FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue June 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 593594595596597>
Author
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:34pm
Tell me about it gmunster, it seems like with adding another one, time just flies even faster!!

We're just having a bbq at home with immediate family and a few close friends with kids, nothing too big, since house is FINALLY on the market.

Had a huge ranttto DP last night over my being treated like the housekeeper... yes I'm a SAHM but with raising 2 under 2 (well, just!) and still struggling with feeding, which takes up a large amount of time... doesnt leave much time to keep on top of the day-to-day housework, screw keeping it to showhome standards like BIL expects... DP took off for the day last weekend from 9.30am, leaving me to tidy the house from top ot bottom before the R.E agent was due to turn up with a couple at 2pm... had the house presentable (although not nearly as tody as BIL would have wanted lol!) at 2... only for the R.E agent to knock on the door and tell me they hadnt shown up.. they finally did at 3pm, by which time I'd given up and let jae go for a sleep, and D had just fed and gone to sleep... then there were a couple of things wrong with the house they asked ME about... how the hell should I know, its not my family home, and noone tells me anything anyway, apparently I'm basically a housekeeper. Then to make me feel even better... had 20 odd agents turn up the other day (couldnt give me even an approx time) just when I was up to my ears with grumpy toddler, screaming baby who'd had his eye poked by said toddler, half dried dishes, washing in the trundler waiting to be hung out, and I'm still in my trackpants cos I hadnt had time for a shower... I hope this house sells fast (pfft, yeah right, not with the house across the rd for sale, and around the corner going up for auction this weekend) cos I'm already over the whole bloody thing!!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Sponsored Links

wellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:06pm
Hi everyone,

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted in here (18 months?) but some of you will remember me from back in the day, and I wanted to pop in and say Hi since our little bundles of joy are now turning two!

I think it's fair to say I've had my share of ups and downs over the past year, but Ruby's a lovely, happy little munchkin and I feel so lucky to have her.

Happy second birthday to all the June '09 kids, and well done to the mums too, especially those who have had another one since!

Love Wellygirl xx
snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:08pm
Higs Lisa.... soudns like a tricky time for you

I hate it when there is too much on.... we are the same. Renovations, baby, work and now I am on crutches as I twisted my ankle badly this morning. Great timing with DS birthday and starting daycare next week ... grrrrr !
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:30pm
Happy birthday Amelie, I can't believe our babies are turning 2 - totally their own little people! Well done to all us Mums for getting this far:)
All sounds very average Lisa - family involves stress - we are on the family farm and quite frankly I would be happy if my brother would either grow up or go - lazy and driving me insane! Hope the house sells soon without putting too much pressure on you. I can't think of anything worse than having people arrive all the time
Lachie and Tess are spending the weekend at the inlaws, Dh is sorting cows so Sasha and I are having a relaxing weekend at home - am quite excited, how sad is that?! But am having a nice dinner out with girlfrinds on Sunday night and then the last weekend of June 7 of us are going away for 2 nights (3 with babies) for a weekend of chilling out, shopping and generally having girl time - I can't wait!! We have rented a house and are leaving the other halves at home with the bigger kids - rugby season is finished and we gave them no room for excuses:)
Enjoy the birthday ladies and give youselves apat on the back for a great effort

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 10:15pm
Happy birthday Amelie!!!
Lovely to 'see' you in here Wellygirl!! I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were. Hope all is well
BK - that is stress you don't need. I hope the house sells fast for you too.

DS2 will be 2 weeks old tomorrow He's awesome and DS1 has been totally amazing. Can't believe my big boy will be 2 in a couple of weeks!!
Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 9:49pm
Hi wellygirl and thanks for popping in. Would love to see more of you.

Lisa - so get what you are saying. Hang in there girl. Remember things will only get better.

We had a great weekend away at Mt Maunganui. DH did a half marathon there at the weekend but it was also a chance for us to be way together for the weekend. Sad thing is though is that we all have tra;lly bad cold and coughs.

lizzzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 4:23pm
Hi everyone,

I too was just lurking seen as all the 'babies' are turning 2! It has been about a year since I last posted, hopefully some of you will remember though
My little boy, Dexter, is 2 on the 16th. He now has a baby brother, Aiden, who is 3 months old on Sunday! Time is flying by so fast.

