FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 273>
Author
solgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:01pm
Hey everybody,

Yep, emma is a big 4 year old now...she had a good day on sunday...her party is this saturday and everyone has rsvp'ed yes (ekk) so there will be quite a number of kids at our house on saturday.

Happy Belated Anniversaries....wow will be 6 yrs for us this year.

Dphne - You have reminded me too book in Paige for her 2 yr plunket check....will do that in the next week or so.

I have been also told it is easier going from 2 -3 than from 1 -2....guess I will know in about 4 months or so.....ekk hard to believe that I am just about 21 weeks already....
MUMMY TO EMMA (4yrs), PAIGE (2yrs) &

Sponsored Links

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 8:38pm
Happy (belated) birthday Emma! Hope you had an awesome day today

Gaylene - have you had your anatomy scan yet? Were you finding out baby's flavour?
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 8:41pm
I just went and had a nosy in your July '10 thread ... congratulations on your wee boy!!!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
solgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:12pm
Thanks Daph - Hard to believe that I am 22 weeks this week...ekk....DH is stoked about having a boy....
MUMMY TO EMMA (4yrs), PAIGE (2yrs) &

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:37pm
I know! It's going so fast eh?? Lol I bet your DH is stoked

We've had a really nice weekend. We spent today with good friends we haven't seen for ages and the kids loved it. Lilia seemed pretty happy hanging out with all the boys

Right now there is ALOT of noise coming from the kids room, better go deal with them, night!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 8:02pm
Yay, congrats on the Boy!!! That seems to be the theme 3rd time around.
Happy Birthday to Emma!!

I cant believe its going to be March tomorrow and most of our babies will be turning 2

Been a busy week here. I just painted 60 faces today for 4 hours straight.... I am pooped, my head hurts. A beautiful day too :) Right now I am thinking I dont ever want to paint another face, too bad I have a couple more to do this week.
Girls have been good for their Daddy though, I dont think Maddi needs a mummy anymore I went to get her up the morning and she threw her self to the floor with the most devastated cry, she wanted Daddy not Mummy.

She's been in the wars this past week too, split lips, carpet burns from falling face first off the top of the couch, bumps from falling from the breakfast table.... she really is a dare devil.

Bedtime hasn't been so good, I cant wait for some cooler weather. She is still grizzling in bed now and no doubt she is going to be up a couple of times in the night again. I think once again I will put it down to teething.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I better go rest my poor head. And I promise I will try keep up better this week

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 10:00pm
"She's been in the wars this past week too, split lips, carpet burns from falling face first off the top of the couch, bumps from falling from the breakfast table.... she really is a dare devil. "

I really spoke too soon. Just the other day she face planted on the concrete so she not has a lovely red nose and forehead (she keeps picking the giant scabs). And big fat fingers and a nail that will probably fall off after mummy jammed them in the door.

Shes still pretty happy, at the moment she likes to play games where she pretends to be someone else, today she was poppa, Keira was Mummy and I was Daddy. Apparently it was hilarious.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIAM!!!!!!!!! Hope he had a wonderful birthday and party!

Who's next??

Daphne you really did make my heart skip a beat when you stuck up photos of the birthday cake - I honestly thought I had forgotten Maddi's birthday was really soon. Does everyone have Birthday plans?

Another Busy weekend here facepainting. It was really nice today, my parents took the girls (including one sick Keira who threw up in the night 0 fingers crossed that was a oncer and nobody else catches what ever it was) and DH came and set up a stall next to me. It wasn't as busy today but I had put up my prices so still made enough for takeaways for dinner and movies in town tomorrow :)
I have a few more jobs this week and then it seems to be slowing down a wee bit, I am looking forward to eventually getting a weekend off.

Right now that I am all caught up. Its nice chatting to myself Hope you are all doing well

Oh and Maddi can finally jump - she is so proud!

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 10:57pm
Helloooo!! I've been a bit slack catching up. I generally check ob on my iPhone these days, so a crappy keyboard to do long posts.

Poor Maddi in the wars. I tell myself it'll toughen them up.

We went to see the WotWots today at the zoo. The girls loved it! Thank heavens for our zoo passes though as we pretty much went there for the show and left again. It was so busy!

We've started telling the girls about the big planes they'll be going on soon. Thankfully they can visualize Granny and Grandad at the other end
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 6:01pm
Cool, Lilia will be so jealous! She s the Wot Wots!

Oh no! Poor Maddi I hope she isn't like LIlia coming up to me every few minutes ... "me hurt me <insert body part> mumma." Drives me batty particularly if shes barely even done anything. I've taken to saying, "well don't do <insert whatever she's been doing>" Unless she's really hurt herself of course, then she'll get checked out and kisses and cuddles (I'm not that mean a mummy!).

Ahaha Christy Sorry for giving you a fright. I'm not a very good cake baker but a workmate gave me an awesome, yummy and best of all easy cake recipe so I had to try it out. And I really liked Maddi's (I think) b'day cake where you used marshmellow to make flowers ... pretty & easy (can you tell I like easy??)

