FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch Mummies to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 109>
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 12:00pm
I'm a popcorn chicken fan and would eat it till the cows came home if I had my way. In myself i'm really caucious about eating KFC when pregnant as the KFC's in Palmy aren't excatly the best when it comes to their ratings.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 12:59pm
I just haven't mentioned my snack burger addiction to my doctor. I'm just aware that a big danger is food that has been sitting around but if it's piping hot then it's a lot safer... So I'm not so sure that she approves but she also knows that I've indulged in takeaways and the precautions I've taken in making sure that they are hot, hot, hot.

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 1:02pm
microwaving till incredibly hot should kill any problems, and Maddy seems content with mums addiciton
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:05pm
Question on the hot thing - I can heat the food until it's really hot but then it's too hot to eat so I need to wait for it to cool down. Is that how it works for everyone or do you actually eat it piping hot?
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:10pm
gave into pop corn chicken AND chicken strips - they were plenty hot and boy did i need them...then came the gas....hmmmm should have known.....but it was good going down!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:15pm
are you experiencing a huge increase in saliva? I seem to have heaps! Gas is a small problem at the moment and still feel sick
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:53pm
My EDD is 1 March so I will lurk in here a bit. Still really really happy for you Sarah

I have lots more saliva and feel sick all day. I have to remember to eat something every two hours to keep the nausea away but sometimes I forget.   

I am super paranoid and haven't touched KFC or any chicken bought ready cooked - or anything ready cooked. It is getting really hard to find things to eat for lunch. I would normally have soup and toast but soup - ewwwwwww!! Actually by the time I have anything ready to eat, I don't want to eat it anymore!! I have a thing for sandwiches at the moment with lots of salad in them. Do you think a veggie Subway would be ok?

And what causes constipation? I haven't really changed my diet but I have noticed a definate change in my -ahem - "regularity" - sorry if TMI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 6:09pm
I tended to always have problems in that area to a degree, but I think as I am taking elevit all the time now it hasn't helped due to the iron in it which can make you consitipated.

I tend to be going to bakers delight lately, however think I will start taking meals to microwave at work soon.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 10:07pm
Constipation is caused by the hormones "relaxing" all your internal workings and slowing them down. I've found it has passed after the first few weeks.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 6:56am
Thanks Emma!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 8:25am
yeah doctor also warned me to be aware of levels of iron in the tablets - cause altho my iron levels are real low the iron supplements can clog you up - catch 22 really! So he told me loads of red meat and veges...
Vege subway would be ideal....
Sarah -i have had some increase earlier but settled now. Had mega pains in tummy last night after a big meal (actually i pigged out on roast pork!!!)...had to lie on my side for quite a while to get it to subside.
Nausea only waved around 3pm again yest and not really bad....otherwise not feeling sick etc at all....please please please let this be my lot for 9 months!!! Have a g friend due in oct who hasnt had it either...and another who was sick entire 9 months due yest! And i still feel like I have five inside stretching me around big time...anyone else have a lot of that....???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 1:06pm
the cramping feeling and stretch feelings seem to have subsided for me. Still feel sick, and did for pretty much all of yesterday, I keep thinking it isn't morning sickness and I am actually sick. Incredibly tired today so about to have a nap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 5:18pm
mwhahahaha I have further satisfied my shopping addiction, maternity clothes have been purchased! Hubby is happy with the purchase as well, just jeans and a top and a shirt for work will be purchased tomorrow.

Also have just told Dad, I was meant to be going to Hawaii with him next Feb for my cousins wedding (he was paying for half!), so gave him a quick call to check if tickets were booked or purchased as there is no way I will be travelling in Feb next year. Luckily he is off to do it tomorrow, however he obviously wanted to know why I couldn't go anymore.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 7:44pm
Leish....I was told no to vege subway because the food has been sitting around so even though it's salad it's still a listeria risk....boooooooooooooo

It can be really hard coming up with food ideas....I tend to really rely on frozen meals either store bought or made myself at home....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 7:37am
well today I am going to have boring toast for lunch, is all I really feel like anyway!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:07pm
Hi guys, thought I had better make my presence known in here, as I am due march 3rd (been lurking in the febs for a while).
Its been an aweful weekend for me, my father in law passed away in the early hours of sunday morning after suffering from a fall on friday night, which lead to massive brain injuries, one that he would never have recovered from. It has been a major shock for my Dh, his family and myself as he was very healthy and strong and it came completly out of the blue. So lots of stress and not a lot of sleep, and a very emotional time.

