FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2008 Mum’s and bub’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448>
Author
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 9:28pm
Wow you are a star Amby, thats a one big baby :) she is sooo cute! Levi is around 6.2kgs and not quite 5 months, but he looks smaller than those pics lol
Great birth story too :)
Chonny I am in Wellington and should be around during that time if you want to meet up?
Hope everyone else is good?
Jackson has been at kindy since November last year and is now going two full days a week (8.30-2.30) he loves it and seems much more balanced having that stimulation in his week. We do seem to be picking up all sorts of yucky contagious things like coughs/colds, nits, conjunctivitis- you name it he seems to get it darn it!
Cant believe its almost his birthday! Where did those three years go?
Levi is now almost 5 months so will be starting solids soon :) He managed to sleep for 5 hours last night which was nice as we still havent been having much sleep.
Anyways enough of my blabbing...

Sponsored Links

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 10:32pm
TJ sounds like things have calmed down a little since your last post - so glad to hear that! I know what you mean about where have the last three years gone... I still can't figure that out myself! I hope solids go well for Levi and he starts sleeping better for you soon - or a least consistently so you feel less sleep deprived!

Bethany's temp finally came down that week after 3 visits to A&E. Still no idea why, although since then I've noticed she now has all her teeth... so maybe that's all it was. Kaitlyn stayed well from that bug but caught another, as they do! We were actually all well this week, apart from Kaitlyn being a bit fragile after her 15mth imms last week.

After doing so well with TT, Bethany went totally backwards and got terrified of the toilet. It made for a very challenging month of needing mummy's physical and emotional support every time she needed the toilet. I can only assume it was related to a) being worried that a poo might jump back out and eat her (!) or b) once the toilet roll holder fell off under her weight as she got on/off the toilet. It's been a looooong road, but just this morning she finally took herself off to the toilet again (we've reinstated the 'ducky' toilet seat with handles) and she's much happier.

Jess, thanks for reminding me that God's plan really is bigger (not to mention better) than any we could have for ourselves :-) I pray you'll have another little one on the way soon! I've been finding it hard as I would dearly love to have another child, but I've had to come to a place where I accept that Mike is not in a place where he'd like more, and financially we are very tight as it is. I've had a few low moments over it, which feels really awful, because I dearly love my two precious girls and feel so so so blessed that it seems wrong to wish for more, especially when some people can't have any children. I think I just hadn't realised how much I had 'planned' my life without thinking, simply by imagining it with 3-4 children. I feel like I have to undo all my dreams/plans and be happy to stop at two... when I should simply be content and awed that I HAVE two beautiful girls. Sigh, a woman's mind is hard to understand... sometimes I wish I wasn't so complicated lol! Anyone have any idea what I mean? Sorry for the ramble :P

Kaitlyn's chatting heaps and saying/doing new things all the time at the moment which is absolutely gorgeous. I think Bethany is struggling a bit with her sister being in the limelight, I feel like I'm having to constantly be on top of her behaviour at the moment. We've started a chart and she's really responding well - it's become a tangible way to teach her the 'right' thing to do. Kaitlyn of course has to get in on the action too :) Bethany is so protective of her (in the same breath as throwing herself on top of her so they both tumble to the ground :S) and they dote on each other.

Yikes sorry for the mega long post.

Wow Chontelle, I had no idea you were thinking of school next year! Good on you, sounds like a great focus :) I can't believe Vincent is 5 and a schoolboy... and it feels like David isn't far behind!

Amby, Amby, Amby... you amazing woman!!! What a gorgeous new wee bundle you have, and how precious to have two girls - it really is a treat ;-)

Sorry if I missed anyone, hugs to all, sorry it's been so long xx

ETA - so who has 3rd birthday plans on the go already? any ideas??

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:27am
Congrats on Shelbi’s birth Amby! Old news now, but haven’t congratulated you yet…

Chonny, great to hear that Vincent is doing so well at school! You have every right to be a proud mummy.
Shame that Levi didn’t win, TJ, but at least you still know he is the cutest!

