FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273>
Author
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 8:48pm
Woah - its been a while!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Kylie, how did Jackson appointment go? Happy Belated Birthday!!! Thank you so much for inviting us, I was gutted we couldn't make it.

Nothing much exciting to report here, Life is just ticking along. Funky monkeys were cool, Maddi loved them!
I still need get of my butt and do something about TTing.
I am really tired at the moment though, I think I am fighting something off.. have a really sore throat at the moment.

Sponsored Links

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 2:40pm
Lol, it has been a while

We are doing pretty good, feel myself getting tireder (sp?) during the day, but 'only' 4 weeks of work to go yay! It's not so bad when I can browse OB at work, lol. Though because the the errors, it meant that yesterday dragged!

Ollie had his first kindy class photo at kindy this week, feels like he is growing up so quickly He and Lily also got some photos together. Can't wait to see them!

Christy, I haven't been doing anything with Lilia and TTing. She'll usually sit on either the toilet or potty before a bath which is good. I'm sure she is probably about ready but to be honest I'm being a bit lazy!

Oh and bub is currently lying transverse I've been hanging off the couch up-side-down trying to get him to spin, but no luck so far ... I don't think at least. I'm never sure what is a head and what is a bum Anyway got a few more weeks yet for him to turn.

So glad it's Friday - yay!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:57pm
Daph I saw the photo on FB and it's gorgy!!

Everybody keep shhh about the TTing I'm ignoring it here too. Not that I can do much while we're away anyway but both are now starting to show ready signs.

All is going well here, we went to France for the long weekend which was awesome. I didn't have my camera but SIL took loads so am waiting impatiently to see them
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by tishy tishy wrote:

we went to France for the long weekend

Lol, I loved being able to say that to friends and family back home ... 'oh yeah we went to Paris/Prague etc for the weekend' Sounds like you're having an awesome time Trish, yay!!

Yeah I love the kindy pic of them together. Can't wait until we get our order!

Saw my mw today and bub is now breech. But the good kind of breech, he has his bum in my pelvis. If he is still like that when I go into labour I'll actually be able to try and birth him naturally. Hopefully we'll get him to turn before then though!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:33pm
Hello...

How is everyone??

Daph, only 2 weeks until you finish work The countdown is getting close! I so cant wait Hope that baby is still behaving... Maddi seemed to be transverse all the time right up to her birth, I really dont know how she had so much room, I would often feel her doing full flips and I used to think she was having far too much fun to ever come out.
Keira just had her Kindy photos too and I cant believe how old she looks in her class, only a couple of months and shes at school... now thats scary!

Trish, Where are you theese days... I want to go somewhere.

Kylie.... you redeemed your voucher yet

I am still being lazy on the toilet front here, I just have to do it but I find it so hard when we are out in the mornings (playgroups etc) then she has a sleep (or at least I try to get her to have a sleep) and then there is only a few hours until bedtime and I am frantically busy in that time getting dinner sorted and everything.... gosh I am shocking at making up excuses! She is really really good at telling me when she wants to go when she wants to, she still goes in her nappy sometime but only because she can. I have just brought some training pants so will see how we go with them.

She is talking so much, I think she can almost hold a full conversation with Keira I used to think Keira talked a lot but now having two of them going at once

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:29am
It's 4.20am, I've been awake since before 3am and I still feel wide awake! Somehow I don't think I'll be going to work later

Yep 2 weeks of work to go, I am so ready to finish up. Thankfully my manager has just employed my replacement, and she can start fairly quickly so I actually get to handover to someone. I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen.

I think I may have missed the boat a little with L's tt-ing and to be honest, now I don't even want to think about it until bub is here.

I how much she talks ... mostly I love listening to her and Ollie talking it's so cute! And some of the things she comes out with are classic. I love it when she 'helps' me stand up, 'Me help you mama' and she puts her hands under my arm and pushes upwards, though she makes lots of straining noises like it's hard work!

