FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 373>
Author
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:05am
So quiet in here! I've joined the group for Oct 2011 and it reminds me of all the chat we had when we were pregnant last time.....not the same though, feels a little weird as this is my group!!

Have a great easter break everyone
Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:41pm
Definitely got really quiet in here!! I've joined the September 2011 thread too and we've mainly all moved to a private facebook group. It moves so fast, so chatty hehe

Oh baby in general seems pretty quiet. Maybe everyone has moved to facebook groups.

How are you feeling Snicket? Are you finding out if you're having a boy or girl this time?

Not sure if I mentioned it yet or not but we had our scan and we're having a girl I've gone off and got a whole lot of pink stuff for her room like a lamp, hamper, bedding etc.. it's all a pink winnie the pooh theme. We started cleaning out the spare room over Easter and now it's ready to start getting put together. DH still needs to put in a new wardrobe so there's some shelves and then he's got to paint the wardrobe doors and the bedroom door. The doors have been downstairs waiting to be painted for 2 years hahaha so now he'll finally need to get it done.

Who is the first due from our group?   Maybe we should do another due date list? Is it you Jaxs?
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:46pm
Very quiet in here.

I'm pretty sure there's someone due before me. Could be wrong though?? I've lost track now!!

I am soooooo over teething. Georgia seems to be getting them one after the other. We've had 2-3 days break before she starts again. Today she has the fever and runny nose. She sat in the bath with her fingers in her mouth doing a growling cry poor thing. Not eating a thing either. She had 3 crackers for tea tonight

So cool you're having a girl tiptoes. One of each... very clever is that it for you guys now? or do you think you'll have more?

I still haven't got baby's room ready yet. Have been meaning to put G into her big bed, but with teething I keep putting it off. Need to just do it one day. I want to get some 'boy' stuff for the walls too. TM here I come!

Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:28am
Yeah a due date for us would be cool. I'll start if you girls want to add or do something flash! No I'm not finding out again. Yay for you having a girl.

snicket - 17th Oct. Not finding out
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:35am
Yes so very quiet in here these days, nothing like it used to be.

I think LilyC is due first.

Snicket that was my due date with my son, in 2007. He was born on the 20th though.

Aww poor Georgia. Teething is cruel.

Isabella is doing great. Saying so many words now. It cracks me up that she says duck instead of yuck. So when she has a dirty nappy she says "ewww duck". Haha. She's such a little piggy and eats a lot. Wonder what she weighs now, probably well over 12kg now. This age is so funny, it's amazing how fast they learn. She thinks it's funny if you frown at her. Weird child. lol. She's been a little pain in the ass lately at bed times, she screams and mucks around and has been waking randomly.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:42am
I don't know how to do the fancy writing, so will have to leave that up to someone else!

Jaxnz1 - 30th July - it's a boy!

Cute Deb about saying duck. Georgia is able to put animal sounds together with their names now, so when you say cow, she says moooo. And pig involves screwing our nose up and sniffing a few times trying to imitate a pig.
Very cute age.

We are off to Dr today as she vomited a banana, so it may be more than teething. She had bronchiolitis about three times last winter, so am wondering if it's that again. No fun at all. She woke every hour last night until about 11pm then woke at 2am and 6:30am. Am shattered today, not sure how I'll cope with a newborn again, I like my sleep!!   

sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:05pm
Hey guys - wow has been a while hasn't it!

How are all you expecting Mummies going? Not to far away for some of you now isn't it!

Chelle- Congrats on the pink :) It sounds sooo great getting all the girlie things together. Must be the same for all of you with girls who are expecting boys as well! And those having the same must have have a little relief that you have everything you need already

jax, hope Georgia is good?

Throw some potential names at us! Maybe we can help?!
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 9:39am
I hope you all had fantastic Mummies Days yesterday I hope a lovely day which started with a 8.30am sleep in!!

Deb, that is funny about the due date. My birthday is the 18th and my DH the 19th so we are hoping its either earlier or later. I so don't want it coming on my birthday as it will never be about me again!!

Jax I hope you and Georgia are feeling better. No sleep sux.

We are also getting lots of single words....super cute. They are getting closer to being wee parrots.

We moved S into the big bedroom in the weekend & she is loving all the space in her room. In a month or so we will introduce the big bed! I need to buy one first though
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 9:26pm
We don't do Mother's Day - I never have in my family, so we're not going to in ours either. It's a nice idea and everything, I just like having treats and things throughout the year, not just one day! Sunday is my day for sleeping in anyway, so I still had a nice start to the day.

We've got a month now til Alex starts at his new daycare. We're going to take him for visits in the week prior, but we are hoping it might be a bit easier on him this time around since he's already used to being in care.

