FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373>
Author
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 12:41pm
Oh my gosh so exciting Jax. Best of luck for today. I can't wait to hear all the details.....yay!

Deb oh no tantys aren't fun. We had one this morning as DD wanted to wear my shoes!!!

I'm 27wks so just popped into the 3rd trimester....eek. Hope all the November mums are good and those with new borns are coping with the sleepless nights
Sponsored Links

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 8:18pm
Hi ladies, Liam Robert was born on 19th July weighing 7lb14 by CS. Am recovering well from the operation and would have to say recovering from the pain of a CS is actually easier than recovering from the tear! Georgia is still not sure of Liam, but I'm trying to explain to her what I'm doing with him all the time. It's really only when he cries she gets quite upset. Poor thing doesn't really know what's happened!
Liam is doing well, no problems BF'ing yet which is great as Georgia was tongue tied. Only issue is having his days and nights mixed up, have been up with him between 10pm and 4am the last two nights! Funny how you appreciate it when they get into routines and sleep through the night!
Will put some pics up on our FB page.

Not long for you Snicket!

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 9:22pm
Congrats Jaxs, that must be a relief about the breastfeeding going much better this time. The day and night mix up definitely sounds exhausting, I hope it doesn't last much longer. Hopefully Georgia gets used to having a new brother around soon, it's definitely something I'm worried about.

That's great about the c/s recovery too, I'm going to try for a VBAC mainly because Cooper likes to be picked up a lot and I imagine he'll be wanting to be picked up in those early days so that's my main reasoning, but hearing that the recovery isn't too hard with a toddler makes me feel better if things go that way for me again. I start feeling nervous when I hear about all these nasty tears and other issues that people have had and think maybe I'm making a wrong decision as I had a very straight forward recovery from the c/s. But hey, we'll see what happens in 7/8 weeks I guess!

I had a growth scan last week and looks like we're on track for another big baby - was weighing 5lbs at 32 weeks. I've got an appointment with an OB in about a week to get the tick of approval for a VBAC.

JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 8:02pm
Congrats Jax, it sounds as though everything is going as well as can be expected for the first few days! I remember being very grateful when Alex settled into a routine (of sorts, it still took a while for him to sleep through consistently).

Chelle, don't worry too much about the tearing. I had a second degree tear and I had a big bubba too. I didn't think the recovery from the tear was too bad and I loved being able to walk around and do things for myself immediately after Alex was born. I felt so light! It's just different for everyone, so you never know, you might not getting any tearing at all!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 9:54pm
Chelle i had a 2nd degree tear and a big internal tear with my son so had lots of stitches. It was a bit sore for a while but they both healed well. It wasn't too bad really. I had no tearing with Isabella.
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:35am
Yay Jax that is fantastic news. Great to hear that you are feeling/recovering well and that the BF is going well. Hopefully you get into a routine with night and days soon. That is so cute about you needing to explain to Georgia what you are doing with this bubba all the time :) I'm sure she will be all over him soon playing mummy.

Edited by Snicket
LilyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 12:01am
Congratulations Jax, awesome! Just saw the photos of FB, he's so cute!

Chelle, I had c-section both times and I was pickling Lily up after 1 week from the operation and had no problems at all. So don't worry too much in advance in case you'll have to have a c-section again.

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 10:53am
Chelle, it's been 2 weeks since Liam's arrival and feel like I could quite easily pick Georgia up. I'm just avoiding it as I don't want to irritate anything. I've picked her up once at night to give her a hug. As long as you have some good family/friend support I wouldn't be worried if you need another CS. Not long for you now!!

I think we're slowly getting over the horrible first couple of weeks. Liam has been feeding non-stop since day one, but has put on about 350grms since birth, so can't complain really. Feeding is going well, exclusively bf'ing during the day and topping up with EBM at night so Mum gets SOME sleep

I think the terrible 2's have started with Georgia, it could just be the change, but the tanties are getting pretty bad She is a great big sister though, points out Liam's hair, hands, eyes, mouth etc etc. Strokes him while I'm feeding him and says 'nice'. Gives him and me a kiss everytime she goes somewhere and when she goes to bed. Very cute!

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:19pm
Awww Georgia sounds like a great big sister

Constant feeding sounds very tiring, such a good idea to do EBM in the evenings to get yourself some rest. Yay for surviving the first few weeks! I imagine every couple of weeks that go by it starts to feel a little more easier, or at least you get a little more used to things.

That's great to know you feel ok about picking Georgia up already, so if that's the way things go, then I should be ok

Started feeling a bit crampy tonight, but I think from memory I had the same thing for about 6 weeks last time, so about to do a bit of a search back around that time in our thread to double check. A wee bit early for it to be anything else!!
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 7:36pm
I was just searching back and noticed a ticker on crazymum's name - she's 10 weeks pregnant - so another from our group. I think she had 10 kids already? Will have to go have a nosey...
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 11:21am
Yeah Crazymum does have 10 kids. Wow #11 on the way!

kaybee is pregnant too. Not sure how far along now. Shopa was due last month with twins i think. I don't think she came into this thread that much.

Not long to go for you Chelle!

So tired. Me and the kids had a cold and Isabella had a really red and obviously sore throat. She's getting better but for the last week her sleep has been total crap. She ends up in bed ever morning and ends up kicking and hitting us, so it's a bit hard to sleep. lol.
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 11:41am
Wow great to hear a few more pregnancies on the way for our group :)

I'm doing really well, 31wks now and have reecently started on iron so I think that helps in making me feel great. Had a night out on Sat for a friends engagement which was fantastic. It seems so rare these days to get a good night out with my DH.

