FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat sort of pram do you have?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:09pm
skp the MB do face out, unless you have the carrycot clipped on which is like a bassinette (for NBs)

Little Angel, April 10
Sponsored Links

skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 2:00pm
yep just saw that on the website they look great.
Has anyone tried the carrycot with the MB?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 2:37pm
skp

The Mothercare strider can face in or out (the handle swivels)

We got one when Issy was teeny as she hated not being able to see us.

Unfortunately we had to sell it when womble set up residence in my tummy as it doesnt have a toddler seat option.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 4:37pm
Rach179 - you are probably best to call MB themselves and ask if it is suitable for long walks/light jogs.

I think that study is a whole lot of codswallop. You can still interact with your child just as much as a front facing pram.

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 5:43pm
I have a Valco Trimode delux and love it. Its so easy to move about and you can have swivle, 45 d swivle or lock the front wheel. The wheels also come off if you need extra room, guess the only con is that the back wheels are slightly wide so getting round some shops can be a pain.. but thats with most 3 wheelers.

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 10:12am
we have a p&t and I it! It was good when we just had Amy but is fantastic now we have Sophie as well.

Have never had issues going into shops/mall with it and it is great for when we all walk the dog on the weekend - we are usually out for an hour or more and the girls don't mind.

The brake was very stiff to start with but got easier to use with time.

eta: we have the e3 in red - would like the new sport if I won lotto!!

Edited by jaycee

KJCOLE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCOLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 10:32am
Hi - I got a second hand mothers choice with my first as I wanted the baby to be able to face me. Unfortunately with the handle in the reverse position it was almost impossible to steer so I ended up with him facing away anyway.

Now I need one for two I have been looking round - my son won't sit in a mountain buggy because the seat is not upright enough. I think the P & T is the best I have seen but the cost is a bit scary - I am trying to scare ut $600 so I can buy the classic model from the Winkalotts website. But the car needs new brake pads and the power bill is due and it's Christmas.....
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 5:14pm
We have a valco runabout and four years ago when we got it it was the best.   It folds down to a good size, swivel or lock the front wheel, take the back wheels off for more room. The only problem I had with it was that it was too wide to fit down the isle of the bus. Now i kick it and curse it all the way down the road...the swivel keeps going sideways and catching, the lock sits so it is not straight so I have to keep pressure on one side to keep going straight....and I still cannot get on the bus.

Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 10:07pm
We have a Phill & Teds classic, and love it. so far we have only used it with a cocoon or in the lie flat position but it is very maneuverable and I haven't had a problem in any shops yet.
AandRs_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandRs_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 5:27pm
I have the bugaboo cameleon and love that i can clip the carseat on and off it. It also comes with a carry cot part.

I have also had a phil and teds sports and dash and mountain buggy terrian and urban elite. I liked the phil and ted better as it was lighter and folds smaller. If we have another baby we will get the phil and teds vibe with toddlers seat :)
missy_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 3:51pm
Winkalotts have a sale on Phil & Ted strollers. I love my phil & teds.
But If I only had one child I'd get a MB. Or funds permitting I'd get a bugaboo.

Edited by missy_girl
Michelle

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by McPloppy McPloppy wrote:

We have a valco runabout and four years ago when we got it it was the best.   It folds down to a good size, swivel or lock the front wheel, take the back wheels off for more room. The only problem I had with it was that it was too wide to fit down the isle of the bus. Now i kick it and curse it all the way down the road...the swivel keeps going sideways and catching, the lock sits so it is not straight so I have to keep pressure on one side to keep going straight....and I still cannot get on the bus.

HAve your tried it with the toddler seat so much worse with that I got mine about 4 year's ago thinking it was the best ever and now I hate it with a passion.
Deborah Mum to:

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 9:53pm
We have a bugaboo cameleon and I love it so much that we never got a double after Emma was born and have just managed
I love how easy it is to turn and fit thru small spaces. Both girls love it and it looks comfy. Gina never tries to wriggle out of it so a huge bonus there

rangiville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangiville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 10:29pm
We've been fans of P&T since we bought one for our eldest son 11 years ago! Last year we got a newer model (2nd hand on TM) with with the toddler seat. It is great as it packs down so small -great as we do alot of travelling. However I think the older model is easier to push.
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 11:34am
Off topic but Yummymummuy we have a bugaboo cameleon too and I dread the thought of having to get a double when we have #2 - how did you manage with 2 under 2 - did you use a sling?
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Febgirl Febgirl wrote:

Off topic but Yummymummuy we have a bugaboo cameleon too and I dread the thought of having to get a double when we have #2 - how did you manage with 2 under 2 - did you use a sling?

We used/use a front carrier for Emma - to begin with it was back facing and she found it safe and snug. She still loves it but faces forward nowdays. Also nowdays, Gina likes to walk a lot and helps push the pram - in fact she will quite often object if we try to put her in the pram. We have managed using a variety of things including DH holding Gina when she's tired. To be honest we have not found it to be a problem and I'm glad I didn't get a double as I never liked any of them.

ETA: my advice would be to wait and see how you manage before buying a double - the bugaboo is really such a nice pram. And there's been research to prove it's good for babies to face their parents when out

Edited by yummymummy

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:18pm
We bought a Bertini Mio off trademe and we love it, its a little like a bugaboo it has bassinet and seat attachment so folds down in 2 pieces but very light and fits into our sedan, though doesn't leave room for anything else. Bubs can face you and face away. We liked the idea of 4 wheels as it seems more stable, and it can go offroad and is very easily manuverable. We've found the bassinet great for travelling, but DS is growing out of it. They don't make them anymore due to design flaws but espirit has brought out the same pram and they are now marketed under the name rock star baby.

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 5:05pm
argh the dreaded pram.

We have a milano 3 wheel stroller from baby city, we got it coz the capsule clicked in, never do that again. its a pain in the shops the only thing it is good for is walking etc.

so we got a little 4 wheel umbrella stroller a couple of weeks back from famers doesnt completely lie flat but he's old enough not to need it that much.

Will be getting a P&T's sport double when next baby arrives am saving pennies now.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 11:35am
I too am curious about whats good and what isn't. i think i would prefer a 4 wheeler when we do actually get preggers and one that can have a toddler seat i would prehaps look at a 3 wheeler too but they need to be easy to fold down and not take up too much room in the boot either. Just a wee observation has anhyone noticed how closed tot he car exhaust some bubs are when in their prams? i particuly noticed this with P&T that had the toddler attachment on it. I don't mean to make anyone paranoid it was just an observation i made.
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 3:23pm
We had a Double MB urban when Ryan and Katelyn were babies then went to the childcare rover twin stroller. The MB was huge with it being a twin buggy thats why i got rid of it i loved the rover stroller thou.
For this bubba i have been looking on trademe and found a stroller called the BAM i think its a phil and teds but not sure can't seem to find any more info onit on google. We need something that we can use from newborn and that folds down small cause the boot in our Estima isn't very big.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>