No real plans for L's b'day, might have a little family thing, it should be better this year, she shouldn't cry whenever someone walks in the door

Right better go home now!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:03pm
Hi everyone!

Long time no hear!

Have been meaning to post all week.. I've had one of those types of weeks where you just wonder if anything could get worse! I had my mum in hospital the week before last, then had to go there last week for a paed appt with Janaya.. then two days later I was back for Jackson, and THEN this week Janaya was admitted, twice.. so I've spent 10 days in hospital so far. Gah!

Jackson has been running funny since he learnt to walk, mum told me to get it checked and I thought it was just a normal kid thing, turns out its not The paediatrician said theres some resistance when she tries to correct his foot, so she's referred us to an Orthapaedic Surgeon *sigh* I assume he's going to have some sort of inserts in his shoes to correct it.

And Janaya was back in hospital, this time for her bowels. I have to take Janaya back on Thursday to Outpatients as well!!

Business thing slowing down for me too Christy.. Which is quite frustrating! Well, it is for me as I rely on income coming in
We have been lucky enough to have been awarded a Maori Grant, so we have a business mentor and also an application to apply for funding.. fingers crossed we get it!

Anyway, Happy Birthday Liam!! You have been so quiet lately Dawn, where are you? And where on earth has Emma disappeared to?

Jackson has been driving me batty lately with his nappy pulling. The other day I woke up to him screaming blue murder, so I ran into the bedroom and found him standing at the door with a trail of pee from his bed to the door.. he'd taken his nappy off in bed He seems to be scared of seeing himself wee Not sure how we are going to fix that one.

I also have to share... the other day Jackson was sitting on the floor and he did a really long put-put fart.. he sat there for a second and then looked up and said "Lawnmower!!!" lol!

Tishy- we were planning on going to the wot-wots to, but Janaya was still unwell. Wished we had of been there, it looked like great fun!

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 1:45pm
Sounds like you've had a crazy time Kaiz! I hope all comes well soon. Will the shoes be subsidized? My sister has something similar when she was young if I remember correctly.

Awesome that you get a grant! Good luck with the funding!

Aoife was scared of seeing herself (or Eimear) wee. After we've had some nappy free afternoons she's realised it's not so bad. Even better if she gets to the potty and gets chocolate Pity it's all by chance so far. Eimear is totally ready for training but Aoife not so much.

The girls loved the WotWots. They're still talking about it. lol!
rascal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rascal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 2:01pm

Hi all,

Kylie.  Hope things look up soon.  That was funny about Jackson & his fart though!

Busy busy here.  DH & I were crook last week. Jess got it in the weekend, then after seliing Girl Guide Bikkies yesterday, Cayley pukes all over Daddy!  (rather him than me lol!)

The life of a 5 yr old is just plain crazy!  So can't wait til all 3 are doing after school activities - NOT!!

All ticking along normally here at the mo (other than illnesses....) 

I so can't believe that we are in the midst of another round of birthdays!  Happy Belated for Liam!  Jessica is 2 on Monday (or as Cayley so nicle puts it - 6 more sleeps!)  That is sooooo toooooo close!  I want my baby to not grow up!

Kids in the wars - Rebekah came off a tramp this morning at coffee group - my word that girl can cry!  Got a nice egg on her cheek under her eye & a graze on her shoulder.  Jessica is always crashing / falling into, off things.  If the kid would stop climbing, she would stop having accidents.  Far as she is concerned, if Cayley can do it, I can lol!

Anyway, off to deal with the kids now.

Catch you all later.

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 4:54pm
Fingers crossed that will be the last time you have to see inside of a hospital for a while after this!!

Glad to hear all is well in the Rascal family Gosh I dont think I am looking forward to all the after school activites. Guess I am going to have to get my licence one day. I drove SH1 today and didnt panic - I was so proud of myself I am getting there slowly.

Looks like Jessica is the next birthday - are you doing anything for it??

Trish - I love love love the photos of the wot wots!! I so wish I could have gone! Is Aoife really that much taller than Eimear? How long until the big trip now?

Tehe at Jackson and the lawnmower fart

I have my fingers and toes crossed you get the funding. Hopefully your work will pick back up again soon.

Daphne, I think that was another reason i freaked a little - I thought it was my cake The flowers look so cool, and are pretty easy too :)

I think all these accidents are really toughening Maddi up, the little things dont bother her at all anymore, I just annoy her if I try get a cuddle.

Maddi really had me confused the other day, she came out of her bedroom in the morning with no nappy on. I went back to hunt for the nappy and could not find it anywhere! It just so happened that the night before when DH went to tuck her in he picked up a nappy from the floor and put it away. So Maddi slept the whole night without a nappy and was completly dry I think it was totally a one off as she usually wakes with a very full nappy but I was quite impressed.
We are still getting there slowly with the toilet training. She finally did a couple of wee wees on the potty last week, a total fluke, but now I know she knows what she needs to do. She has been taking her nappy off in the afternoons but usually just holds it in until bedtime.

