FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 273>
Author
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 4:40pm
When I was bf DD I was told to steer clear of green veges & onions as these can all cause excess gas to the bf baby. (havent read back at all the posts so sorry if this has already been suggested.)
Gill

Sponsored Links

lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 4:41pm
Hiya, haven't posted for awhile. Gabrielle has probs with wind too, its so frustrating when you can hear it bubbling inside her and it won't come out, she also tends to get the hiccups when I change her.

I don't have a magic solution to wind, but luckily she can settle without me having to get all her wind out, we raised the top of the cot with a couple of books so maybe that helps. I tried a mixture called wellington hospital mixture, but I think it made her worse to the point one night where she just wouldn't settle in her cot at all, so I let her sleep on me on the couch until she woke up for her next feed, we stopped using it after that and she is more settled now.

Just when things were getting better I now have a cold and I'm desperately trying to not give it to Gabrielle.

We haven't had any more monitor alarms go off since we removed one of the sensors, as there were two and we figured as she is so small it wasn't registering her movements on both so removed one sensor and no probs since, so hopefully she doesn't have sleep apnoea issues after all, I feel so stupid now.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 5:00pm
thats weird..you would think removing one would make the problem worse? our problem went away when we moved the sensor as well though?
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 5:13pm
I just think that cos the sensors are so big and she is so small her body couldn't be properly over both of the sensors. To be honest I am just relieved more than anything.

We went in one day after it had gone off several times and I watched her and could see her breathing as the alarm went off so figured it wasn't working properly.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 5:22pm
:) thats good

Edited by kawwww
Mum to two amazing boys!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 11:25pm
I my new friend the Osteopath. We had a visit to one this evening and Eimears wind problems seem to be on the mend thankfully! yayy.
We've to go back for some more appointments for both girls but she was such a pleasure to wind this evening. She practically burped as I was taking her off the boob! [:) ]
Hopefully it'll keep this way. The Osteo said the wind problems may get worse before better again but I'm going keep positive

Also she suggested that I keep away from foods that DH is sensitive to. He gets a bloated tummy with too much bread while I love my bread so I'm going to give that a try.
It made obvious sense once she suggested it.

Both girls have been on growth spurts this week so I've been pretty much stuck on the couch since Friday.

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:19am
Hey tishy, Ben had chronic wind problems and the oesteo was amazing for him, he had magic fingers i begged him to come home with us!!

I'm still feeling a bit 'over whelmed' and hormonal saw stand in mw who assured me this was normal especially as ben is sick and being very drama filled, coughing and sneezing all over sophia, now dh and my mum are also sick so its not much fun here at the moment!!!

On the plus side Sophia is a dream, last night she crashed at 8.30 till 11.30 , quick 30 min feed then down till 3.30!! i couldn't believe the clock, we didn't get over 3 hours sleep with ben until he was months old!! so hopefully shes a cruisey one! wind makes such a difference aye

Right we are venturing out to play group today, not sure its a good idea but i have to get ben out or i'll go mad with his whining!, wish me luck guys!

LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 11:55am
Well I can relate to the hormonal thing Emma and I'll add sleep deprived also. Have had a pretty rough couple of days (can deal with during the day, but night time sucks). Liam is such a noisey sleeper and he is obviously in some pain as you can hear him moving around and grunting and groaning and then he crys out but he isn't awake. I go to get him up but he is asleep so no point in feeding him then. Just had mw here, had a chat about everything, she's not too sure what his problem is but she said we will get to the bottom of it.

How did playgroup go Emma? How did you manage 2 kids at a time? That's the thing with having a c-section you can't just get out and about and back into the swing of things you have to take the time to heal. I think the longer you are out of action the more daunting it seems to be able to think about how you are going to cope by yourself.

That's it from me sorry if it sounds depressing, I just wish there was a simple solution. Chin up Dawn you are half way to that 6 week mark now!!!! Things have to get better right.

Trish you are a legend coping with wind problems and growth spurts I don't know how you do it. It felt like Liam was feeding constantly yesterday.