Right, I'm starting to feel a little cold so might head back to bed now. Hopefully I'll fall asleep!

Night!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:13pm
4:20 AM!!?
I hope you managed to get to sleep! Did you make it to work in the end?
Yay for having a replacement. And to Lilia helping you up. She is going to be such a helpful big sister

I was having a pretty good day at home today until about 4. Maddi decided not to sleep today, she just sat in her bed and played quietly for a couple of hours, turns out she doesn't handle not having an afternoon sleep so well. Is anyone else still having their afternoon naps?? I know Keira had stopped them well before she was 2 and I am thinking I may be heading near to the end of them

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:41am
My 2 have really started chatting these days too. It's amazing what they come out with. I'm busy trying to perfect a knock knock joke with them

All is good here, only 1 week left now. I'm really looking forward to getting back to DH and to my own house.
No more trips 'abroad' unfortunately Christy They girls are having a ball alternating between the grandparents houses. My parents live well out in the country so they get to so lots of things they don't normally do.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:22pm
I couldn't survive if Lilia didn't nap! Ollie still occasionally naps too. We didn't stop his until he was about to go to kindy, so he was around 3 & a half-ish. I hope Lilia is the same!

Lol @ the knock knock joke Trish! And I bet the girls grandparents are loving having them there too.

Didn't end up going to work the other day. I got into bed at 5am and then the kids woke and came into our bed for cuddles. It was lovely but didn't really get much of a sleep before I would have had to go to work!

I'm really stoked right now, just got back from seeing the mw and bub is head down and engaged! Yay, it's such a feeling of relief. The funny thing is everyone told me I would feel him flip but I really have no idea when he did He did drop the other weekend and my mw says it was probably then. Right better get back to it, lunchtime is already over ... whoops!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 1:18am
yayy for bubs flipping!

Christy, I forgot to say my 2 are still having day naps. Currently as they're sharing a double bed I get into bed with them to settle(and sometimes I end up napping myself). If I leave them alone in the room then they play up and don't nap. I think I might continue that routine when we are back in NZ

Having said that they're not going to bed until 8pm at the moment as it's too bright. It'll be back to 7pm bedtime when we get back.
They still wake between 6:30-7:30 so I guess they need the extra sleep.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 5:21am
I think that routine sounds awesome Trish, especially the bit where you nap too!

Another early morning for me though not quite as bad as the other day thank goodness! Wouldn't be so bad if I had a bub to care for.

My replacement starts today, yay! At least we'll have over a week for a good handover.

FIL ended up in hospital yesterday. He has gotten so weak and frail it's sad to see. DH & his brother had to discuss the current DNR order and that had to be the worst conversation for them

Anyway I'd better start getting stuff ready for today. It takes me such a long time to do things these days. Not sure if it's being preggy, the cold or simply lack of motivation!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:03pm
So hows that knock knock joke going?
Hope the trip home goes well!! Will be thinking of you! Those girls better be good girls for their mummy!

Daph, hope this last week of work is going well!

Gosh its freezing today, I am loving sitting by the fire though!
Girls are being good (I am bribing Keira with boots I brought online for her last night, they were too cute - I am jealous!) I tried a day without nappies (we ran right out) and I really don't think I am ready yet. She was ok, as expected for her first day in undies - accidents all day long... Mummy just didn't have the energy to keep up and was extremely relieved when Daddy came home with nappies.

Hope you are all having a good week!

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:54pm
You must be on your way home Trish? Home the girls are being as well behaved on the way home as they were on the way over!

Christy - I totally understand! When Lilia got out of bed this morning I'm pretty sure her nappy was fairly dry. I probably should have got her on to the toilet, but well to be honest I just CBA!

Loving that this is my last week! I can't wait til Thursday night - my team are taking me out to dinner
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:11pm
At least you a decent excuse! Me.. I am just lazy

Two days left of work(?) Woohoo, I hope you manage to get as much rest as you can before Caleb arrives.

