FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy VBA2Cs Home Waterbirth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 12:17pm
Thanks hippymama but that link isnt working for me

Edited by melnel

Sponsored Links

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 2:46pm
Mel, if it's useful to you I can share my attempted homebirth story at some stage if you like? We ended up transferring, but I'm so glad we tried at home first. And the transfer wasn't as bad as I'd feared either.
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 4:39pm
Hmmm... not sure why the link did that, very odd!

But here it is again, you'll have to copy and paste into your browser window though melnel :)

http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/04/this-brilliant-article-was-written-by.html
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 4:48pm
CONGRATS to 4thtymlucky and Becs, looking forward to seeing both your birth stories!

Mel, I'll PM you later, I've got lots of resources you might be interested in, seems we've been going through a similar research process

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

Ladies, when you have some time I would love some help.

Over time I am realising if I really want the chance to birth in the water then I am going to have a home birth, but DH is very anti the idea.

He is worried about things going wrong and I just dont know how to explain things to him so he understands where I am coming from and a pointer to some reference material would be great!

TIA

Hey Mel,
for reference there is a great book called Silent Knife which has a lot of statistics & references to actual studies. Google is also pretty good too and well of course there are those of us here who have done the home waterbirth thing ourselves

My Hubby was very anti the idea as well but I just made it VERY clear to him how important it was for me. My mum was also quite anti the idea but she actually spoke to my midwife about it before the big event and was alot happier afterwards to support my decision.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 1:20pm
Bumping for a friend

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
4thtymlucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4thtymlucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 7:59am
I did the same as Toni and made it clear to hubby that a Homebirth was the best choice for me. Mum was anxious too and cried throughout the labour but she was very happy once bubs came and I recovered well from the birth. We're expecting another bubs on Sunday the day after our son's first birthday hehehe (lol, due date Boxing Day) and we we are preparing for another HB. I can't wait I'm so excited I've told hubby to set up the birth pool first thing Monday as we need the space for this weekend's birthday and Xmas celebrations. All the best everyone
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:19am
It is great being able to have the next baby naturally as well.
2 c-sections & then 2 normal births for me.

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345