We took A to Plunket on the weekend - he's now 84cm and 14.1kg. Chunky bubba! He was much more interested in playing with the toys there than being weighed and measured so he got a bit stroppy about it. Overall he's good though, no concerns. He's talking lots - the latest words are bubbles, monkey and mouse, and he's linking things together - 'no more bubbles' and small sentences like that. We're hoping that we might be able to explain 'inside voices' to him soon. Either that, or we find a mute button! He's super cute but sometimes exceptionally loud!

Snicket, let us know how you go with the transition to a big bed. I'm wondering about that too, and when to do it. Alex isn't climbing out of his cot (or even trying to) so we'll probably keep him there for a while yet.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:29pm
Ok ladies, here is our list of favourite boys names:

Alex
Liam
Caleb
Mason

My favourite is Liam, just have to convince DH to name him that. I think it's the name that goes best with our last name. Will decide when he's born anyway.

We've started Georgia in her big girl's bed for daytime sleeps. Will put her in there at night from this weekend, see how it goes. We have a bed rail, so it's really no different from her cot. Just a lot more room. My only concern is that she does move alot in her cot, gets in all different positions, so will be interesting in a big bed

She had an ear infection last week, so she's had antibiotics and is much better. We have her top eye teeth coming through which is probably what caused the ear infection. Poor thing, am really over this teething now! No doubt she will finish and #2 will start

Jafa, hope settling into the new DC goes well. We are still having issues dropping off, but she's fine as soon as I've left.

I still haven't been to get our 15 months vaccinations! Have been putting it off because of teething, think I just have to bite the bullet.

Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:12am
I'm a fan of Alex - Jaxnz1

I hope G feels much better soon and those teeth settle down for you. We still only have 6 teeth (4 top and 2 bottom) so have all this to come!! I'm hoping the older they are the better they cope but might just be kidding myself.

Hope DC goes well Jafa as know it is hard. We are lucky with a great lady from Porse. S even gets a whole day to herself there most weeks and loves going. Jaxnz1 I'm sure she will be all good soon but it makes it hard when they are unsettled when you drop them off. She will have lots of little friends soon and will probably want to stay when you come to get her - we had this for a bit.
LilyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:37am
Hi ladies,

Haven't been visiting our group since March, but luckily there's not too much catching up to do ;).

All good in Tokyo, life is pretty much back to normal now. Haven't had the chance to concentrate on this pregnancy much, and I think I only have two belly shots so far! I've bought clothes for him, but haven't got the room ready or even a name! Oh this poor neglected second child.. must get my act together ;)

I'm having a c-section as I had an emergency c-section last time. Saw my Ob today and he confirmed that I'll have the operation on 17 June, so very soon!

Jaxnz1 - 30th July - it's a boy!
LilyC - 17th June (c-section) - it's a boy!

It's very quiet here these days, maybe we should do one of those FB update-message rounds we did last year in July.

Great to hear that all you pregnant ladies are well and it's so awesome to hear about your kids' development as it seems that we're all going through the same things. they're suddenly so big! And just getting cuter every day.

JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 8:34pm
Hahaha, well clearly, we're keen on Alex, Jax! But I do also really really like Liam - it might get added to our list of potentials if we have another boy (you know, eventually, when we start trying for another baby).

Lovely to hear from you Lily, and really good to hear life is getting back to normal in Tokyo. The 17th of June is so soon - I can't believe it!

Alex has only got 8 teeth, Snicket, and 6 are on top and only 2 on the bottom. They have come in in a crazy order too. We're hoping he might get a few more bottom teeth soon to make eating apples a bit easier on him!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:46pm
It's quite sad that our little group has drifted apart so much. I miss the days of chatting in here regularly.

Alex is a big boy. I don't think Isabella is very far behind him. I know what you mean about them being loud. Between Isabella and her brother i need ear plugs!

Wow LilyC not long to go now! How exciting. Glad to hear all is well.

Aww i can't believe some are going into big beds already. I won't be switching Isabella for a while. Her brother was 23 months.

It's hard to believe our babies are 18 months now or nearly. They're growing up so fast. Isabella is saying more and more words all the time. She copies new words from us pretty much daily. So cute. They're like little sponges.

She's had 16 teeth for months, wonder when she'll get the last ones. Even though she has that many teeth she still chokes on apple, so i chuck it in the microwave to soften it for her.

There's one weird thing that she does that i wonder if it's normal or not. When she gets angry she bites herself! Sometimes i think it's an attention thing, you know giving herself something to cry about so i'll pick her up or whatever. Even though she gets attention and cuddles all the time. Strange child. She bit her brother on the back the other day when he stole her seat. Stroppy little tart she is!

