FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOkay VBA2Cs!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:14pm
Would love to hear how things go for you!I think your not too far ahead of me with your due date? I'm supposed to be 14 weeks but they think I'm closer to 16 weeks.... I actually have no idea coz I wasn't supposed to get pregnant at all! Don't ever get an IUD they suck LOL
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Sponsored Links

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 2:51pm
15 days until my anatomy scan

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:02pm
Oh exciting!!!! Do you know for sure how far along you are now? or will they give you a better indication at the next scan.

I told me friend about you getting pg with an IUD she had one fitted cos her first was an accident and she doesn't want another accident (she would like to plan the next one). She pulled this face

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:12pm
Bahahahahahahaha!!! Oh dear I can just imagine that your friend is a bit worried!! Maybe reassure her that it is only a 1% chance of getting preggaz.....? I'm NOT getting another though that's for sure PMSL
Well according to my first scan I'm a little over 15 weeks but 2nd scan said that I should be closer to 17 weeks by now... I don't know! I would like to be further along as that would mean less time until my due date LOL but knowing my luck I would end up going overdue anyway

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 4:24pm
Just a wee update. I had my scan & Bubs is just right for my EDD so that is all good. My fundus height is way higher than it is "supposed" to be though! I'm measuring up as 25 weeks! LOL so I have an extra roomy uterus

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 6:54pm
Hi guys, well I finally had my obstectric appointment today. The Obstetrician was surprisingly pleasant although definately against me undertaking a VBA2C. It's amazing how in only a 10 minute appointment I could come out seriously wondering if I'm not being selfish putting myself and baby at unnecessary risk in wanting to VBAC. However, he hasn't said a definate no he won't support this in any way as yet, in fact he's given me 3 weeks to think over what he had to say, then we're to meet again (I'll be 38 weeks) to re-evaluate. I got the feeling that he will then really put the pressure on to set a date for ERCS. Hmmm, I'm going to have to find my drive to do this again as I know it's what I want, but the later in the pregnancy it gets the less confident I become and the easier it seems to simply cave.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 11:38pm
don't cave if a VBAC is what you truly want! i've had 2 c/s and am not allowed to attempt a VBAC, so i understand what you are going through. i'd give anything for a VBAC if i were to get pregnant again.

but, as he says, see how you feel at 38wks and if you still want to try, go for it! best of luck hun

this is my opinion......you are in a hospital and a stones throw away from an operating theatre, if things don't go to plan for the VBAC, then off OT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 11:40pm
hope that makes sense....it's late and i'm tired, but still can't sleep

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:15am
Thanks for the support. I should mention that his concerns are that the latest studies from this year show that the rate of uterine rupture are actually above the previously thought of around 1%. He didn't give me the figures so my midwife is trying to get hold of these studies. Also, in Masterton we only have an obstetrician and surgical team at the hospital on hand monday - friday 8am - 5pm. This means that if I rupture outside of these hours it takes 40 minutes from the time the obstetrician and surgical team are called in to the time they are ready an in theatre. By this time he has assured me that the baby will have died and more than likely I would have also??? So what has been offered before is that if you conveniently go into labour within "office hours" then you will be allowed to proceed, but the baby must be born by the end of the day. I'm not sure whether to feel that I've had some bully tactics used on me or not. The chances are comparable to any first time mums possibilities of mother or baby death. But the reality is you don't want to feel that you've put your child at undue risk, and the end result of having a healthy baby and mother is the most important thing.

Edited by 2bmumof3
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 3:06pm
Okay no offence but your ob has told you porkies! Even if you DO rupture which is quite unlikely, rupture very rarely cause death. The problem is the word "rupture". It makes you think of horrible things like your wound going POP & baby falling out
It is NOT like that at all. A lot of so called ruptures are diagnosed after the event & are more likely little tears, or a thing called a "window".
I really highly recommend a book called Silent Knife.
Although it is American (more people in America so better data IMO) & a little bit on the old side now, there is heaps of info in there about chances of rupture and also what a rupture actually means etc etc etc.
I had one OB tell me that NO you can only ever have c-sections yet after going through all my notes my current OB has okay'd it all without batting an eyelid.

