FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBirthdays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 5:15pm
Oh my goodness Susanry,
I am so sorry. I have been tolfd that it never gets easier, you just get better atr handeling it.

I am coming up to my Daughters EDD on the 4th October, I think it won't be to hard but I think her Birthday will be hard. We have her at home with us in a teddy bear.

Did you go onto have more children?
Again I am so sorry for the loss of your little one.

Sponsored Links

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2008 at 8:59am
Oh Susanry, that is so sad for yu, I honestly don't know how you would get through it. I like the idea of the candle and the music.
I hope that you are coping, I don't think you can ever actually get over losing a child.

Take care

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
KodysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KodysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 9:13pm
Hi,

My partner and I lost our lil boy Kody on the 27st May this year at 6 days old.

We've been thinking of seeing if we can get a photo screen printed on balloons and letting them go on his birthday, also sending one to those who can't make it (most of my partners family lives in Auz).

We not ready to bury his ashes yet so they sit with all his photos.

We're thinking of trying again soon and want to know how you're coped with your subsequent pregnancy(s), (I also had a miscarrage back in June 07) ?

Jo
xoxTonixox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxTonixox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 8:37pm
Hi Jo
I dont post very often at all but see you asked regarding subsequent pregnancies and coping.
My lil boy was stillborn Christmas eve 06 and I am currently 34wks pregnant, it has been hard and I personally immediately wanted to get pregnant after loosing him but found waiting a year till after "Deegans day" (I dont like the term bday or anniversary) helped alot for me to grieve and ensure I was prepared. This pregnancy has been made harder by babys dad ending things when I was 16wks but I have alot of support to get me through.
I do find the question coming up atm
"are u excited?" very hard to answer as although I am I am very guarded by the fact anything can happen but fingers crossed all will be ok...
Sorry to ramble but thought u asked so I would be honest.
I also am not ready to bury or scatter his ashes so keep them by his photo, candle etc
Toni xox
KodysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KodysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 9:01pm
Toni,

Yea I am excited but scared at the same time to try again, only cuz I've been thru 2 diff types of losses.

The "are you excited?" question is rather hard, I tried to not get too excited at the beginning of Kody's pregnancy as I didn't want to be let down with another miscarriage, but once I was past that point I thought sweet I'm having a bubba, even thou I had done some reading and knew about other things that could happen, never thought it would happen to me thou.

Jo

maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 2:31pm
Jo & Toni,

My goodness what a year. I am so sorry for both of your losses.

I personally know just how hard it is.

Jo I gave birth to Anika on the 7th May, I was very much I want to get pregnant straight away. As Anika was my 3rd pregnancy I know only to well how fragile pregnancy is and how easy it is to have your heart broken.

I am currenly 10 weeks pregnant, feeling great.
Am I excited???? Sure, i am also scared, terrified I am going to give birth to a baby that has already fallen alseep. I am doing this pregnancy very different, I am just taking things day by day, what else can you do?

I think you know when you are ready to start trying again, you just know and I strongly believe that.

Take some comfort in knowing that we are all here and we have 1st hand experience, if you need to talk cry, type scream then just come online.

I wish you all the very best in the future. Toni good luck not long now, do you know what you are having? I will have everything crossed for you.

GGsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 9:52pm
Hi All, just thought I would share my thoughts/feelings with you. I am sorry to learn of your losses. I lost my first born in January this year, she was stillborn at 26 weeks gestation. I am pregnant with our second (also a wee girl) and am 28 weeks now. I am terrified. Sometimes I feel that we didnt wait long enough, then sometimes I think that it wouldnt have made a difference in the time, its always going to hurt.   I miss my wee girl so much - today is actually her 9 month angel day. I have no idea what we are going to do for her 1 year Angel Day, I am not one for gardening at all. I just dont know. Anyway - there's my jumbled thoughts. Oh, am I excited? No. I am scared.   I also got told by someone the other day that I will find being a mum an awesome experience. I answered with "I have been a mum since January" This person knew about my wee GG, just didnt acknowledge her.   Sorry this has rambled on a bit, but I am very tired!!
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 8:21pm