Yay for TT success! Can’t remember if I said last time, but Aviva was getting so that she wouldn’t bother going unless I made her, so I’ve stopped saying anything at all (just when she gets wet pants she has to go to the toilet and change them). Takes so much pressure off, and while she still has bad days the last couple of days have been great – and I know that when she finally does decide to go on the toilet all the time, she will be fully TT because I won’t have to tell her at all.

Lydia, I hope everything sorts itself out for you and you get your sticky bub quickly.    

I know what you mean Kristy! Its so hard not to imagine what our life will be like in 2… 5… 10 years, but sometimes when we get there and its NOT the way we wanted it, it makes it hard to accept. And the worst thing is, I know that even if I have another one soon and then another long gap, it will still be disappointing because I still picture them close together! And yes, I sometimes find myself feeling grumpy and irritated with Aviva because I haven’t got a brother or sister for her – it is so illogical, because its not her fault! But feelings are strange things… I can imagine its hard to understand until you’ve been there.   I am glad that Rosie lives nearby so Aviva can play with Micah and Daniel a lot, so she gets some ‘sibling’ contact time. And there are a couple of new babies in the family on the way, so I shall get lots of baby cuddles soon too.

But even if you have a couple of years break, you could still have a baby or 2 later. Give Mike a bit of time to come around to the idea, and maybe have less pressure on your finances. Meanwhile, appreciate Gods plan for the blessings it brings now!

The most I’ve come up with 3rd b’day plans is that Aviva is big enough to appreciate presents this year, so I shall get her some! (mean mummy, didn’t buy her daughter any 1st b’day ones and only 1 little 2nd b’day present)

And as for kindy, I’m just going to continue with Playcentre at the moment. They made me president at the last AGM, which is a bit scary. That’s what comes of having no-one willing to do it. And it gives me a little bit of income, because I am doing some paid supervision, and I get to take Aviva too so no babysitting costs or anything.

DH has 3wks of uni to go, then 3 exams, then his course is FINISHED. Then onto the job hunt. It is strange to think that in 2-4mths time we could be living anywhere in NZ, and having no idea where. Because we have the freedom to move, it just depends where he can find a job.

Enough rambling from me. The day is too beautiful to be inside!
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 11:06pm
We had Jacksons bday on Monday so hard to believe he is three already, time flies! Hope all your kiddies have a great birthday ;)
Levi has lost weight so we are under close monitoring and I have to take him to get bloods done, hope its all sorted reasonably easy.
He is such a cruisy little dude, starting to sleep a bit better now too, usually only up once a night.
Anyways just thought I would pop in and say hi :)

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 8:01pm
Hooooray Jackson is toilet trained during the day :) He just did it on his own when he was ready, this is a lesson for me not to stress next time around! Hope you are all well with your gorgeous 3yr olds and looking forward to xmas!

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 11:54pm

Poohbear yay for Jackson toilet trained mine one is not remotely interested but not forcing her if she isn't ready,

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 1:04pm
Yay Jackson!
Jody is still having the occasional accident. Especially #2's because "I like to do poos in my knickers, not the toilet". Awesome. Haha.

Little Miss 3 is starting preschool tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to a break and spending time with Shelbi . We've had a couple of visits and she just ran off and played, ignored me the whole time, so that's great. She knows she gets to play there tomorrow without Mum and Shelbi and she's feeling pretty special about it. I'd say she's going to kick me out if I hang around for too long!
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 4:14pm
Good luck Jody with preschool. Leah was like that to telling me to leave on our "visit" visits and then when it came time for me to actually leave her she had a melt down standing on the gate screaming at me "dont go mummy, mummy come back" it was horrible and I just about starting crying too but shes fine now..

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:46pm
Eeek, I'm waiting for the novelty to wear off and her to turn the waterworks on. She LOVED her first day today but she was exhausted when I picked her up at 1pm, slept very well when we got home. She's looking forward to tomorrow
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:03am
Well, james had his first day at preschool too. Day one it was bye mummy with no looking back, day 2 a little bit nervous but ok, day 3 heart wrenching not without you mummy!, I was almost in tears, and ended up just taking him home, oh well we will try again on Monday, but it so horrible, I know I am going to just have to leave him crying but I'm not ready yet. But I need a break from the insessant talking and annoying Lewis. And we got James a tramp for his birthday which he refuses to go on without us, he is such a mummys boy.

