FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 273>
Author
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:49am
Well I cant believe it's almost been a week since Maddi was born. Shes been so easy (I think especially after Keira was so difficult) I dont know what shes sleeping at night.. She usually has 3 feeds probably every 2-3 hours but I'm usually only awake for 10 minutes and then end up falling asleep, so not feeling too tired at the moment. Feeding is way easier than I remember from last time, I atcually feel like I have milk and shes getting lots to drink, mw doesnt think she would have lost too much weight. I really hope shes stays such a placid baby.
Keiras been generally pretty good with the baby, she loves to sing to her - Maddi likes it too, and is telling her about everything. I think this morning she woke up a bit grumpy and told us she wanted to 'throw maddi away now' DH has taken her out to playgroup this morning so hopefully she'll come back a lot happier and not so mean to Maddi.
I better go check on the sleeping baby before the others return and the house is no longer quiet.
Hope you all have a good day and these babies are all well behaved for their mummies

Sponsored Links

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:58am
Just thought I'd pop some pics up....cos they're just too cute!

laurenw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 12:35pm
Hi, I just had my first bubs - Jaxon on the 23rd March...just wondering if anyone has any good tips for winding, cause after feeding him after the initial burp I can't seem to get much more out of him?
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 12:44pm
Daizy - what gorgeous photos!! You have such beautiful girls! I wish we had more photos of Rohann in those first 2 weeks but it was so hard as she was so often crying due to lack of food, and now we are snap happy she's got those darn spots!!!
Thanks for your kind words Mummydee and Tishy it has been tough, but I do know I'm doing the right thing for my wee girl.
Yay for Ollie having a good sleep Muumydee, hope you all have fun at music.
Tishy, at this age feeding and winding etc that IS 1 on 1 time with your girls and as they get older and are awake longer and you are feeling more rested you will get more and more of that precious time. It's funny I always have said I would love twins (I think it's an only child thing ) and while I still think it would be great, after I had Rohann (and especially with her being so unsettled) I did say to DH that I was relieved I'd only had one!!! So I admire you Tishy (and all other parents of multiples), you are doing a fab job!
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 12:46pm
Hi Lauren,congratulations on the arrival of Jaxon and welcome to Oh Baby! I meant to say if you look earlier on in this thread, some of the others were talking about winding problems.
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 1:57pm
Welcome to OhBaby Lauren, I'm not much help with wind problems, I find giving Maddi to DH to be burped seems to work best for me, He seems to have the touch.
We have been taking soo many photos latley, I think we lost most of Keiras photos from the first few months so I guess we are making up for it with Number 2. The photos we do have of Keira she seems to be screaming in all of them so its nice to get some happy ones of Maddi.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 2:30pm
Welcome to Ohbaby Lauren and congrats on the birth of Jaxon. Sorry I'm not much help with wind, both my babies seem to wind themselves pretty much - and if they don't get it out sraight away it doesn't seem to worry either of them it just comes out later.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:05am
Hi Lauren welcome to OhBaby and congrats on little Jaxon. Wind is a pain, I am finding that it is getting better touch wood. If you look back earlier on in this thread you will find some recommendations.

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:07am
Only one thing to say this morning zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Sophia was up feeding from 1am onwards....ouch!! do they have growth spurts around 2 weeks!!!

Off to playgroup...zzzzz... today could be a challenge!

Hope someone else was up in the early hours keeping me company!

laurenw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:23am
hi all.. jaxon had an oksleep last night, only had to get up to him at 2.30 and 3.45, but had him in bed with me for his early feed, he fell asleep and then next thing you know Power Chuck!!. Thankfully nothing went on the bed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:26am
Well let me see what did last night bring. Liam was down about 8.45pm, then up at 12.30am, back down by 1.30am and then he woke at 4.30am back down by 5am but only to wake again at 6.15am. I then decided nope not getting up yet and gave him a feed in bed and he feel asleep until 7.30am. Finally got him back down at 9.50am.

Now a question for you ladies with toddlers, how the hell do you get out the door with a newborn. I'm still trying to get my head around how I am going to eventually do this?

Right off for a shower while I can.

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:54pm
We had a pretty good night last night, Maddi was awake at 12 and 4 then 8. I dont manage to stay awake through her feeds so I only loose 5 minutes each feed, not quite a full nights sleep but pretty close.

We went out for the first time today, the rain has finally taken a break so we decided to head down to playgroup. Was really nice to let Keira run off and play and Maddi just slept the whole time.
Saw another baby due the same time as Maddi but was born 3 weeks early and she seemed soooo small next to my chubby baby. Seeing the mw this afternoon for her 1 week check up. Cant wait to find out her weight, I'm sure she's still big.