If you really want the VBAC & believe in yourself then tell your OB thank you very much but you prefer your own plans for the birth. It is rare that something will occur that there is not time for an OB team to be assembled & for those true emergency events sometimes even having a team "on hand" is not enough, if you know what I mean?
My previous 2 c-sections were "emergencies" yet both times it was over an hour from when they said "c-section" to when they actually got the baby out

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:04pm
Hi Toni

Good to hear you are still planning your VBA2C. Hope all goes well for you.
I'm still ummming and ahhhing over what I'll do next time, no need to worry now though - gotta get pregnant first lol

All the best
Toni
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:09pm
Hi just thought I would pop in and say I have a friend who has had 3VBA2CS. Had her 5th baby, her first girl, exactly a week before I had Isla - they were even due the same day!
So for those of u who are *allowed* to try for VBACS,..it is possible!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by toniellis toniellis wrote:

If you really want the VBAC & believe in yourself then tell your OB thank you very much but you prefer your own plans for the birth.

i agree toni......if i could have a chance at VBAC but didn't try, i'd be absolutely gutted. nearly 2yrs on from my last c/s and i'm still trying to come to terms with it

My previous 2 c-sections were "emergencies" yet both times it was over an hour from when they said "c-section" to when they actually got the baby out

with charli, the decision was made at 1.30am for emergency c/s, but i didn't go into theatre til well after 2 and she wasn't born til 2.53am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:15pm
it's definately possible. if it's what you truely want 2bmumof3, then please try. you will regret it if you don't

well i do anyway......   best of luck hun....look for that book toni recommended and have a read, you still have a few weeks to decide

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

Hi Toni

Good to hear you are still planning your VBA2C. Hope all goes well for you.
I'm still ummming and ahhhing over what I'll do next time, no need to worry now though - gotta get pregnant first lol

All the best
Toni

Yeah still planning the VBA2Cs
7 weeks until my due date so it's starting to get close now!
Really happy with the birthplan that I have made in my head, now I just have to put it on paper LOL
Honestly when you do get pregnant & make the decision on what to do, just remember it is what you are happy with. All well & good to get advice from the experts but I still have nightmares about my c-sections & the need for another attempt at a VB is just something I can't let go of!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by jack_&_charli jack_&_charli wrote:

i agree toni......if i could have a chance at VBAC but didn't try, i'd be absolutely gutted. nearly 2yrs on from my last c/s and i'm still trying to come to terms with it

Just wondering why you can't have an attempt?
You might have already said but if you have then I have a shocking memory & can't remember

Edited by toniellis

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 9:02pm
Some docs strongly advise against a VBAC because the issue that 'caused' the first c/s is likely to recur, such as small pelvis.

Toni I got the same nightmares, thought I was fine until about 32 weeks. It took me until 38 wks pg to finally settle in my mind that it wouldn't be the end of the world to have trial of labour. I just wanted a definite VBAC or c/s but NOT an emergency c/s - and that really scared me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:06am

Just wondering why you can't have an attempt?
You might have already said but if you have then I have a shocking memory & can't remember

jack was an elective due to being breech, but i was told there's no reason i couldn't deliver vaginally next time as all looked good......went into labour with charli but she was posterior and head flexed, then her heartrate went all over the place so i had an emergency c/s. during which, they had probs getting her out and all the tugging and pulling caused a big tear to my uterus, which is why i'm not allowed to attempt another VBAC.

that and the fact that DH doesn't want anymore kids

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:10am

the need for another attempt at a VB is just something I can't let go of!

i can completely understand that! i am still coming to terms with how charli's birth ended and i don't think i will ever 'get over' the fact i couldn't deliver her myself

but as they say, healthy bubs is better no matter how it happens   blah blah

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 5:16pm
Yip, really hard thing to let go of aye.
I think the worst thing for me with Blaire was there was NO reason for my c-section then. They put it down to "failure to progress" but they only gave me NINE hours from when I walked in the door with niggles for my induction which they didn't end up doing. Nevermind that Blaire was happy & heartrate was fine etc etc.
Things are GOING to be different for me this time.

That sucks about them tearing your uterus! Rough blimen surgeons
When I went in for my c-section for Blaire, not only did they not cut me open enough to fit him out (had to go back & cut some more!), they also managed to poke him in the eye really badly when they were pulling him out.
And so many people wonder why I don't want to go back to hospital LOL!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>