Hows Shelbi going Amby? I'm starting to miss having a baby.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 8:40pm
Aww, James, that's so heartbreaking. When I working in childcare there were a lot of children who would get really upset and beg mum to stay but as soon as their mum left they would stop crying and start having fun. So hard for mum though!!
Jody's done well, 3 days so far and hardly even glances at me when I say bye to her. She even cried when I picked her up on Friday!
I can completely understand why you need a break, Jo! The non stop talking, whinging, questioning, begging, getting in the way does my head in most days!
Shelbi is doing really well, she's at a lovely age, lots of smiles and starting to develop, like holding and shaking toys, trying to roll over etc.
I'm a little bit sad that we're not having more but then I am really struggling with 2 so I know I wouldn't be able to care for 3!
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 12:52pm
Yeah I'm the same, I don't cope well at the moment so if we do have more, James will be at school.
Today was hideous, there was screaming and crying and he tried to climb the gate but I think he was alright when I left, I just got a call from the teacher saying maybe I should go pick him up a bit earlier today so I'll go down when Lewis wakes. Its not easy but I need James to not be such a mummy's boy so we will persevre and there are so many kids there he knows from , play centre and church and mainly music, its not like everyone there is a stranger to him.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2011 at 8:24pm
That's our plan too, Jo, we'll decide later on when Shelbi is at least 3 and Jody's at school, but then the older we get the higher the chance is of making twins, EEEK!!
Aww, it would be hard leaving James at preschool when he's upset. Hopefully he starts to enjoy it more soon. Do you know how he is when you're not there?

I think next year we'll extend Jody's preschool hours so she's there for 2 hours longer. She's starting to eat less while she's there (I take that as a sign she's not burning her energy so fast in the morning now) and she's not too teary when I pick her up so I think she could go through to 3pm. Going to be 3 very peaceful days in my week!
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 1:22am
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!! Hope you all had an enjoyable and memorable Christmas too :)

We had a lovely Christmas with two very excited preschoolers and many many places to be at once for various meals. Was lovely seeing all the family a few times over, although the girls were thoroughly exhausted by Christmas night. We've followed that up with nearly 10 days completely at home (with Mike working between the stats) toilet training Kaitlyn. Who just so happens to be a star at keeping dry, am so proud of her!!! She also had her tongue tie laser surgery op a month ago (or so) and her speech has jumped ahead in leaps and bounds as a result, very exciting (made the trauma worth it as it was quite a full on experience for mummy who had to hold her down during the procedure. She was sedated so doesn't remember, but I sure do!).

Bethany is absolutely loving kindy, though was very ready for the holidays after her 8wk start to being a kindy girl. Her imagination and creative play has grown in leaps and bounds, and she absolutely loves drawing and writing - can write B, e, o, a, H confidently. She's going to love words like her mummy, I can already tell! Oh and she drew her first identifiable picture of our family about a month before Christmas so we did collage canvas paintings together with Kaitlyn and glued her pictures of grandparents etc. on top for them to unwrap for Christmas. And one of our family for daddy that we have proudly on the wall :) She's soooo curious about everything and comes up with the amazingest (I'm sure that's a word ;) comments and questions. On our way home from Christmas shopping: "Mummy, shopping is hard work, eh!" Then, "Our money is in lots of different places, isn't it mummy?" When asked what she means: "Because we give lots of different shops our money when we buy things." Priceless.

Amby & Jo, I envy you that you are in a position to know that there will be a decision to make regarding children later on! I'm still living in quiet hope that one day we might have more, but trying to accept that, as it currently stands, that won't be the case.

Amby I can't believe that Shelbi is already 4mths old! Lovely :)

Jo, Bethany didn't blink an eye for the first 7wks of kindy, then cried every time I took her for the last week :( It sure is hard eh. Apparently she settled as soon as I left though. I'm hoping it was just pure exhaustion and she'll be fine when they start back this year. She has a little friend from church who started at the same time, which I think has made a huge difference to how she's coped with the whole new experience.

Hmm, must go. *hugs* to all. Don't look too closely at the time of this post, I had far too much coke zero today then polished off practically a whole block of chocolate in front of a dvd tonight... for some reason sleep just isn't coming lol.

