FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwins or Triplets or more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 221>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 9:16pm
Ha ha Cat007, not as boring as me - I was in bed by 9pm! Altho I did have to get up to Sienna at about 11.55pm so as it clocked midnight I was crawling around in the dark under her bed trying to find her toy cell phone so she would go back to sleep.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 9:33pm
Thanks everyone for the information.....very good to know!

My aim was to be asleep by 11pm on New Years eve and I'm pleased to say that was acheived. Of course woke up at 12.00pm to fireworks, then numerous toilet stops but use to that.

Dh and I have been having turns having a sleep in and its my turn tomorrow, yeah!!!

Alex 6 and Harry 8
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 4:52pm
My DH and I have turns at sleeping in, in the weekends too. He starts work really early and goes to bed early too. I am still doing a late night feed and getting up early for the kids in the morning. Not to mention, the odd time one wakes in the middle of the night. I normally only average 5 hours sleep a night so need to catch up occasionally.

What age did your twins stop having the late night feed?
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 2:43pm
I have a great deal because Jess starts work at 0930 and doesn't get to see the girls before they go to bed at 7pm so he does the first morning feed at 0730 EVERY morning
So I usually get to bed about 1030 and get up around 0800.
We did nothing on new years Jess wanted to stay up but I was slack and in bed by 11pm mind you we had been drinking beer in the back yard since 3pm though lol! Jess is going to the big day out in dorkland this month and I get to go to Brisbane for a weekend at the start of Feb to see friends and get smashed! so we both get a turn at getting away I'm so excited can't wait to go back to Brisbane YAY!!!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 3:15pm
Hi Guys,
Thought I would join the twins post. My identical twin boys are 4 months old (3 mnths adjusted). Had TTTS but got to 35 weeks which was amazing & had their final checks in Dec & all is now fine re issues at birth so onwards & upwards.

Both doing really well. Recently I've been feeding them seperately i.e. feed them 1/2 an hour apart but wondered what position you guys found the best to feed them together? Am breast & bottle but am about to ween off the breast because they don't get much from me anymore and want to feed them together. Tried the 2 rockers but my arms get so tired... any recommendations please.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 4:28pm
Hiya Twinboys2b Congrats on your boys. Do you know what they weigh now? I think my girls were 2.2kg & 2.7kg born at 37 weeks. You did well to get them to 35wks!

I Stopped Breast feeding after about a month for the same reason. In the first 2 months we always fed one at a time but it was taking too long and they weren't staying on schedule that way so we started feeding them in their rockers on the floor while sitting between them. We still do it that way and now it takes 20min to feed them a bottle and about 10min to feed them solids. It definitly pays to feed them at the same time that way they sync up routine wise. If you keep them completely in sync from as early as possible it makes life so much easier for you.

Also when they were little if one baby would wake up early we would wake the other so they would stay in sync.

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 4:31pm
20/07/05 Ryan & Katelyn, fraternal boy/girl - Kasbee
14/10/06 Sienna & Mercedes, Identical girls - Maya
10/11/07 Noah & Lola, Fraternal boy/girl - Floss
31/01/08 Eimear & Aoife, Fraternal girls - Tishy
10/05/08 Luke & Zavier, Identical boys - bext1
12/05/08 Esme & Hazel, Identical girls - Lisa85
31/07/08 Marshall & Jordan, Identical boys - cat00
03/09/08 Jacob & Eli Identical boys - Twinboys2b
14/03/09 EDD two boys, fraternal - Linda

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 5:18pm
Thanks, we've been really lucky & since coming home from NICU we've kept the same routine so they always feed 1/2 hr apart or at the same time, like you said I wake the other if I have another person to help or feel ambitious by feeding them together or on when hubby is home - don't know how anyone can demand feed with twins. Re sleeping we do a dream feed before bed usually 10pm and they sleep till 4am where we put in their dummies in & they go back to sleep till anywhere between 6 & 7.30am when we feed them so I'm hapy about that.

Have next weigh day on Tuesday, I expect 5.5kg for Jacob & 6kg for Eli maybe at a geuss (need to invest in scales). Eli is a huffalump versus little Jacob. Have to learn to put photos up on this.

Not looking forward to solids, must make a right mess of the place & you, still a little while till I get to enjoy that!

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 5:51pm
Yay sounds like they're thriving!! Very cute photo by the way.

Its amazing how fast it goes. I was holding Hazel the other day trying to cradle her in my arms like you do with a new born but she was too much of a giant and wouldn't stop squirming!! At the mo the girls have finally started sitting up on their own, I'm sooo proud. I think Hazel is on her way to getting her first tooth and esme has started babling mamamama

Sorry I've been sharing these photos everywhere but I'm so proud heres the girls sitting up for the first time.

Hazel

Esme

Sorry I'm a complusive show off when it comes to the girls lol!

