FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOkay VBA2Cs!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Okay VBA2Cs!!
    Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:51pm
Anyone done this?? This is what I am planning (even though it is months away!) and so far I have a midwife who seems to be happy to support me with this.... So what next???? HELP!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 3:41pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I don't know anyone personally that has had a VBA2C but I'm sure if your circumstances (health wise) are ok and you're keen enough then I say go for it and good luck
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:15pm
Have you had your IUD out, i didnt think they let you have a natural birth with an IUD in but i could be wrong...

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 7:58pm
Nope IUD still in there, and midwife assures me that it won't be a problem as it will come out with (tmi!) mucus plug... only problem to get through is actually getting through labour that she can see... It is such a long way away but I want to prepare myself as best as I can!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 10:33pm
oh toni i sooooo hope you can have a vba2c!   

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 12:16am
A woman on another forum I go to just had a VBAC.. if that helps any?

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 12:27am
I do know someone who had VBA2C & then went on to have a 3rd c-section, I am not sure of the reason for the natural birth only know that all her babies arrived early - the last one 4 weeks early to no.3 may have taken them by surprise - we live a good distance from the hospital.
I can't offer you any help on how to prepare just best wishes and luck.
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:13am
Thanks everyone. I attempted a vbac last time but had no support which really sucked. I guess I will just have to keep researching myself.

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 9:01am
1st midwife appointment on Tuesday YAY!! Experienced with homebirth after c-sections too! Wahoo I'm so excited!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 12:37pm
that sounds very promising Good luck for Tuesday!
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:24pm
Had an AWESOME appointment with my midwife and OMG I can't believe how fantastic she is!! I still have to see an OB in about a month but she has offered to come with me as support person. She has given me HEAPS of info on the subject & I am now officially planning a home waterbirth LOL! I am sooooo excited! She has read my notes & said there is no reason why I can't do this & as long as it is what I want then she will help me every step of the way... She has lots of ideas for me to think about like using a pregnancy rocker to get Bubs into a good position (I have had 2 posterior babies now) and also she uses homeopathy & accupunture so I am going to take advantage of that too. Also she has found me someone to talk to who has had 3 c-sections & then gone on to have two natural births! *dances around like an idiot* I am sooo happy! So excited! I CAN DO THIS!!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:28pm
That is so cool, where abouts in New Zealand are you? would be interested to know who your midwife is.

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 5:06pm
I am just out from Pukekohe, Auckland

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 6:49pm

Woew that is great news for you, hopefully you can get the homewater birth you want.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 7:16pm
Wow that's fantastic news! My last two were posterior also (don't know about the first, the c/s) - long early labours but I didn't need c/s with them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 7:39pm
that sounds fantastic Toni (hehe I feel like I'm talking to myself! I've never met another Toni )

All the best with your home water birth - that sounds so lovely!
I wanted a water birth, but it didn't work out for me *sigh* and I'm far too chicken to have a home birth!

Caitlin was posterior too. What's a pregnancy rocker?
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 8:52pm
Wow! Sounds like a fab midwife!

You can totally do it Toni

xox
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 9:32pm
great news - its so important to be happy with your midwife and she seems to be on the same wave length as you ...
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 10:32am
Hi Toni! (Two Blondinis). A pregnancy rocker helps to get bubs into a good position apparently. My midwife said perfect for me with my history of posterior babies I still so excited about it all today! Spents lots and lots of time last night reading through everything she gave me, really great info!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 1:11pm
That all sounds so exciting Toni! I so hope you get the VBA2C!!! (I'm so hoping for a standard VBAC when we have number 2 so I can kinda understand your excitment!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>