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 7:56am
Happy new year to you too, Kristy! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and NY.
That would have been quite traumatising for you to have to hold Kaitlyn down :( I'm glad she can't remember and that it has improved her speech so well.
Awesome that Bethany is writing and drawing so well. Also great that she loves kindy, I hope next year goes well too. What kind of hours/days does she do? Jody's at pre-school 3 mornings a week, but we'll be changing her to 3 full days soon since she seems to really enjoy it (and I enjoy my time out!)
Love the questions this babes come out with, although they ask 10000000 questions a day, some can be quite amusing.
I can't believe Shelbi is 4 months either! I keep thinking she is so advanced for a new born haha. All day I put her on her back, she rolls on to her tummy, cries, so I roll her back. Repeat for an hour, then back to bed. But she is delightful, very smiley and chubby and cuddly and yummy all over!
Right, better get back to the housework before Shelbi wakes up again!
xx
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 9:26pm
Happy New Year everyone. Hope your all well. Kindys going really good for Leah now and at first I throught 2hrs thats long enough but I tell ya its NOT haha We dont go mornings til she turns 4

Im on a weightloss mission because we arent having anymore babies (I would but hubby doesnt ) I wana get a hot body and get fit for my kiddies coz theres nothing worst then feeling you cant be bothered playing with them!! And so far ive lost almost 20kgs

I hardly come in to OB so I was a little excited to see some action going on in the Oct 08 thread

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2012 at 5:54pm
Not on long, but Sarah just wanted to say that I totally understand where you're coming from! And yay for nearly 20kg gone!!! I've been fortunate to lose weight almost by accident (kind of intentional once I realised I could) and am back to the lowest weight I've ever been. (lost about 10kg in the last few months I think, I wasn't keeping a close eye on it earlier on though as the scales were too scary lol.) Still trying to knock off the last kilo, but it won't make any diff to how I look now, just how I feel, and give me a 'safety net' for those bloated days :P Have had to buy a whole new wardrobe cuz nothing fitted me and it feels soooooo good, I fully recommend it! (I hit all the sales before Christmas and TM and got a whole lot for a ridiculously small amount, yay for bargain hunting!)

Amby, Bethany goes to kindy two days a week, 9-1:30. It's perfect, I couldn't bear the thought of full days (most kindys are these days) so found this one. They're lovely there and it's working out well. I can start her on a third day as soon as I like, but I'd rather not as I love having her at home. Fridays are 4yr old days, so I think I'll give her a third day when she turns four (or next year). But no more than that :)

Better fly, dinner's getting ready (yay for wonderful husband's!) and the girls are a wee bit scratchy in that typical sibling way ;-)

*edited cuz got the preschool hours wrong, whoops!

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 1:35pm
PS forgot to say yesterday, thanks so much Jess for the honesty and encouragement in your post in Sept, it brought tears to my eyes. Hoping and praying for you guys that this year brings a wee sibling for Aviva :-) xx

*ETA - and that 'couple of year gap' is my secret dream, I mean, who knows what might happen when both girls are school age...?

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 2:01pm
Woohoo Sarah! Almost 20kgs is a fantastic effort!!
Haha, I hear you on the kindy hours not being long enough! I thought having Jody out for 4 hours would give me plenty of time to get things done but nope!

We'll be changing to full days soon. Preschool goes back on Monday so once the initial excitement wears down a bit we'll change to 3 days of 9 - 3. I thought it would be too much for her when we first enrolled but she absolutely loves it and by the end of last term she was staying awake for an hour or 2 after we got home anyway.

We have just started day naps with no nappy. No accidents yet and Jody loves sleeping in knickers "just like mummy". DH accidentally forgot to put her nappy on last night though and she freaked out when she peed in the bed, oops. We all just had a laugh at Daddy for being so silly though and she was fine after that.
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 12:28am

Kaitlyn has finally just started TTing at 3 years 4 months!!!!!   She is doing it backwards she will go off to to loo and do number twos ok as she has always told us when she has done poos in her nappy but wees she hasn't mastered it yet.

Looking at daycares soon with the free 20 hours it will be good for her and me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448>