I still have no idea how to get out of the house with a baby and todler, I guess I'll find out next week when DH has to go back to work. I took us almsot an hour longer this morning to get both ready and that was with DH's help.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 2:43pm
I'm not looking forward to trying to organise a newborn, toddler and myself! My one day where I had to do everything myself we were just at home and that was mission enough. eek now I'm picturing trying to chase a toddler while holding a newborn!

We were just at a birthday party for a 2yr old. She is the first of our antenatal group babies to turn 2. It was lovely to see how all the kids have grown and see them interact together (and generally this was done relly nicely!). They were actually all really good. I thought Ollie would be a nightmare as he woke again last night and then didn't really sleep properly after that. But he was an angel (other than at nappy changing time of course). He fell asleep in the car on the way home but woke when Stu was trying to transfer him. Great, now we'll have a grumpy toddler later in the day. Arrgh. At least Lilia is being good!

Christy - Maddi is just gorgeous!! And I love the family pic too
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:22pm
daphne the trick is to leave the toddler strapped into his carseat until you have completely finished getting the baby organised...i had a double buggy when i had them both for in the beginning tho - picked up a cheap one from TM...it was a godsend till gabriel decided he wanted to walk more. then i found toddler reins great, or more specifically the wrist strap. Once tho i had attached the long strap from my baby bag to gabriels pants and had kept the other end on the bag which was over the pram and whil paying at the counter of farmers gabriel attempted to run away and had the whole pram on the floor. ended up with both kids screaming and we feeling like a dill!!!

also it pays to get ready the night before for going out and plan to get out the door half an hour earlier cause you know the baby will need changing at the last minute...

well those are some of the things i did anyway... they may help you, or not...!!!

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:22pm
Love the pics Christy. Maddi is adorable.

It's been a pretty good day today we had an Orthopedic appointment to check the girls hips and everything was ok.
We also had a Plunket visit today. Eimear weighs 4.21kgs (9lbs4ozs) and Aoife 3.55kgs(7lbs4ozs). Eimear only gained 350gs in 2 weeks whereas Aoife gained 610gs.
We're putting it down to the horrendous screaming and winding issues we had with Eimear which would have limited her weight gain.

I've been feeding Eimear without the nipple shield since yesterday and her wind issues seem to have disappeared! yay! Clever girl! 1 down and 1 to go
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:26pm
Thanks Debs! I'll definitely need to be more organised I think. And lol at the Farmers incident
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:13pm
It's Rohann's 1 month birthday today - I can not beleive how fast that time has gone by!

Rohann is having a bit of an unsettled day today, I wonder if she is having a growth spurt as she is feeding and sleeping without much 'play' time and when she is awake she is quite clingy.

Tishy - here you are with Eimear weighing 2oz more than what Rohann did at birth (I was not expecting such a big baby!)!! She was also weighed today and is at 5kg!!

Edited by Tiff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 5:37pm
Okay so get organised the night before I will have to remember that.

Christy - that is excellent being able to sleep through feeds. Do you have her co-sleeping with you?

What sort of turn around are your babies doing during the day? I know all will probably be different but sometimes it takes me 2 hours to get Liam settled, he so fights his sleep. Once he goes down though he sleeps for at least 3 hours usually.

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:02pm
Just saw the mw and Maddi has put on 10g in the first week, yay!! Keira lost heaps in the first week and we had to give her formula top ups so its nice to know Maddi is doing well and getting lots of milk.

We just gave her her first bath, which she really liked, wasnt too keen on getting out and getting dressed again.

We try and sleep her in her own bed right next to ours but has ended up sleeping with us most of the night as I am too asleep to remember to put her back. It freaked me out the first few nights cos I would completley forget about her

Her day routine is pretty random at the moment, today she slept 10-1 had a quick feed then slept till 4 shell probably have some awake time this evening and do lots of feeding so she will sleep tonight. Shes pretty good at falling asleep on her own, although she is only a week old.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:57pm
Lilia is fairly random at the moment too, or maybe it's cos I'm not so good at keeping track of it! She can have quite long awake times during the day though she is usually happy. The only time she cries is if she is hungry (or I'm changing her nappy and she is nice and warm!). Night time is 45min to an hour max. I think I keep track of it at nighttime because I'm watching the clock wanting to go back to bed .

Oh and sleeps tend to be 3-4 hours day or night.

Edited by mummydee
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 273>