FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2008 Mum’s and bub’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 443444445446447 448>
Author
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2011 at 12:40am
Still big and preggy here, have just had a very hot curry, the weather is wet and windy and there is a full moon, lets hope something makes me go in to labour!

It's been great reading what you've all been up to.

Kristy, I presume (HOPE!) Bethany's all better now. Did you find out what caused her temp?

Jess, I hope you get your baby soon. I really like your attitude, knowing that it's all part of God's plan. Yes, we're still in Aussie but have booked out tickets home for the start of Nov. Home for good!! Hooray!! It will be hard living on a tight budget again but worth it to be close to friends and family. Especially my best friend, I've missed her so much.

Jo, glad to hear your arm is healing nicely. CUTE about Lewis saying 'digger'! What a boy lol

TJ, sorry to hear about your stressful times, it seems like you're coming out of it now. Good on you and DH for going to counselling.

Jody's TT is the opposite, we get most wees in the toilet (she has just started putting her little seat on the toilet and getting her stepping stool by herself so it's a big novelty) but still not much success with poo. She will tell me her bum or 'baby' (tummy haha) is sore before but we can't quite get the timing right as it could be minutes or hours before poo arrives. She does tell us DURING the poo that she's doing it in her knickers. Oh well, better than painting the walls with it I guess!

Anyway, I was actually off to bed but checked in here to see if there were any posts and got myself side tracked

I will pop in here to announce baby's arrival but I'm sure someone will see it on FB and let everyone know by the time I'm out of hospital
Sponsored Links

Katie_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 7:56am
Hi everyone! Don't have much time to post but just wanted to say HIIIII!!!!

Yay for new babies!!! Can't wait for pics!!!!!!!

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 8:58am
Any baby yet Amby?

Can I ask a huge favor ladies? Could you please vote before midnight today for Levi for ohbaby of the day http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-day/vote-for-today's-winner
Would really appreciate it, we have some stiff competition with another baby from the April thread, Caden. I really want to win the merino go bag for a friend who currently has Jacksons one and I don't want to ask for it back, but if I had another one to give her it would be ok!

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 4:03pm
Have already voted for Levi

Hi Katie!

No baby yet. Dr wanted to induce me 7 days over and I told him no, he thinks I'm nuts. He said "over here we induce 7 days over" Lol, meanwhile I'm not quite brave enough to say "over here they have one of the highest rates of c sections in the world too" Going back on Tues and will get an S & S, then will start getting regular CTG monitoring after that. I think he's going to really pressure me to be induced 10 days over though.
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 9:07pm
I got excited when I saw you had posted Amby!

Stick to your guns, Jody was so late, the chances are this one will be too, not long to go now, sending huge spontaneous labour wishes your way. And everyone I know had way quicker and better labours with their than their first if that helps.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 10:32pm
Thanks Jo, it's so scary standing up to the medical professionals and going against their advice. Jody was late and she wasn't over cooked and the placenta was healthy as.

Lol, sorry I got you excited :P
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 12:04pm
oooo cant wait for new baby posts :D

had a exciting weekend here. Vincent had his fifth birthday party on saturday. was awesome and he had an absolute ball. his official birthday is tomorrow, going to be hard day i think as he lives with his dad still on tuesdays.

he starts school next monday which he is very excited about.

David cant wait til he goes to kindy and is ready already. if i had the money i would look at finding one he could go to until he gets in where i want him to be. but i am enjoying my times with him anyways.

Not much else to tell on this end. Spoke to my lawyer this morning & hopefully things will be finally getting under way to sort out the parenting stuff. i am struggling with knowing whether to go back to work or not.

oooo exciting news tho, i am looking at studying next year. i am hoping to do midwifery i think. either that or nursing. but if i do nursing i hve to do at least an extra semester as i dont have the qualifications to get straight in yet. but i am very excited about having something to focus on :D

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 6:33pm
Happy 5th birthday for tomorrow Vincent! I hope it's not too hard on you, Chonny xx Yay for school!
Very exciting that you're thinking about studying nursing or midwifery! I *think* you have to do some nursing first to be a mw? But I could be completely wrong. Good on you though!
I hope the shared parenting situation gets sorted fast. I take it things are not peachy between you and him?

Still no baby here. Going to get an S & S tomorrow I think then try and convince the Dr to 'let' me go to 42 weeks. It's only 2 days past his 'limit' anyway
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 9:43pm
Good luck Amby, still waiting to hear the baby news lol
Thanks for voting, unfortunately he didnt win but he had some pretty stiff competition.
Hope all is going well for everyone
Wow 5! Happy bday Vincent, hope you have a great day :)

littlekiwis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlekiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 10:05pm
yay, I can finally log in again.

soooo much to read and comment on. I dont even think I will try. :-)

really just popping in to say hi

body is back to normal from the MC and I'm ready to start TTC again. will see who fast it happens this time.

well off to bed. just a quick pop on

Lydia
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 7:56pm
It was looking really good when I first voted, TJ, bummer.