Hey GGs Mum, I know exactally how you feel, I was just the same when I was preg with Lachie. And now I do love being a mum but I was mum to my 2 oldest boys first and nothing will every take that away, I usually mention them in conversation. We have told a few people about this preg who did not know use earlier and they ask, is this your second and I always say, non actually this will b my 4th, I lost 2 at 20 weeks and then I had Lachie. It sometimes seems to make people uncomfortable but it is not about them it is about being true to my special boys.

I have just found out I am preg again and even after everything went well with Lachie I am still terrified. My midwives have alway been really understanding and have been great with organising eaarly scans etc to set my mind a little more at ease, but I will never be relaxed, I don't think that anyone is and it is even worse if you have experienced loss.

Take care fo yourself

Sarahlou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarahlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 3:59pm
Hi guys,

you all seem so strong, which puts me at ease knowing that I will start to get stronger one day too... My husband and I lost our little baby boy Ryan last week on the 15th Oct I was 24 weeks. We had been trying for 4 years and ended up having to do IVF, we were SO excited when the first embryo worked... but we had nothing but heart ache from the 12 weeks scan were I was put at high risk for Downs... that test came back clear and then at our 20weeks scan they picked up that our little man had a very serious heart problem which would require endless surgery and at 15 a heart transplant. So we had to make the hardest decision of our lives..... I miss Ryan so much my heart is aching, he was so perfect when he arrived! a tiny 1lb 1oz he looked so peaceful, I feel so bad that I did what I did but I know it was the kindest thing for Ryan.....

Anyway, I dont mean to go on. I just wanted to let you all know that you have given me strenght to get through this knowing it will get easier.

Edited by Sarahlou

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 8:01pm
Sarahlou,

I am so, so sorry to hear about your beautiful boy. We went through a similar situation almost a year ago and know how heartbroken you must be right now. Sending you lots of love and strength, and please feel free to PM me if you ever want to.

xxx

maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 10:38pm
Sarahlou,
Bless Ryan's little heart, that decision must have been the hardest thing you will ever have to go through in life.
We didn't have to make that choice our wee girl was taken from us.
How are you going? As a Mum?

I am sending you lots of love and strength. It never gets easier you just learn new ways to deal with the loss of Ryan.
Keep him close to your heart.
I would love to see a photo of him.

Sarahlou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarahlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:27am
Maudie23

As a mum Im feeling completely and utterly lost... in the mornings when I get up I just dont know what to do with myself, Ryan was an IVF baby so I havent been working since christmas last year because of the stress of that...... this pregnancy has been my life up until last week it all I eveer thought about! and now I have nothing only the precious memories of our little man. I must sound really selfish but thats not enough for me, we wanted this little guy more than anything in the world and now he's gone. We defenitly want to have another baby as soon as Im ready, but it really scares me that this may happen again and when will I ever be ready?? My midwife took some photos of Ryan, Im yet to see them myself... that will be really hard for me, but I can't wait to see him again because Im already forgetting what he looks like......

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 8:16am

Sarahlou, hugs it is the hardest decision you will ever make. I have been there as well. Until you are in the situation you really can't even imagine.

Give yourself plenty of time, and it takes lots. You will start to feel better but never the same. Ryan will alway be your first born, just like my boys and nothing can take that away. Talk about him as much as you can, I think it really helps with the healing process. Our boys come up in the conversation most days, esp now that I am preg again (and once again terrified!)

It is great that your midwife has photos for you. The hospital also has some of our boys which I have not seen but one day I will. I think I will know when the time is right.