I had my 1st appointment with my m.w this morning, was going to cancel but considering the stress thought it would be a good idea to talk to her, she was lovely and has booked me in for an early scan, to check all is ok and because there is twins in the family (dh is a twin too) so that is on the 26th.

Have been feeling very sick, especially over the weekend,
and have been having tummy pains, but finding ginger tea a good help for the nausea. And I understand everyones problems finding things to eat as couldn't eat anything really at the hospital cause its been sitting around all day.

The one thing that I am really happy about is that we told our parents, so he knew about bubs before he went, he also happened to tell almost the entire community, but thats ok (even though we wanted to keep it fairly quiet).
my best friend sent some words of wisdom that helped me heaps and I keep thinking about them when I get upset, she said " your baby is very special because its gets to meet its granddad before its even born" it makes me smile to think that.

I also wanted to say congrats to bombshell and Sarah on your news and welcome to the 'march club'. Talk soon Hayley

shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:18pm
OMG - We are so sorry to hear about your father inlaw, what a shock alright. We are thinking of you and your husbands family. And congratulations on the EDD....

Edited by shelleybean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 7:05pm
I am sorry to hear about your father in law. What a huge shock it must have been, but I am sure you were pleased he was told the news.

For me, I think my morning sickness really kicked in. I was at work and suddenly just became really really nasueas (sp) and didn't know if I should lie down, go home or throw up. Tried gingernuts and that didn't really work, went out and got some travel calm at lunch time and it worked a treat. Hope it doesn't continue like this though.

Also went to pumpkin patch and picked up the shirt I had on hold that will be good for work, but so work wouldn't see it I then had to throw the bag away and the stuff it inside so no one would know
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 8:22pm
Hailstones I am so sorry to hear that. My sympathies to you and your family. Please dont get too stressed and look after you and baby ok!
My grandma passed away last night (Sun) too. So I am completely with you in your mourning. It was a relief for us and hopefully for her too though. She was 94.
The weird thing is this - mum found out she was PG with me when her grandad passed on and she helped to dress his body. My gt grandma guessed from her vommitting everywhere (mums a nurse so usually good at that).
Then everyone told us my Gma held on for wedding and when she kept literally hanging on we wondered why and they all said she was waiting for a baby announcement. Well we told her we are pg on Sat afternoon and then mum showed her some baby singlets on Sunday we bought and told her we used her money for them so they were a gift from her to the baby.
Well she stopped drinking on saturday, and on sunday night when talking about baby names with DH in front of Gma - she gave us a few raised eyebrows at some...approval, then mum told her she would be babys guardian angel ....and then we left shortly thereafter...she passed on half an hour later. I am just sooo pleased she knew about the baby before she left.
tarshaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarshaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 8:30pm

Congrats to you March Mummies to be!!

I'm jsut butting in here really, but just wanted to offer some advise re iron tablets.  I have a really bad history of low iron, and it gets even wrose when I am pregnant.  My midwife from when I was pregnant with Bethany was trying to load me up on iron tablets, but the prescription ones were far to rough on me, and bound me up terribly.

If that happens to you, persevere with the iron pills(as they have a high amount of iron), and drink kiwicrush (from the freezer section) if you can.  Personally, I could not stomach it, and now over 2.5 yrs later the though makes me gag!  Another option, which works wonders for me, was to stop the prescription iron tablets, and start taking Thompsons Organic Iron tablets, most chemists stock them.  I took 2 of those a day, and they were brilliant!!  No constipation at all.  Another thing worth thinking aobut is Iron Melts.  they are good too. 

Obviously the prescription pills have the highest iron amounts, but anything is better than nothing!! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 109>