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 12:26pm
Dawn, I've had plenty of help until now. Mum left last week and DHs parents leave tomorrow.
As of tomorrow I'm on my own so we'll see how it goes.
Eimear sounds just like Liam, she doesn't cry in her sleep but she does the grunting , groaning stuff. Do you wrap him? Eimear is a bit quieter when she's wrapped.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:01pm
Bella's having wind issues too. It's so new to me having to wind her properly because Matthew just never needed it - you'd feed him & that would be it. She gets quite distressed if I don't get all the wind out though. I'm trying to wind her a few times during her feed instead of letting it all build up til the end & that seems to be helping.

Isabella sleeps quite well at night too - usually going 4 or 5 hours between feeds, so I'm not feeling too tired because I get that block of 3 or 4 hours sleep.

It's my first day of looking after both children on my own today & so far, so good (apart from a couple of tantrums from the 2 year old!) Managed to get them both fed this morning though & then down for their naps. Might even try & be brave enough to take the 2 of them down to the shops quickly this afternoon.

Right, better go - sounds like Matt has woken up for his lunch.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:24pm
Hi ladies, exciting I can now post in here as a mum.

Well my first day of having to look after 2 kids came a bit sooner than I expected! Stu 'had' to go to Auckland for work today (Microsoft is launching some program and if he attends he gets a free copy to keep!). I knew about it and had organised for mum to come and help me out for the day. She called this morning and is sick and didn't want to get either of the kids sick, which is fair enough.

Poor Ollie has watched Blues Clues and In the Night Garden twice as well as a Wiggles DVD! He has been OK, though we had another struggle over a VERY pooey nappy earlier grrr. Thankfully Lilia has been sleeping pretty well, might actually go wake and feed her. Then will try to nap with her while Ollie is asleep.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:49pm
Yay, I can join you guys too, Madison Grace was born this morning at 8:25, dont know how long the labour was but it was fast! 9pounds 6 I dont know where she was hiding! She hasnt really done much but have a good feed this morning and sleep, betcha shes saving all her screaming up for tonight. I really love watching Keiras interaction with Madi, I think she was a bit scared of her at first (still covered in 'playdough') but loves to just watch her at the moment. I better try get some sleep before she decideds to wake, Only managed to get 2 hours of sleep last night so pretty shattered, and its only going to get worse!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:59pm
Congrats Daizy, don't know how you got time to come on the forum though!!!

Had antenatal coffee group this morning, little miss was an angel, she always is around other people, shame I had to cut it short so I could get back home for the ecan guy. All we have to do is wait for our community services card to turn up and then we will have underfloor insulation and a new logburner for free, yay!!

I can't remember if it was this thread that someone was asking for tips on winding babies, but I found something that seemed to work for Gabs today and she can be quite bad at getting wind up.

I sat her on my knee one hand behind her neck and one hand under the soles of her feet and then lay her down flat and brought her back to a sitting position and as I did I would bring her legs up to her stomach. Then continue with the usual rubbing and patting of her back. It seemed to bring up those troublesome bubbles you can hear inside but never get out. I usually try to burp her 3-4 times per feed so it doesn't back up.
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 7:39am
Morning ladies, Dawn hope you are feeling good this morning and got some sleep, sleep helps solve everything I find!!

We have had a sh*tty day here yesterday, Ben who has had a cold for the past week has given it to Sophia , who had a fever all afternoon and runny nose, I rang healthline who told me to ring my mw, who did the whole, strip her off, tepid bath etc. Her temp came down to 37.4 but still to high so I spent the day stressing about her.

She still sleeping now but I'll take her temp when she wakes and hopefully its down again....very stressfull! and Ben is being a monster which i can forgive him for as he is sick but hmmmmmmmm testing my patience big time! if he squeals or yells again this morning I might have to put him in the bin..

Breathe Emma............

Sophia had a great night sleep( well shes ill...) and only woke twice and went bak to sleep afetr 30 minute feed so I can't moan. Oh our trip out yesterday was a mistake...too soon...everyone too ill, I got back and was bleeding heavily , so maybe we will stay home until next week!

Hope you ladies are having a better time of it and new mamas Daphne and Christy are enjoying staring at your beautiful bubbas, I still can;t take my eyes of Sophia shes perfect

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 9:53am
Oh Emma you poor thing. Yep I reckon hide away for a few days and take it easy. Having a sick household at anytime is stressful enough let alone with a new bubba and mum with hormones running rampant!