I really am lazy, I dont think I have done anything today apart from sit infront of the fire. The girls sat with me so it was quite nice.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:37pm
That's not nothing, that's spending quality time with your girls! Plus it was a fairly awful day yesterday I think it's a great idea to be in front of a nice warm fire.

I've kept the kids in care for next week so I have 1 week to myself I kind of feel a little guilty about it ... but only a little

Saw my mw today and I'm measuring 41cm No wonder everyone thinks I'm huge. Ah well she wasn't worried about it, so I'm certainly not
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 12:49pm
Wow.. 41cm, does the mw think it may be a bigger baby this time.. how big was Lilia?
A week with out kids sounds good! Hope you enjoy it. Last day of work.. woohoo!

Had a shocking day yesterday.. Maddi is refusing to listen and time out really doesn't seem to be working with her. She ended up with a split tongue after bumping into something with a pipe in her mouth and almost got run over.
She did have a good afternoon toilet wise and after figuring out her tantrum was over her wanting to wear undies she managed a dry afternoon :) I guess that kind of made up for her bad morning.

Freezing day here today! Wishing I didn't have to go out but I have been roped into doing a fashion show for kindy and need to try to find some clothes that will actually fit me.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 12:04pm
Oh dear Christy. Lilia also has a very stubborn streak and doesn't listen half the time. We have to say her name 3-5 time before we get a response and usually the response is along the lines of 'What?' and in a very similar tone to a sullen teenager!

I'm loving my week at home by myself (bad mummy!) but I'm getting lots of things done without feeling rushed or frazzled about it all. Saw my mw yesterday and all is looking good. Bub is measuring the same as last time which is good! At least he's not continuing to grow at an alarming rate Lilia was 9lb 2oz, but she actually measured a few weeks behind by the end of her pregnancy. I'm thinking this one takes after his brother and will be long and straight-backed, whereas Lilia was a squishy baby
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 4:02pm
Your week off sounds lovely Daph! Less that 2 weeks until the due date, Lilia was never on time though was she?
I wonder if I can convince anyone to steal my girls for a week

I really cant wait to see what this baby looks like. Lilia and Olli are so different, Lilia is just like you and Ollie is just like his dad.

I sat my licence today and I PASSED!!! I am so excited, I think it is only just setting in. It was honestly the scariest thing I have done in my life, I bungled it so badly, but I think he knew I was nervous and sick and gave me it out of sympathy. It feels like the biggest achievement in my life, I would say its even more of an achievement that having babies I am so relieved it is over, I started crying as soon as he told me I passed and was crying for the next few hours. I couldn't even drive I was so overwhelmed.
I took the girls out in the car this afternoon and it was so easy, the possibilities of where we could go seemed endless.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:45pm
Thats so awesome Christy!!! Well done!!!

I really need to get my A into gear and sit my full, I've 'only' had my restricted for 7 years (and had my learners for 10 years before that)

I can't wait to see who this bub will take after too. I hope he has dimples like his daddy Both O&L were overdue by 4 & 5 days respectively, so I expect this one to follow suit, just hopefully no longer than 5 days!

We are off to Auckland tomorrow for a photoshoot with Kylie - very exciting! Be nice to finally meet her and get some awesome photos to boot
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:46pm
Ohh everytime I see you ticker Daph, I get so excited, that number is getting smaller and smaller!
Awww, dimples!!!

Hope the photo shoot went well! I loved the photo Kylie put up on facebook! Both gorgeous as usual!

Hope you had a great weekend Kylie (if you are still out there somewhere..??) How did DH handle it...?
Your photos are getting better and better, I love the colours of the last lot!

Gosh, I thought having my learners for 8 years was ages I think it will be at least another 8 years before I get my full.
Been out on my own for the first real time today (DH had to work all weekend so he stole the car), it was so much fun. I felt so grown up :P I took Maddi with me and really enjoyed shopping with just her.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273>