FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyou know what I just realised ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you know what I just realised ?
    Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:57pm
next week , its Guy Fawkes ....yay! that means at least another 3 months afterwards of firecrackers going off at ridiculous hours !

I love the pretty colours etc, ...but would prefer it if they could be kept to one weekend ...instead they seem to last for months ....at least in my area ...

Ah well ! [

Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:59pm
Yup we have the big guy fawkes display for the region here at Manfield.
The trouble with daylight savings is you have to wait ages for it to get dark to set them off.
Don't buy any for ourselves as the cat doesn't like them.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:56pm
I have turned into a total fire works party pooper.
I wish they would stop selling them to the public and just run the big displays.

We will have them going off around us for months as well and it means long nights of a screaming child unfortunatley!

RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:39pm
Guy fawkes day is special because it was the day I watched my best friend give birth to her first child Jackson (cracker jack??) which was incredible

Now 2 years later it's gonna be my turn soon :-)
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Mum2Sam Mum2Sam wrote:

I wish they would stop selling them to the public and just run the big displays.

Totally agree!
I hate Guy Fawkes, there are just too many inconsiderate people who keep letting them off at ridiculous and random times for months afterwards.
Not to mention the irresponsible/completely stupid/sick freaks who blow bits of themselves off, start fires or deliberately injure animals or people.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:00pm
Agreed, we haven't had fireworks at home for years, as we've always had pets, and they of course don't like them.
The big displays are pretty cool.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:05pm
We used to live in a flat overlooking a park... it was lovely to watch all the fireworks at this time of year.

It really is a pity some sick idiots spoil it every year. I love fireworks, but I can understand the pressure to ban them due to the odd bad egg.

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:54pm
Hehe I love it! And don't care about people letting them off all the time cos we do lol

We live near the hills in also across the road from a park so are well used to them going off, in fact we had some last weekend!
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:55pm
There are always people who are stupid with them, its so annoying. There is a big display here in cromwell tonight so hopefully will go see it Will have to lock the cats door shut oh he will be soo happy! not!
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 7:57pm

We will have them going off around us for months as well and it means long nights of a screaming child unfortunatley!

I totally agree

Please,please,please let Ella sleep through them this year

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:07pm
I hate it, our neighbours (we are in auckland so they are basically in our back pockets) have partys all year round and let them off at 2am.... its VERY annoying.

Also dangerous, a few times we and other neighbours have had singed grass where the sparks have fallen. Thank goodness its not too dry here that it starts a fire!!!!!!

Do like to go to the displays though, they are pretty.

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:37pm
Ugh, great!!! We have a Fire Works outlet store in front of us for the next 5 days (we're in an industrial area)... used to be a car yard and the constant tooting and backing into our fence was enough to drive us nuts, but for some reason it's being leased out now and for now it's Fire Works and already 4 have been let off (isn't that illegal??) yippee skip!!
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:44pm
I'm not a big fan of guy fawkes either. It's bad enough they keep me awake during all hours of the night - it will be interesting to see how we get on with a bubba in the house now - will she sleep through it all?

Missed MC July 2011
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:52pm
There were people letting them off earler, but seems to have stopped now (fingers crossed). Ollie has slept through it for the past 2 years, I hope he & Lilia both do this year.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:57pm

Edited by HUNTD
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 9:24pm

Me too, they wake my child and scare my cat.  Bah humbug!  (oops wrong season)

I also hate hearing about the pets who are abused with firecrackers

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 9:32pm
I cant' like it either! DH might buy a small pack for the kids eg: sparklers. I stay inside.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 9:40pm

I love sparklers, but thats it. Its like living in Iraq at our place for about 4 days either side of guys fawkes. We get them flying all over the top of our house from all directions and I spend a week picking the burnt ones up from our garden.

Last year Oli was only a few weeks old, and I remember being terrified of the house burning down or something stupid!! This year I will just be p*ssed if they wake him up!

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 10:13pm
We had the big public display here in Papakura, kicked off around 9pm and Lucas was fussing over bedtime so I took him outside to take a squiz. He didn't seem phased by them at all, infact within the twenty minutes they carried on, we managed to watch half and by the time they were finishing up he was already tucked in my bed fast asleep (and we're talking about the REALLY LOUD BANGY ONES going off whilst he's settling down) ...man my child must be weird ...or deaf?
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:15pm
hehe your boy must sleep thru anything Steph ...

Im scared of sparklers, im always afraid Im going to burn my fingers...and theres only so many times you can write "kelly is hot " before it becomes slightly boring .....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>