FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat tools do you use to prune agave?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amanda267984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amanda267984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What tools do you use to prune agave?
    Posted: 28 August 2021 at 7:14pm
Looking to get a gift for someone who collects agaves (large landscape ones as well as small ones). He primarily uses a hand sickle right now, thinking about getting him one of those saws that you can attach to a pole, but not sure that would be better. Would be funny to get him a coa de jima but I don't think that is good for delicate work, only for harvesting. What do you use?
Sponsored Links

Colin265650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin265650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2021 at 5:17pm
A hand saw is not the best option. I prefer an electric saw
Donna265649 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna265649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2021 at 5:34pm
My father always uses a power saw for this purpose. It is always speedy and convenient, and you don't need to involve other people to help. Honestly, I don't think there is a big difference in models, no matter which one to use for cutting agave. They are all about the same. But you can always see the miter saw reviews and select the most affordable for you according to the price and requirements. Remember to follow safety precautions because this is really not an easy task.

Edited by Donna265649 - 29 August 2021 at 5:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply