FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2008 Mum’s and bub’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 448>
Author
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:09pm
We have a Mazda MPV, its great for fitting carseats and luggage and buggies etc, used to have a Honda Odyssey but not so good with two carseats and other kids trying to get to the back seat.
Rrrr tried to add the kids on my ticker but you cant get more than two on there! lol poor McKenzie and Taylor will have to miss out :p

Sponsored Links

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 9:24am
Its a little sad when our group disappears so I better post to keep it there, we see what most people are up to through facebook anyway.
Not such a fan of people movers, thankfully we don't need one just yet, buit I think once we expand our family further we might just get a van.

Hope everyone is good and those babies are behaving themselves. Sometimes I hold a newborn baby and get a little clucky but not so much that I wouldget pregnant now, will probably wait until next year sometime.
I got to watch a c-section the other day at work and it was pretty neat, (not the actual section part ewwwwww.)
The baby coming out part and the the new dad coming over looking completely overwhelmed, very cool.

I tripped over holding Lewis 2 weeks ago and hurt my shoulder pretty bad, but we were going to the park and James would not be deterred even though I was in pain, anyway I went to the Physio and he sent me to have an x-ray and Ultrasound which i finally got last thursday and wouldn't you know it I've actually broken my arm! I think that just proves how tough mums can be, It doesn't hurt much, but I'm a little worried about getting full strength back so I'm going to see the dr today, I should be resting it as much as posible but, have you ever tried to change a wriggling childs nappy with one hand? doubt thats going to work!
Anyway I can hear choas in the kitchen so I better go
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 7:51pm

Oh my goodness you broke your arm and didn't know you are tough.

All is well here, I guess since nearly everyone is on their 2nd now we are all just busy busy mums.

No plans for anymore babies for us, I am ok with this, DH is set on two, I am happy with two if he really wanted more I could be persuaded but i'd need to be persuaded.

Lachie is good, i'm sure he is slightly more needy than Fin was but its hard to tell selective memory, he is by far a better sleeper, 13 hours a night, but a chronic day cat napper.

Can you believe 3rd birthdays are not far away

][/URL]

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 8:05pm
Good to see you guys posting! I miss our conversations!
Can't believe you carried on with a broken arm you are one tough mamma! We r still struggling with tt, got to the point where Jax was goin on the potty when I put him there, managing to do all number 2s there so I thought we should start with wearing undies, brought about 30 pairs and some spare trousers. He wet through 10 undies the first day and now I can't cope with trying another day, I think the difficulty is that he doesn't tell me when he wants to go. We have been using the potty for four weeks now, am so frustrated!
I also now know why Jackson and Levi don't sleep, I have a hormonal imbalance due to pcos that means I produce too much milk which means baby gets more foremilk than hindmilk meaning they are unsettled and feed more often also makes them poo more, I'm now feeding only from one side each feed but it's not making any difference so far :( am so jealous of all the other mums in our April forum as most of the babies sleep 8hrs Levi sleeps 4-4.5 at the most at night :( sorry very glum post from me!!! Had a bad day!

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 4:45pm
Oh TJ, I had babies that didn't sleep so I feel your pain, just repeat, "it is a season, it will pass" 50 times a day and by the time he is 6 months everything will seem much better. How interesting about your hormonal imbalance, isn't it amazing what people can discover? Hopefully it will start working, maybe because your body is so used to only making foremilk, that it just needs so time to start making lovely rich hind milk.

Our TT is not happening so much either, and we have been doing it for months and months, some weeks it will be great and James will go to the toilet when he needs to, but lately he I think he just doesn't care or is too busy to go and doesn't really mind if he runs around with wet undies. I'm so tempted to put him back in nappies, bnut I'm pretty sure that won't help matters. And if I try to get him top go on the toilet, the tantrums he throws are crazy.

Super jealous about your 13 hrs, fi, what a good boy., and I know only like 3 months until they are 3!!! very exciting.

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:47am

JoJames sorry about broken arm not fun with two little ones

No TT training here she outright refuses  

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:15pm
Hey everyone! Just a quick post to say hi! I am super busy these days, been working fulltime since August last year when DH took over the at-home-parent job, now he's just started back working so its even busier!!