Right better actually get doing something today. We had a busy morning facepainting at a playgroup and then DH took me and the girls out to the place we got married for lunch and then a little shopping (it always ends up for the girls)

I am loving making the most of the sunshine, another BBQ tonight
See ya all!

LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:31pm
Hello All

Well its been a couple of busy months here.

A very belated Happy Birthday to the twins.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and birthday wishes for Liam. We had a family get together on Saturday for both the boys (to keep the peace with Lockie as his cousins from Wellington came down, and DH thought that he might be a little put out that they wouldnt be coming back down for his in 2 weeks). It all went well. A very busy weekend as we had Nana's 65th surprise birthday on the Sunday as well. Liam didnt handle it too well so I had to miss out on lunch (as we were at a restaurant) and I took him for a drive and he was asleep within minutes. He was however waking up at 5.30am or earlier for the last couple of weeks and surprise surprise last couple of mornings he has slept till after 6am. Last eye tooth finally cut!!! Only 4 more to go. So I am sure when he is teething its why he wakes so early.

So many things have been going on its hard to even remember what they all are to give you a slight recap.

I so cant believe my baby is 2 years old now, not to mention I am going to have a 4 year old in a weeks time. Now that is a scarey thought!!!

Liam is missing the odd day sleep these days and man these boys go hammer and tongs especially if Lockie is tired too. Means early bedtime and so pleased to see the back of them too.

Looks like we are heading up to Wellington over the easier holidays from Wednesday 31 March for a week. Anyone keen to meet let me know. In saying that I'm too chicken to drive anywhere than Christchurch.

Liam fell off the climbing frame that holds their swing on it tonight. That boy really never learns. He cried for a bit and was pointing to his knee and head where it all hurt not to mention saying knee and pulling up his shorts.

Preschool is going well for the boys, they seemed to have settled back nicely. The preschool has been building a new nursery and confverted a whole house, its amazing and so much more room for the kids to play around in. They now cater for the 0 -3 years in the nursery area and the preschool is 3 -5 years. I always thought when Lockie went through to the preschool at 2 there was a big age difference between 2 and 5. So this way I think both get the advantage.

Ok must go to bed, eyes are finding it hard to stay awake.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:58pm
Oh thats right talking about plunket checks. I took the boys last Thursday and:

Liam was 14.26kgs and 95.5cm tall
Lockie was 18.56kgs and 107.5cm tall

At the same ages Lockie was 2.5 cms shorted than Liam and .26kgs lighter. So not much difference. Liam definately seems to be slowing down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 6:41am
Hi all

Happy Birthday to Soph, a little belated (if you still read this Emma).

Well its now time to wish my Lockie a great big happy 4th birthday. Man how time flies. I still cant get my head around that he will be at school next year.

Cake was baked last night all I need to do is add the final touches tonight for his party tomorrow. He's have a few of his friends around to help him celebrate.

Ok had better get on with my day.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 11:56am
Belated happy birthdays to Eden, Jessica, Sophia and happy birthday Lockie!

I know, it's crazy how quickly time is going by, eh Dawn? I hope Lockie enjoys his birthday party

I'm so hanging out for tomorrow, DH and I celebrate our 5th anniversary and we've both taken the day off work AND MIL is looking after both kids on Friday night! I feel thoroughly spoiled
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 2:15pm
So many birthdays! Happy birthday to all the kiddies!
Can't believe Lockie is 4.

Whoa! You're only 1 week away from 3rd trimester Daph!

Sounds like you're gonna have an awesome day tomorrow!

2 weeks today we fly to Ireland, eek! I'm so excited and scared at the same time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 6:10am
Lockie had a great time at his birthday. 14 kids running around, its quite a handful. It was full on for the 2 hours that they were here, but it was all good fun. I was gla to sit down in the evening. Even Liam was right into the games. We did a treasure hunt, lollie scramble, egg and spoon race and pass the parcel. I will eventually get around to putting photos prob on FB.

Oh my gosh your holiday is so close Trish.

How was your anniversary celebration Daph?

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 1:56pm
Sounds like a fun party!!! Cant wait to see photos Would love to meet up again, are your boys coming up to?

Wow Trish, that is getting so close!!! You started packing yet

Hope you had a good aniversary celebration Daphne!

Happy Birthday Kylie!!! Hope DH manages to do something nice for you today!! (Ha - last year I got vegies from my DH, but at least he tried)

Things are still really busy around here, another couple of weeks until I get a weekend off. At least it is nice to be enjoying the sunshine though.
I am currently trying to get things sorted for Maddi's birthday party on Sunday.. and it was only supposed be a small simple party

Maddi went poos on the toilet today *happy dance*, well I caught her starting to pull the poo face so popped her on the toilet and we managed to get most of it.

Thats my exciting life at the moment Hope everyone else is doing well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 273>