be surprised at what you are eating and you'll get a bigger picture of where to change what you are eating.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:02pm
Yep I could have done it without going to a gym .. although in saying that I have equipment at home, I couldnt have done it without equipment such as dumbells and a bench.

Although I could have lost weight without going to a gym and no equipment, I just wouldnt have been able to get contest ready.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:17pm
We followed the body for life food suggestions and the weight absolutely fell off my DP and mum (shes got a thyroid prob where she gains weight). My DP lost 10kg in just over a week without exercising and while that sounds like alot he ate a portion appropriate meal every 3 hrs so he certainly wasn't starving himself!!!
Good luck with whatever you do
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:46pm
I lost all my pregnancy weight within the first month after giving birth by changing my diet, take away meals once a week-once a fortnight, water only and no fizzy etc, although occasionally have cordial. And I eat better meal portions so about a fist full of meat and the rest is veges. Also snack on things like rice crackers or fruit.
Walking whenever I can... Also living in a 2 storey house helps I reckon because I am always up and down the stairs!

My MIL is using Wii fit and enjoying that...

She tried Zumba but felt really uncoordinated!

good luck!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:43pm
Couldn't agree with LF more. I lost just over 30kg and did it without the gym. Just ate healthier, got rid of junk food in my house and worked out at home. I got a few dvds off trademe for an average price of $15 (some were more some less) and the weight came off. Sadly its going back on with pregnancy.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 6:41pm
The seafood diet....................I 'see food' and I eat it

That's what winter does to me. When summer comes it's all salads and lots of walking.

But at the end of the day it's all about calories in/calories burnt. It's simple science and if you have the motivation it can be easy. At the moment I have zero motivation, so the extra winter insulation (and post preggie weight) is still there.

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 6:47pm
see im different i luv winters cause it gets me more motivated and its when all the running comps are which is good for all the family.... i think more to the point its not wat i eat its how i eat i eat fast cause the kids dont sit still long enough for me to eat slowly im gonna get hubby to get me some vids from a mate ..... i need to loose enuf to do dancing again...its not that i dont have the energy or motivation its just to find something that works for me i think......think i may do the jornal thing too....funny i never wanted to be my mother but i couldnt figure out why she would run marathons and still be a size 14....im lucky i have her genes lol
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:37pm
My MIL is always going on about chewing your food 60 times
MrsH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 8:10pm
My brother did the Caveman Diet.

The diet basically means that you eat like a caveman. No processed foods, no bread etc. LOTS AND LOTS of fresh fruit and veges, nuts all throughout the day (no set times for meals - just when you feel hungry) and then a big 'feast' at the end of the day which is also whole foods with meat like poultry. He lost a sh*t ton of weight and they've made it a lifestyle change.

ETA: sorry, it's about eating like a caveman would so sometimes very little and only what they were able to gather/hunt. So some days they wouldn't have meat cos the hunt didn't go so well etc. Also, one of the (more hardcore) guidelines is "If it can't be eaten raw, it can't be eaten" because cavemen didn't have fire. That's not to say that you can't cook it though.

I've adopted part of it. Instead of breakfast and lunch, all I eat is fruit and nuts and water during the day whenever I feel hungry (plus coffee - gotta have my coffee) and then a meal when I get home.

I was surprised to find that I have enough energy to still go to the gym everyday and do a really hard workout (Crossfit anyone?) plus, people keep saying that I'm fading away but "not in a bad way". So it, plus the gym, must be working. Also, I don't crave any foods, just what I *need* to eat and fuel myself.

It also saves me money, not buying lunch during the day which is always a plus.

Check out Cavemanpower.com. Quite interesting.

Edited by MrsH
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 8:31pm
my mum is a nurse and she swears by the nuts eg an almond a day lowers cholostrol or something like that.any one else got any tips for nuts like that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>