Both the girls are great - Lily is a great big sister to Greta - can't believe in a few months Lily will be 3 and Greta will be 2, where has the time gone?!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:31pm
OH MAN!!! I just cant believe our babies are growing up so big :(

Well its been a while since i posted in here. been missing you guys lately but love seeing the goss & news through Facebook :)

Boys are doing great, Vincent will be FIVE in August :( :( :( :( David is getting on really well too. Cant wait til he starts kindy as he is going to absolutely love it.

I am once again a single mum but much happier than i have been in a long time once again. Boys live with me four days a week & three with their dad. it works really well at the moment with me working part time again. I have started looking after a little girl three days a week too which is absolutely lovely. I am LOVING the girly cuddles :D :D :D :D

Am in a nice little rental that holds the heat well when it is warm which is good & we are all settling in really well to the new routine.

Cant think what else to update with but great to hear from you all :)

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:00pm
Great to hear from all of you :)

Wow Jo, I can't believe you didn't know you'd broken your arm! Toughy! I hope it's not giving you too much grief now. Cool that you got to see a C-section!

Fi, that's great that you get 13 hours overnight, I can't believe our babies are nearly 3 as well!!!

TJ, I hope things improve for you soon.

Emma, you sound like you're keeping very busy! Does DH enjoy his home duties? Wowee, I can't believe Greta is nearly 2 already!

Chonny, you sound so happy! Very glad to hear it chick. Crikey, Vincent is nearly 5???!!!!!

All is good here, I'm over being pregnant, I am really uncomfortable and my pelvic bone *really* hurts, thank goodness it's only another 7 weeks (or there abouts).
Jody is a sweetie most of the time. We are having a lot of success with TTing, it took months and months and months but suddenly she just gets it! The last few days she's had the runs real bad but that seems to have helped with TTing for some reason, she will now go poos on the toilet! So have hope ladies, it will happen ONE day
littlekiwis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlekiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 9:06pm
Well, I've been VERY slack and not posted in here since....i found out I was pregnant.

oops that was like ages ago.

WHAT Jolene, you didn't tell me you broke your arm, and what happened to you coming over this week. lol I know I didn't make it very easy with only being free on monday.

ooh Amby, not long now. how exciting.

I had a MW app today and she couldn't find the heartbeat so booked me in for a scan tomorrow. I'm a bit worried now, she was a bit worried as I havn't been feeling as sick as I was with the other 2, but hey cant I actualy get over morning sickness like "normal" people. and anyway, all avo I have been sick as so its not really gone away at all. scan is at 12 so hoping and praying that everything is ok. I think I felt bubs move tonight so really hoping it was movement and not wind. lol

TT is pretty much sorted with Brylie. sometimes she will have accidents when shes too busy or having a TANTY. grrr all over the carpet in her room. but not usually.

Elijah is keeping me busy. hes such a little mover. and has discovered that he can move the little chairs to get to places that he wants to climb up on.

lol about the catching up on facebook. I'm a bit of an addict (to say the least) lol.

Lydia
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 1:29pm
I hope your scan went well, Lydia.
Haha, you are so a FB addict :P
Wow, Elijah is climbing now?? Haha, Jody has *just* worked that out
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 4:29pm
Hi ladies,
Just got a message from Lydia, she can't get onto OB for some reason. Sadly her scan showed that bub passed away at about 13 weeks .
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 4:39pm
double post

Edited by Chickoin
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 5:34pm
Oh Lydia, thinking of you guys at this time hun :( i know how excited you were!

Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 8:18pm
Im so sorry for your loss Lydia!!

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
Katie_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 8:47am
Hi everyone!

Been seeing lots of notifications of posts lately so I thought I would stop in too!

I am so sorry Lydia. That's awful news! Sending mega hugs to you right now.

We moved house this week, finally! Closer to civilisation so I am loving it. I am going to be studying full time from next week getting my Real Estate sales license back again (I had it years ago when I did property management) So I will be joining the work force in a big way in the next few months! Dh is staying at home and looking after the boys and working part time. . will be great fun!