I hope all is well with you all and your babies, and congrats to those who have had another since

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 8:03pm
Hi Lizzie. Of Course we remember you.

Amelia is 2 tomorrow. Not much happening here. We will do party food (cheerios, pizza, fairy bread and mini mince pies) for dinner. She has only a few presents as she really doesn't understand birthdays yet. I asked her today about her birthday tomorrow and she said "cake" so I guess I know where her priorities lie!!!    Her big present is a tricycle. We are pretty sure that she will love it.

Unfortunately the sickness is still here in our household. All of us have got a cold/flu - not sure which but 2 have had fever, snot and coughs for a couple of days and 2 have snot and coughs. Amelia is pretty sick which is really sad because I remember that she was sick for her 1st birthday as well. She has had snot, cough (which seems to be getting worse) and grumpy for about 3 weeks now.

All the best for Jay tomorrow Lisa. As I remember we were txt birth buddies but they arrived on the same day!

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 9:28pm
Lizzie, have you been in the March 11 thread? I'm in there too I had Darian on the 2nd, was due on the 12th. Love your little guys name, thats what I wanted to call my oldest but his dad wouldnt let me!

In case I dont get on tomorrow (busy busy day having birthday party!) happy birthday Amelia, I still find it funny that we were text buddies and got a text saying you'd just had Amelia when I sent the stats for Jae to you to pass on hehe, think they are barely an hour or 2 apart??. Jae picked up the sore throat, runny nose and cough bug that B passed on when he was here 2 weeks ago, looks like its JUST cleared up in time (although I'm starting to get a btit of a scratchy throat noooo!!!!) Shes getting a play kitchen set from DP, a personalised blanket (name and D.o.B and a turtle embroidered on it) from B, and a set of Dr Seuss books from me, she LOVES the cat in the hat, have planned to make the hat (in 2D, I'm not nearly brave enough to attempt 3D!) so should really get off here and go bake the cakes so I can ice it tomorrow lol

Oh and Happy Birthday Natalie!! Already said it on FB, but why not here too
Brandon - 05/12/2003

gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 8:22pm

Happy birthday to all our bubbas for the month!
We had a small party this year thank god, but it still seemed to go on for ages! Way too many gifts again and no where to stick em in our small house! Fourtunately my BIL partners is preggers so I am having a clean out soon and sending all baby stuff to her! toys included!

Question - how does one go about toilet training at night? Amelie is fine during the day but I have no idea on how to tackle the night!

lizzzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 9:25am
Babykatnz, no I'm not in the March 2011 thread, I sorta forgot about this forum for a while! Congrats on Darian though, we've got very similar age gaps huh! How are you finding it? Aiden was due on the 18th but arrived 6 days early. Man it was way quicker than last time, I got to the hospital at 7:20 and he was born at 8:01!

We didn't do much for Dexter's birthday, poor lil dude had his first mouth ulcer so he wasn't eating much, sleeping terribly, and just generally feeling miserable When we visited Christchurch though we had a Dexter's birthday/meet Aiden afternoon and he really enjoyed that. We were meant to come home on Monday but arrived at the airport at the same time as the second big earthquake hit. After waiting outside for over an hour we found out our flight was cancelled and re-booked for the next day. Was a very long weekend for Dex! He was shattered (hence the ulcer I think). For those who remember, we used to live in Christchurch but moved to Welly last November

Happy birthday to all those bubs that have had birthdays recently!

I'm not sure about toilet training at night, we've barely started during the day, D's just not interested.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 2:07pm
Age gap pretty good so far, as far as shes aware hes just a breathing interactive 'doll' she comes along and kisses him, pats him on the head and says hiiii bubba... and thats about as much attention as she pays hmi lol! Helps that she still has an afternoon sleep, pity I can never time it so they both sleep at the same time! Both my younger 2 were elective c-sections, Jae was first thing in the morning with a whole lot of blood loss but no other dramas, D I had gest diabetes and had a hypoglycaemic episode just before going to theatre (numpties made me 2nd on the list after bumping me a day!) then almost passed out from epi kicking in too fast and dropping my blood pressure too low... had to laugh when they asked me one last time if I still wanted my tubes tied, the idea had never sounded so appealing as it did then! Still happy with that decision, I knew after Jae i wasnt done, but now I am happy, 3 was always my limit, just had to convince DP that one was never enough lol!