All the best for TTC, Lydia, I hope it's not too much of a wait and you get your little bundle of joy to celebrate before next summer xx

Didn't end up getting S & S today but Dr is happy to let me go until 41 + 6 so that's very good. Hormones are getting to me now, getting pretty tired, sore and teary. Jody is being very good at entertaining herself though while I just sit around trying to stay awake for her!
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 1:27pm
So I was just on FB having a look at Ambys page to see if she had had the baby or when she was getting induced and her hubby wrote...

yes shelbi was born yesterday a 4:31pm 4.73kg. So she must have gone on to have baby without been induced coz im sure she was getting induced today... Anyway CONGRATS Amby, I think we were all wrong coz im pretty sure we throught it was a boy and wat a great size

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:32pm
HOw very exciting!!!

Please let Amby know my absolute congrats to her & the family :)

Cant wait to hear the birth story & see the pics :D hope it went better this time for her thats for sure.

As for us, Vincent started school this week & they are already looking at putting him in an advanced class. for his year :) I am so proud of him. I get to drop him off for the first time tomorrow & cant wait. Was so lovely picking him up today & seeing the excitement in his eyes.

David is progressing with his communication & play levels every day which is so wonderful since he is the only one home all day every day now until he starts kindy.

How is everyone else going with Kindy sign ups etc?

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:37pm
by the way Fi & Sue, i will be in Wellington from 10th November til 15th November. If either of you would be interested in catching up i would love to her from you :)

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 4:33pm
Thanks girls :)
We're home now. I will post a birth story when I can sit (my poor bits!)
xxx
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 5:39pm
pleased to hear you home Amby :) Cant wit to see pics & hear ur story :D

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 4:10pm
What clever little boys you have, Chonny, you must spend a lot of time playing and talking with them

birth story :)
Yeap, a mighty 10lb 7 baby girl.
Was due for induction on Wed. Had my show and some period type pains on the mon night. Saw my Dr (who up until then was very unimpressed with me wanting to wait past 41 weeks!) and he asked me if we could induce on Thurs instead. I was delighted.
He did a quick, rough and painful S & S and sent us on our way.
12:30pm, I felt a strong BH, felt a bit different, but nothing to get excited about. Then another 5 mins later, and another. Kept up at 5 mins apart.
Mum was due to go to work at 2pm and I tried telling her to go, baby could still be a long way off and everyone will be home by 5:30pm. She kept fretting so I phoned the hosp just to see when I should go in. The lady said NOW!
Mum looked after Jody while DH and I went in.
By about 1:30 I was at hosp, getting mild contractions that I had started to breath through about 2 - 3 mins apart. MW told us we'll be staying.
Went to a ward room for about 10 mins then the mw told me I should be moved to the labour room.
Had a VE at about 3pm (I think, it's all pretty blurry!) and was 8cm.
Tried to have a shower and just got angry with it, I was shaking through contractions and felt I was losing control.
Lying on the bed, sucking gas and my waters broke at 3:55. There was meconium so had to go on CTG.
At about 4:18pm I told them I needed an epi but they told me baby will be here soon.
At 4:20pm I started pushing. The MWs were great and just let me push without instruction. I got most of the head out when she got stuck in my pelvis so a MW had to pull (blimmin' hard!!) on the baby while I pushed.
Shelbi Anne was born at 4:31pm. We waited for the cord to stop pulsating (not very long at all), the DH cut it. Had the jab for placenta and felt the urge to push that out too, 6 mins after bub.
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 7:35pm

Amby you and your big girlies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats lady that is awesome and she looks gorgeous on facebook - hope you are all getting some rest.

][/URL]

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 9:04pm
congrats Amby! You are awesome! She looks gorheous on the photos

I am in the UK at that time Chonny so cant meet up

all going well here - Isla is now 5kg (ha ha only a wee bit bigger than Shelbi at 4 1/2 months! I feel for you Amby carrying that load and pushing it out!

Catriona is just about TT now - been out a few times in undies and no accidents so fx for that. She uses the potty though as she cant get up to our toilet even with the step as she is so short!

thinking of you Lydia and sending lots of conceiving vibes your way . . .

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 6:22pm
Thanks ladies, we're getting the hang of it. I'm a bit nervous about DH going back to work but at least I'll have my mum here most of the time.

It's crazy how these older babes are the same size as my NB!

Yay for Catriona's TTing! It took a while for Jody to use the toilet, then we gave up so she went and did it all by herself lol, she even put her little seat on the toilet.

TTing has actually improved heaps here, Jody is now doing #2's in the toilet and since Shelbi arrived she hasn't had any poo accidents, just the occasional wee because she holds on for too long thinking she will miss out on something.

Wow, our little due Oct '08 babies are almost 3!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 443444445446447 448>