Take care of yourself and let your emotions out, even if other people feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

megs 08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 5:54pm
I too lost a baby in Jan of this year. Due to massive amounts of blood clots in my placenta he stopped growing around 19 weeks and was eventually stillborn at 26 weeks. Sarahlou I know exactly how you feel, initially I wondered if life would ever return to "normal", if my friends would stop acting strangely around be becuase they didn't know what to say, and if I would ever be happy again. When my son died I was told that with time things would get better, I could not comprehend how this would possibly be the case. He's the first thing I think of when I wake up and I go to sleep missing him and wishing I'd chosen to hold him. But strangely they have gotten better, I can't say that I go more than a day or two without crying, I still can't bear looking at other people's babies (especially if they are asleep) but I've actually managed to have moments in the last few months where I've been happy.

I am now 35 weeks pregnant, yep 2 babies in one year! This baby (also a boy) is going well, he's healthy and everything is tracking for a "normal" birth. Yes I'm anxious, so much so that I was having scans every week to 10 days until I could feel him moving. I still worry and panic that somthing will happen to this baby but I am trying to stay positive. I won't believe everything is ok until this wee guy is in my arms!

I talk about my 1st son as much as I can, and if people ask if it's my 1st (not that they want to hear the answer) I honestly tell them it's not. Talking about your baby is so helpful in so many ways and I thinks it helps in making them live on in the memories of your friends and family.

xx
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:45am

Oh Megs, how sad. Not long for you to go now! I hope that you are feeling good. I love that you tell people that this is your second, that is what I do, and it does sometimes make people uncomfortable but i like to acknowledge all of my boys

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:40pm
big hugs to you all ladies,
my BFF ,s 2nd baby girl was born sleeping and it was awfull the way some of our other friends reacted to it or ignored it and avoided her..
she would have been 7 last month

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Moo Moo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moo Moo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 4:09pm
I have only joined up today so not sure how this all works but here goes!
I can totally relate to friends ignoring and avoiding you. We lost our second child July 2007 at 31 weeks (stillborn due to cord accident). I have been totally blown away by peoples reactions to our stillbirth. I think people find it hard to speak to you about loosing your baby so instead they tend to just ignore you or avoid you which for us who have suffered the tragic loss is the worst thing they could possibly do. It seems like everyone elses lives carry on (which they do) but we have this empty void in our lives which consumes us every day. I still struggle hugely with peoples reactions and sometimes totally tactless coments. On the other hand I have had a couple of people that I don't know that well who have gone out of their way to mention my stillborn babies name and ask me how I am doing - that has been really nice and their kindness sticks in my mind.
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 10:07pm

NIce to see you Moo Moo, losing a baby at any stage is one of the hardest things ever and I guess if you have not been through it it would be hard to relate but like you said it does not actually take much to acknowledge the baby and your loss and it means so much. What was your babies name?

Edited by Jessica

xoxTonixox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxTonixox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 3:21pm
Hi all
Jus been through xmas with my new lil girl (born 03/11/2008) but also through the 2nd anniversary of Deegans day which is xmas eve.
I made his fairy garden last year (also note I am not a gardner in any shape or form but the plants in his garden seem 2 survive, like he is looking after them) this year I decided to have bubbles and balloons for my lil angel above.
I spent the day at home and blew bubbles in his garden and basically every where I could all day and at the time he came into this world an angel I lit his candle and then went outside and released 2 balloons...
NB The last few weeks of my pregnacy were the hardest but if I was worried at all my midwife was happy 2 answer any concern and the hospital had me a couple of times for monitoring purely to put my mind at ease, the birth itself was really good as I was induced and so closely looked after (even put in the delivery room right outside the nurses station) So to all who have concerns it is hard but worth it in the end.
RIP all baby angels and keep on trucking all the mummy n daddys out there
xox

WOAH sorry loooooon post!
Saffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 4:18pm
Hi everyone,

7 years ago today my little boy passed away in the NICU. I guess as you'll all know well, it's an understatement to say that it's a sad day eh? Selfishly I am grateful that it will always fall on a Public Holiday so I don't have to be at work!

I found out this week I'm pg so that's exciting and scary!

Edited by Saffy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>