Our 'little' kids are getting so big!! Most of you have more than one now too! You big legends! It's cool to read up a little bit about how everyone is getting on. :)

Ash is doing really good, we are still co-sleeping.hehe. He wakes me up at 5 though so I am not loving it. . but whatever, he goes to sleep really well and sleeps all night so I am NOT complaining. Boy I never thought he would ever learn to love sleep. Sorry to hear that some of you are getting no sleep! I agree with Jo. It will pass!! (even though it seems like it never will)

We are going to set up his own room now though, and Kaspar gets a double bed and Ash can have his old one. :) Wonder how that will go!

EEek I best change my tickers. . our net has been playing up so I hope I can stay on to do it. Ash isn't going to be a big brother at all!

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 12:33am

Lydia so sorry for your loss 

Not much happening here!  Kaitlyn is talking so much it is so cool having these little conversations with her. I have been teaching her My name is Kaitlyn and she will sometimes say My name is Troublette which is what Dh and I call her sometimes  or her brothers name or good boy Silly kid!

Still no go with TT     I am going to give it a go when summer comes along and do a reward thing like we did with DS.

I am having a hard time that we are going to have 3 year olds soon   We are doing a McDonalds thing just invite my two nieces and  Dh's cousin then have cake at home. We are in a rental for now and the house itself is just way too small to have a lot of people over.

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 7:40pm
Lydia I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( Big huge hugs to you guys, praying that you'll know God's strength through this tough time.

Kaitlyn's running around now and telling everyone what to do when (and if!) big sister allows. Great fun! Bethany discovered that the best way to get lots of attention once Kaitlyn took her first steps, was by taking herself to the toilet without any help... yay! Been a challenging couple of months as far as bugs go, we seem to be passing bugs around constantly. I think we've had one full week of no-one sick since May. Ah well, them's the breaks. Oh, and both my girls are currently gluten free, as I was concerned with the frequency and duration of sore tummies with Bethany. Since then, her #2s haven't been difficult for her at all, phew. Kaitlyn still struggles with food like banana, so I haven't dared introduce gluten yet.

Not long now, Amby! FX this bubs won't take as long to arrive as Jody did!!

Anyway, must fly, love to all xx

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 8:37pm

Oh Lydia!!! Just the biggest ever hugs to you!!!

Wow so good to see some more posts, the ohbaby group from when Lachie was born have a facebook group and it moves so fast I spend far too long on there.

We've had more bugs lately than I care to think about, you are so right about them bouncing round from one to the other.

Lachie is good, still sleeps well at night, varies in the day, he still acts like a newborn at times, unlike Fin he gets tired really quickly in the day, somedays he takes 5 or 6 naps and still sleeps all night.

He is also huge, I thought Fin was a big baby but Lachie is vast.

TT all done here, he's been dry for months, poos were hard, took teh gentle approach allowed him a nappy, then said he had to stand next the the toilet then on the toilet, then tried to take nappy away he held on the 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So told him he could have a nappy he instantly wanted to go, so I sneakily cut a whole in the nappy and he didn't notice and finally did it, never had an accident, he is far too private about toilet time.

][/URL]

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:39pm
Katie, that's great that Ash loves sleeping at last! Hooray! I hope your (re?)training goes well, it seems like a far off dream to go back to work for me. How is the art going?

Kiwigal, that's so cute, Troublette lol. Good plan to wait until summer to try TT. We were lucky enough to have the warmer weather here for just that little bit longer to get Jody into it. She's back to pooing her knickers but really, it's not much worse to change pooey knickers than a nappy. It is so scary that we are about to have 3 y/o's! Kind of glad that I'll have another baby soon to cuddle.

Kristy, sounds like your girls are going very well. Hopefully they both grow out of any intolerances they have. Jody is fine eating wheat and dairy now but she used to get really bad excema when she was younger. I hope the winter bugs move out asap!

Fi, I like your approach to poo training! May have to do something like for Jody. All that sleeping must be making Lachie grow grow grow! I hope your bugs go away soon too.

Still ticking along here. VERY over being pregnant now. Getting very sore and uncomfortable. It's going to be another big baby too, eek! Fundal height at 34 weeks was measured as 40 weeks which is very scary since Jody measured spot on all the way through and she was a McFatty. I think I may have to make the decision soon about whether to be induced early, wait, or have an elective c-s. Hard one because I know waiting would be best for bubs, but then it took me so long to recover from Jody's birth. Here's hoping baby just decides to come out soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 448>