FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOkay VBA2Cs!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 1:31pm
Yeah i'm hoping for a VBAC next time too.
You ladies might know, I didn't really get an answer from my mw, if you have had one breech baby are you more likely to have a second breech one?

Sponsored Links

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 4:24pm
I don't think so?? There are exercises you can do during pregnancy to help try & avoid that too....
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 5:36pm
Yeah unfortunately this time I didn't find out until after my waters had broke and he was well and trully jammed in there lol. Even though I didn't have him for another 3 weeks because of the reduced fluid he didn't really have a chance, although I did do lots of exercises that my yoga instructor recommended.
Hopefully I will get some more scans etc next time, as midwife told me he was head down 12 hours before I found out he was breech.

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 5:49pm
LOL that makes things difficult!! Although my cousin has had two breech babies vaginally (out of 4) so who knows?

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 6:38pm
Gee what a sucky mw!! lol
I don't think breech babies recur.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 7:00pm
cool, the obs wasn't keen on letting me try natural as it was my first, second etc they are a bit more willing to let you give it a go. She said research has shown that breech vaginal delivery is about as safe as c/s but they are still not overly keen with the first one, as the passage hasn't been tried out so to speak!!!

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 12:06pm
Had my appointment with OB on wednesday and he is more than happy with me going ahead for a natural birth! Didn't even have to try & convince him it was great! And he has just recently had a woman deliver a lovely healthy baby after two previous c-sections. I can't believe how easy this is all going! Haven't told him my plans for having bubs at home in water but he has already old me to stay at home as long as I can stand to avoid any "interference"! YAY YAY YAY YAY!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 12:06pm
Oh & also he thinks I'm abit further along than my early scan showed... Will be having a scan on the 20th of December to see for sure...

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 12:07pm
Oh that's really great news.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 1:46pm
Yay Toni, sounds like everything is really falling into place for you.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 2:24pm

YAY Toni that is great news for you.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

Hopefully I will get some more scans etc next time, as midwife told me he was head down 12 hours before I found out he was breech.

We had a similer experience. I was 3 days away from my EDD, and MW announced she wasn't sure if she felt a head or a bum. Had a scan to check and she was way down (head first) in the pelvis so the scan lady wasn't surprised the MW wanted to confirm.

All sounds good for your home/water VBA2C

Edited by Two Blondinis
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 6:20pm
It sure does sound good! I'm so excited! Everything just seems to be falling into place. Fantastic midwife, easy going OB.... All I need is the perfect birth experience... or just a birth experience without scalpels LOL!!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 11:48am
oh toni i'm so happy for you!!!!!!! i actually have tears in my eyes!

i understand your wanting this VBAC after having 2 c/s myself and really really hope it goes well for you

cuppatea.....jack was breech too but i think the chances of having another breech is slim....they will do a scan later in pregnancy to check the position and make sure bubs is head down...mine was at 37wks i think

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 11:58am
Spencer tried to escape at 35 so if that repeats itself the scan will be too late at 37

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 12:33pm
with that in mind, you may get an earlier one

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:38pm
Hi guys, Just thought I'd chime in as I'm currently in the same boat. I've had 2 previous c-sections, the 1st was elective due to my son being breech and the 2nd was performed due to failure to progress. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and at the start of a very long battle with the Masterton hospital to be given the opportunity to attempt a VBA2C. I have a very supportive midwife who seems pleased that finally someone is standing up for womens rights down here. It makes me cross that obstetricians think they can take away our rights as birthing women with not enough backing to support their decisions. In fact after all the recent research I have done (I've compiled a 7 page report to put to the hospital) there really is such an insignificant risk of rupture that it's not worth the consideration. Quoting the 2006 Landon study there is a .7% chance of rupture VBA1C and the risk only increases to .9% for VBA2C. It would be great to hear of anyone elses battles and outcomes regarding this.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:55pm
Hey 2bmumof3. Surely it is your decision what birth you have? I would have thought that any obstetricain would have to follow your wishes? surely they are only there to make recommendations etc.
Is good that you have a supportive midwife, hope you get to give it a try.

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:14am
Hi there 2bmumof3!! Lovely to hear of someone else who is attempting a VBA2C's!! Having a supportive midwife is a great start. I have been very lucky to have a supportive OB although I haven't broken the news to him yet that I am planning a homebirth to avoid any chances of unnecessary interventions. To be honest if he had kicked up a fuss and booked me in for a c-section then quite simply I would have told him I wouldn't be showing up! LOL they have to have signed consent to do a c-section anyway. Just stand your ground with the ob. If your midwife is supportive then get her in with you to see the OB so you can have her support.... And best of luck too with getting that natural birth

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:37am
I'm trying to do this as nicely as possible and would really like to get the hospitals consent and support but if not then we certainly will simply sign the waiver and go through with it anyway. The pros are simply too important to me to not. My husband is now on side to after reading all the info regarding VBA2C's he's come to the conclusion that it's simply 'criminal' to not allow me to try this. However, what the hospital is doing is scaring off the other independant midwifes, and trying to with mine, by saying that if they support me then they will no longer support them with their future practices. My midwife is just as strong headed as myself and is glad to have a client that's prepared to take the hospital on and stand up for birthing mothers rights. Thanks for everyones support and I'll keep you posted as to how it's all panning out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>