MC April 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:30pm
haha very very cute Lisa

Emma - Can you give me the contact for the bulk Karicare formula?

Twinboys2B - congrats, I only got to 28wks with the boys they got TTTs at 20 weeks and it was bad enuf for me to go to Sydney for surgery :)
I still b/f our monkeys at night mostly, but during the day a lil bit still. Although now they are on solids, a bottle is easier and we put them in the pram and feed them outside :D
or one in the rocker one in the high chair :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:42pm
Gorgeous pics Lisa, love the fairy wings too!!

Bex, I was one week away from going to Sydney, had 2 litres amniotic fluid drained at 2 days under 26 wks which very luckily did the trick and gave enough fluid to Jacob (stuck twin) but still had many nights at hospital with contractions & finally was induced. Was diagnosed at 18wks & stopped work striaght away & even got to give birth naturally (not that that went well at all!). TTTS survivors are definately miricle babies, can't imagine what going to Sydney was like for you.
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:53pm
I feed in rockers too or otherwise feed one after the other if I have time. I just sit on the floor with the rockers either side of me and prop my arms up on pillow on the sides of the rockers - also occasionally prop up the bottles so they can feed themselves if I need to give my 2yr old attention. They are just about at the point that they can hold their own bottles soon.

I found an excellent book for feeding/sleeping routines for twins and multiples. It called "A Contented House with Twins" by Gina Ford and Alice Beer. Its written by the same author who wrote "The contented little baby book" and she has quite strict routines. I have adapted her routines slightly but found it much better than any other book out there. I did simplify her routines too but at least it was relevant.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 10:50pm
Haha apparently theres a woman that lives across the rd from me that gave birth to twins a couple of weeks ago! Will have to keep an eye out

Wow Bex and Twinboys2b can't believe what you guys had to go through must have been so traumatic
I read up on the old TTTS knowing that it would be a possibilitly and it was always a fear at the back of my mind. Esme did slow down at one stage and was always smaller but luckily no problems.
Bex I can't believe they had to send you to Sydney!?!?! You'd think they'd have the resources and people here??? Goes to show how small our country is. Must have been a real shock

Good to see all happy and healthy babies have resulted though

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 4:00pm
Just a Q: do any of you have sleepy babies?

Both of mine sleep for ages. Have to go wake them now because it's been 5 hours since their last feed. Their usuall routine is they wake at 7am: I feed, change then play (lasts for a total of 1 hour awake) then they go to sleep for 3, then up for an hour & back for another 3 etc etc until we do a dream feed at 10pm & back to sleep till the morning. I'm not complaining one bit but wonder if anyone else has these sorts of babies? I just took them for a 1 hr walk and they havn't woken after 4 hrs asleep so am off to wake & feed them... and no they arn't too hot either or looking dehydrated.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 4:14pm
My girls have always been MASIVE sleepers! They currently do 12hours at night 2x 2-3hour day naps. I was always worried they slept too much, but with how much growing they are expected to do in the first year they need as much as they can get. As long as they are growing and feeding well they should be fine. Mayby check with healthline to be safe or bring it up at your next plunket check?
But yes my girls were exactly the same! Trust me it won't be long before those big sleeps seem to be getting shorter and shorter lol!

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:33pm
Good to hear, it's hard because in no way am I complaining but then it worries me a bit when they just seem to sleep all the time versus other babies. Hope it continues! Have plunket visit tomorrow so will mention it then. Will be good to see their weights as they were very very small for their age - below the 3rd centile as of last month but they guzzle their food (although refluxy) so I have no doubt that they will catch up in weight soon.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 6:10pm
I totally get what you mean I kept in contact with all my antinal class mothers and so many of them had trouble getting their babies to sleep one of them has a 6 month old boy who still doesn't sleep though the night! Stuff that lol. Anyway they always tell me things like, poor you it must be so hard with twins or how do you cope? So it always made me think there must be something wrong with my girls for them to be such fantastic sleepers

My Esme was alittle below the lower line for a while but they are both now somewhere along the middle. I'm taking them for their jabs tomorrow so will get to find out thier weights then.

Sounds like your boys are doing great! They sounds very similar to my girls

MC April 2010
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 7:28pm
Ha I wish my kiddies were sleepers Noah still doesn't sleep thru the night, Sienna only started when I was in hospital having Noah and Lola and she was 18mths old so be very thankful you have sleepers
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 7:41pm
Wow! Floss I feel for you chick I suddenly feel very guilty lol!

A very happy first birthday to Noah and Lola Did they get a party? Can't believe how fast time goes another 4 months and the girls will be one!!!

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 8:37am
http://www.3news.co.nz/Video/Mixed-race-couple-have-black-and-white-twins---again/tabid/417/articleID/85788/Default.aspx?ArticleID=85788

You all probably heard about this bit of twin news already but thought I'd post it just in case. Absolutly amazing!

MC April 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 221>