It was my birthday yesterday. Didn't do anything. Had a bit of crap day actually coz the kids played up a lot. But my mum and sister got me an awesome pair of Dr Martens like this. I love them! So that was a nice surprise and DP made me a yummy banana cake.
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:55pm
Happy Birthday for yesterday Deb!
Regarding the biting thing - I think that many (if not all) toddlers have some type of thing they do when they are frustrated/want attention/etc. Tai bangs his head on the floor mainly, but it all depends where it is. He tries to headbutt us sometimes when he's mad and he'll do it to the wall. He also throws things at us when he's angry at us. I haven't looked into it - but I've just assumed its a normal stage. I ignore the head banging and then he stops.

T has been in a big bed for 6 months now. Slept better then ever, for the first 3-4 months at least. We've had a rough patch since I started working, so for the past 5 weeks he's been coming into our bed every single night. I've just switched his bed for a double (more comfortable bed) and he's slept through the last 2 nights. Long may it last.

FYI, I have de-activated my Facebook profile. I was a little over it - and some people in general. None of you lovely ladies of course!

JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:45pm
I miss chatting in here regularly too. I keep coming in and checking to see if people have updated!!

Deb, Alex went through a stage of biting himself. He'd bite his own wrist or hand and then look at us with a look on his face like, 'now what are you going to do about it?'. He has stopped that now - but since you mention the work thing sweets, I think it was mainly when DH was going back to work and Alex was going to daycare.   We used to ask him if it hurt, he'd normally nod sadly and so we'd tell him that he shouldn't do it any more!

If he's frustrated or annoyed now then he'll throw something. A couple of times he has tried to hit me, but I have always just said 'we don't hit in our family' and he stops and strokes my arm instead! I think they must do something like that at daycare.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:23pm
Thanks sweets.

Yeah i think the biting is just an attention thing, so i'll just try to ignore it or distract her. Obviously she gets told off for biting other people though. My son went through the head banging stage. lol. I'm glad it didn't take him too long to grow out of it.

JAFA, Isabella usually bites her hand/wrist too or her arm, and then she cries. She hits sometimes, because she thinks it's funny. Little monkey. I have to say though she's a lot more gentle than her brother ever was. She loves the cats too, well the one she can get near, and is great with him. Her brother has gone back to being annoying and chasing them though so hopefully she won't copy his bad behaviour.

It's so cold and windy here today!
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:20pm
Windy here too!
I miss coming on here as well. Bet I post a lot more now my FB is gone haha. Im still a little paranoid of people reading my posts though.

We might be moving...yes AGAIN! This will be the 6th time since I was pregnant with Tai - if it happens. Its all a bit of a whirlwind situation (a good one) but I'll explain more if it happens. We should get some more information in the next few weeks - its been dragging on for a few months now and it's driving me CRAZY! I just went and had a look at some showhomes - and WOW found one I absolutely love. Wish I didnt go now, I'm starting to get my hopes up!

T used to get bitten at care. Some nasty ones, he actually has a scar on his face from one. They've stopped now though but thankfully he never started to bite in return. He has a 'thinking chair'. Sometimes he goes and puts himself there, it is hillarious.

Hows the job Jaffa? You have been there a litte while now hey, long enough for Mat leave? Lol
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:45pm
Well i'm gonna make more of an effort to post in here. It seems a shame to post all through our pregnancies and births and the early months then not really keep in touch here anymore.

We're hoping to move again soon too. lol. Moving down here was only ever going to be a temporary thing and we're sick of being down here. DP has applied for a few jobs but is overqualified for most. There's one job in Auckland that had the possibility of taking over the business but it's been a long drawn out drama. It's not looking very likely now because of money. Can't be bothered explaining it all but they might not pay enough for us to be able to live comfortably in Auckland.

Good luck with things sweets.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:50pm
I miss our little chats too!

Good luck sweets, that's a lot of moving! One move was enough for me. Think we will be here for quite a while now.

Georgia tends to throw herself on the ground when she gets angry or frustrated. Usually hitting her head on something or the ground on the way down which makes it worse.

She's becoming quite fussy with her dinner now. I usually do veggies for her and she eats around 5pm because she gets so hungry. If she hears me in the kitchen she comes in and tugs on me and cries, making it really hard to get her tea ready.
Hopefully once I'm at home I can make it a bit earlier and then just put it in the microwave. I would like us to eat all together because I think that would help with the fussiness, but we're not ready to eat so early and I only get home from work around 4pm.
What do you ladies do for dinners?

Her eye teeth have come through, so hopefully we get a longer break from teething this time.
Second night in her big bed went a lot better. Will be able to steal the cot away this weekend hopefully!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 373>