Great to hear the positive things on c/s with a toddler as I also had a c/s last time but will try for VBAC this time and see what happens!!

I hope everyone is keeping warm because it is so chilly. I'm like this and I live in Akld so I can only imagine how cold it is in the South Island (I don't miss Chch at times liek this although the snow would be cool). I have less than 6wks of work remaining and the motivation levels have seriously dived!

Edited by Snicket
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:11am
Ooh so close now Chelle!!

Well Isabella is STILL waking heaps! She gets out of her cot and comes in to get in our bed then continues to wriggle and kick and smack us in the face all night. She constantly kicks the blankets off too. So annoying! Not sure what's up with her. I have to get her to sleep too instead of just putting her to bed and leaving her like i could before. She used to go to sleep so easily and sleep 12-13 hours every night. I hope she'll start doing that again soon. We had enough dramas with her sleep till she was around 14 months so it's really annoying that's she doing this now. She hardly ever has days sleep now too 'cause it's it's such a drama to get her to sleep.

Well we have a lot going on at the moment. DP got made redundant last week but got a new job yesterday. It's in Auckland and pays a little more than what he's on now. We have less than 3 weeks to pack up and find a new house and everything! Eeek!

I hope everyone's well. We're all sick AGAIN. Ever since Kaelen started kindy we all keep getting sick. We hardly ever used to.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 9:20pm
Wow, big move but exciting that your DP's job is better money etc - and awesome that he got it so quickly!

I'm due this weekend, had a stretch and sweep today but cervix is posterior so MW couldn't get to it properly and said labour is possibly at least a week away. So quite bummed as totally over being pregnant now. So uncomfy and awkward, so will be glad when the new bubba finally arrives! I've got an appointment with an OB at the hospital next Wednesday and going to have another s&s with MW that afternoon, but thinking of booking to have a c/s next Friday if possible as don't think I can wait too much longer. Also getting that awful PUPPPS rash again so feeling a wee bit sorry for myself in this late pregnancy stage. What a whinger I am!

Cooper is still up during the night too. Sometimes he'll sleep through but only occassionally and then some nights he'll come in our bed, go straight to sleep and be no problem. Then nights like last night he sounds like Isabella, he was wriggling and kicking and sitting up and saying uh oh (losing his dummy) or saying more more as he wants to hold handfuls of my hair to sleep and crying out and all sorts!

I hope you and your kids get better soon Deb, winter illnesses suck! Cooper hasn't been sick in a bit but the last week or so it seems every 2nd kid has a cold so I'm just waiting for him to start sniffing and coughing again. I saw in another of your posts that you guys are going to try for #3 shortly Deb, yay, that's so exciting! I hope it happens quickly for you :)
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 2:40pm
Wow Deb thats sux, but so pleased it has turned out with a new job so soon and better money Good luck with the house hunt and moving, you poor thing thats not easy especialy with little ones and if they are sick.

Wow tiptoes that is exciting so close now but I can totally understand you being over it. Always could to have a moan here! I've got just over 5wks to go now. Best of luck

Way #3 Debs....you crazy kid although very exciting if you are!!
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 7:39pm
All the best Chelle, in a few months all your preggie worries will be a distant memory...then you'll be wishing for more sleep!!

Not long for you Snicket either, so exciting all these siblings.

Stink about the move Deb, hope you've managed to find a place ok. And wow, #3, go you!

We are doing pretty good, Liam is still feeding constantly. He's snack feeding, so will feed for 5mins then fall asleep for half an hour. I think my supply is running low too as he will often just not latch on, especially in the evenings, it's becoming very exhausting. He wakes 3-4 times in the night and after the 2/3am feed he'll wake every hour. So at this stage I'm considering switching to bottle feeding. I have no time for Georgia and it's starting to affect her behaviour when it's just me and her at home. I feel so bad for her, I'm feeding constantly and she just lies on her couch with her bunny making grizzling sounds. It's a hard decision to make, but will see how it goes. Apart from that he's growing real quick and getting loads of smiles. Makes it all worthwhile

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 5:05pm
Ooh just saw on FB that you've had your little girl Chelle! Congrats! Can't wait to hear the details.

Not long for you now Snicket! So exciting all these new babies.

Still no house yet! So looks like we might have to store our stuff and find some temporary accommodation up there while we look for a house.

Yes we'll be trying for #3 in a couple of months.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 7:46pm
Hi girls, Kayla Rose arrived last Saturday - 10th September, right on her due date She weighed 8lb 4oz so heaps smaller than her 9lb 12oz brother!

I tried for a VBAC but ended up with another c/s. I got all the way to 10cm dialated and tried pushing but she was so far up and no sign of budging. Because of the previous c/s they only allow a short amount of pushing and only a little help with drugsto move things along, so once they'd allowed for that they decided it wasn't to be. Recovering well and feeling a lot better today.

Loads of cluster feeding, but so far things seem to be going well - just nervous about being on my own when DH goes back to work.

How;s everyone else and the other babies?
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 7:51pm
That sounds like hard work Jaxs -what about formula top ups to start with? cat napping is a pain, i remember from cooper.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:56pm
Yay, congrats tiptoes!! Love the name Hope you're recovering ok from your CS. I found the recovery quite good even with Georgia. She has just become very attached to DH as I spend all my time with Liam now.

We're going ok, still feeding heaps. I'm still bf'ing and will try to keep going until he's 3 months and see how we're going then. I have to work hard to try and stretch him out to 3 hourly feeding during the day, then hopefully the nights will come right. Am so exhausted still, throw a massive growth spurt in there too! Ah well, doesn't last forever.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373>