Thankfully my milk came in last night, but man I forgot how big (and sore) your boobs get! Thankfully Lili is quite a thirsty wee girl so is helping alot. Saw my midwife yesterday, she said Lili is a little jaundiced so have to make sure she doesn't go too long between feeds (not really an issue there) and I have to bake her in the sun for 10 minutes twice a day - turning once lol!

No I can't take my eyes off Lili either, I think its cos her hair is so dark (and eyes so blue) and I'm used to my little blond boy. Speaking of, Ollie is an absolute darling with his sister. He is so gentle and gets all concerned when she starts crying. I heard him go up to her yesterday and say (what sounded like) 'it's alright' in a soothing voice
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:32am
We had a much better night last night (didn't use the gripe water all day, I was beginning to wonder if that was giving him pains instead of making things better and he was an angel). Liam went down at 8.30pm and woke at 2.00pm, down by 3.00am and woke at just before 6.00am and then he was down again from 6.30am and woke at 8.45am, and was just lying in his cot not even crying out for food. He was still grunting and groaning in his sleep but no cry outs. I had him back into bed at 10.15am so fingers crossed all goes well.

Daph isn't it cute what our little toddlers do with the bubs, Lockie loves giving kisses and cuddles and waves bye bye to Liam.

DH away for the night tonight and back tomorrow night thank goodness MIL in coming around to help out. I still haven't managed to get my head around looking after two around the tea time period especially seen Liam has chosen that time to cluster feed.

I can't remember Lockie being a cluster feeder, how long does this last for anyone know???

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:36am
It's ooh so quiet! The girls are asleep in there rockers and there's no one else here wanting to pick them up for a cuddle at the hint of a whimper.
Today is an official blob day in this house and tomorrow I'll start being more productive... maybe I'll wait til Monday

Eimear had one of her rare alert times (she wouldn't wind but was happy in her nappy) at 3-5am last night It did mean that she got to say goodbye to her grandparents before they left for the airport. However not so good for Mummy as she had to feed Aoife at 6am. Thankfully they're back in sync again with them both waking at 9 for breakfast.

We put the girls down for the night after their 10pm feed. We have a cot downstairs and one upstairs so just take them up when we go to bed. Plus they seem to cluster feed between 6 and 10. We'll see how it goes now with less distractions.
Typically they sleep 11-2, 3-6 and 7-9. We do a nappy change at each feed. I think I'll skip that at the 2am feed if there's no poos as they wake up wanting fed but go back to sleep immediately after.

Sometimes I let Eimear sleep on cos I'm sure she could go much longer at night but she always wakes just I finish Aoife so DH only has to wake to bring Eimear down to me while I end up being up for 2 hours during the night.
Back to waking her up I think

ETA: fix typos and to say boy I can ramble on sometimes!

Edited by tishy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:48pm
I seem to be getting the cluster feeding from 4pm till about 8.30pm. I'm not sure on how to handle this, do I just keep feeding him without a break or every hour if he doesn't go down to sleep? Do I make sense at all??

Trish - yip Liam is wrapped by he seems to be able to get out of it sometimes. Between 3am & 6am last night he had managed to get both arms out and just now I see he has got one arm out. I think he could be one of the bubs that don't like the whole wrapping thing, whereas Lockie loved it and we didn't stop wrapping him until he was 10 months old, and that was when he decided he didn't want to as we had tried it and he just wouldn't settle unless he got out himself.

Edited by Mummy2one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:53pm
Emma - hope things are better in your household this morning and everyone is feeling better at least just a little bit.

Got both boys down at the mo so long may it last, I'm hoping Liam will have a good sleep this time, as his sleep at 10am was only 45 mins and I think he woke due to wind.

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:17pm
Hope everyones days are going well, and everyone's 'wind' issues are improving!! I'm glad you found the osteopath helpful Tishy, I've booked Rohann in not for anything in particular but mainly because I had such a long pushing stage I thought it might be beneficial (and it might help her day sleeps, she can be quite restless during the day, but sleeps brilliantly at night). I also know I was a foceps baby and when I was a child I used to get sick all the time, my mother took me to a chiropractor and it turns out that my neck had been 'out since I was born, and once it was fixed I didn't get sick like I used to before.

Does anyone know when the hormone spots go away?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 273>