Wow, I bet Wellington is looking like a good place to have moved to after all that!

Still havent started TT yet, been tipping #2's in toilet to show her where they *should* go, and shes now in cloth during the day so should hopefully get to know what it feels like to be wet soon. B I tried at 2.5 and he couldnt quite get it, left it for 6 months then just after his 3rd birthday he clicked and was fully TT'd within a couple of months of trying again.
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:44pm
Not doing toilet training here either yet. Not quite ready. Good on you for being TT during the day. There was quite some time between being TT in the day to being TT in the night too for us with #1.

From memory though we limited drinks in the evening to the point where there were no drinks after 6pm. We also got Alex up for a dream toilet go when we went to bed at 10-11pm. Basically put her on the toilet and told her to go. We had to hold her as she was still basically asleep but often she would go and then straight back to bed. Amelie is really young to be TT in the night. Alex was closer to 4-5 yrs before she could do this. Let us know how it goes.

Amelia has another round of medicine today. Woke from her nightime and daytime sleep coughing and with little to no voice and a lot of wheezing. Dr has her on antibiotics because she had the same thing 2 weeks ago and came through it but now has "relapsed". She was hardly sick last winter but seems to have caught up this year!

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 5:41pm
Well, we celebrated turning 2 by officially joining Playcentre! Feels wierd being back into it after so long away (went for almost a year until B was 15 months) but Jae loves it! I dont see her from the minute she runs in the gate (apart from morning tea time lol!) til I go hunting her out to change her and leave. I'm glad she enjoys it so much, I plan on staying there until D starts school

So far *touch wood* the kids have ben pretty good with winter bugs, only one cold just before her birthday.... me on the other hand! Hoping that her earlier cold has boosted her immunity to escape the one I've just gotten through the worst of!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:19am

Winter sux huh! Bugs around for Africa. We have all just got over the most horrid one but seem to be all good now.

playcentre rocks! We have been going since Amelie was 1 - 3 days a week. Both of them love it. Even now that I am back working full time, my SIL (nanying for us) takes em.

Amelie is all good with TT during the day. No issues (touch wood) for a month now. She is sometimes dry in the morning and always gets up and has a monster pee - but not always. She does still wear "bed pants" (pullup).

We are still getting monster sleeps out of Amelie - 630 - 7pm in bed and again the last few weeks she isn't waking till 10am!!!!

All our bubbas must be 2 now - my how old that sounds!

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 1:48pm
Yes Tyler my grandson was two on Monday we went to Botany for lunch and TheKelly made him a wonderful winnie the pooh cake for his birthday
susie
Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 11:57am
Cough got worse here. So much so that during her daytime and nighttime sleep she was coughing every 2 mins. I timed it for my sanity just so I knew what was happening.

Had her back to the doctor and back on Prednisone. Hopefully it kicks in soon as we have had 3 days of no sleep for almost no one in the family.

gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 9:53am

anyone got any remedies for constipation in toddlers? for about 3 weeks now Amelie has been super bound up to the point she is screaming when going with blood and us having to use toothpicks to get it out! she is hydrated, pee is like water, eats fruit but still stuck up. Any suggestions? (nice topic I know!)

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 9:58am
No idea sorry Becs, but poor wee Amelie - hope you find a way to sort it.

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:12pm
Nope sorry, I cant help either, apart from prunes I dont know anything else that "gets them moving"
TTC since 06 with MFI
IVF with ICSI 2007 BFN
DI Sept 08=BFP DS 06/09
TTC #2 since June 2010
DI#2 Aug10=BFP MC@10weeks
2011= 10 rounds of DI 4 with clomid- all neg
May 2012- IVF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 593594595596597>