FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF with PGD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF with PGD
    Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:35pm
Anybody out there done an IVF treatment with PGD?

I have just started this treatment and start the buresulin injections next friday and then puregon about a week later. Due to fly to Akld about the 17th of April where they will send my cells to Australia to get tested before implantation. I have a chromosome translocation so they will only be implanting the cells with the correct number of chromosomes. Already had 2 miscarriages at 11 weeks (one natural, one IUI).

It would be great to talk to anybody that has been through this or currently going through it (getting a little nervous now )
Sponsored Links

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 4:55pm
Hi amyenglert, I don't have any useful stories to add but just wanted to say welcome to oh baby and good luck with your ivf cycle

I also have had two miscarriages last year so totally understand how nervous you must feel. But I will have everything crossed for you and I know you will find oh baby a really informative and supportive community. Goodluck again
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 9:18pm
Hi amyenglert, I too am currently (start Buserelin on Tuesday) undergoing IVF with PGD. My cells have to also be sent of to Australia to get tested. I have an hereditary disease which has a 50% chance of being passed on.

This will be my first time trying for a baby so I am a little nervous as well.

Looks like we are going through this around about the same time as each other so would be good to hear from you and others about how you are going with this.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 9:06am
Hi Gizmog! Its great to know there is someone else out there doing this too.

I am with FA wgtn and have been with them for 2 years now. Who are you with? I did a privately paid for IUI last year so have been on the Puregon injections before but Buserelin is all new to me. The injections arent so bad but towards the end you will find that your stomach is quite bruised and sore. This is the part im not looking forward 2! But this treatment is our best chance of having a healthy baby and being able to carry full term without my body rejecting it.

Have they started you on the pill? I dont really understand why we need to take this?!

Keep in touch, it will be great to hear your progress

appy2 - Thank you for your warm welcome. I think this site is a wonderful and informative support group

Edited by AmyRay
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 12:14pm
AmyRay - From memory the pill is to try and stop follicles forming because this can b*gger things up with the cycle. I did IVF, but without doing the pill first, and I failed to down regulate on Buserelin because I had follicles growing, or follicles that had formed that the Buserelin kept going so we had to trigger and start over, putting us a good two weeks behind on the cycle.

All the very best both of you doing PGD - I hope everything goes well!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 2:51pm
Thanks ginger. I think i have googled just about everything i possibly can on PGD today!!!
I mite do some further reading today on the growth of follicles. I will be able to write a book soon
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 6:09pm
Just remember - Dr Google is NOT your friend!
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 10:01pm
I'm with Fertility Plus in Auckland. I'm just starting on the injections, no pill to start with so I hope things work out ok with that.

I'm picking up my needles and things tomorrow so thats kind of exciting. Did you inject yourself, or did you get your OH to do it?

Did FA say anything about how many embies they need to test on? We have to have 6 which is kinda daunting as if we dont get 6 then they wont be able to get an accurate enough test so no transfer for me.   But I'm trying to be positive and hope for the best.

Thanks for the well wishes Ginger..its really nice of you. Its good to have this forum and talk to people who are going through the same thing.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 12:56pm
I injected myself last time. Im not a huge fan of needles but once you've done it a couple of times you become somewhat of an expert!!

No FA havent told me how many embies they will need. I have an appointment there on Wednesday with the nurses to collect the drugs so i might ask them then.

All you can do is stay positive and try not to let it consume your life or it becomes too hard if things dont work out. I find it amazing that they have the technology to test the cells in the embies anyway!! Not so long ago they would have been nothing like this offered to new zealanders
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 10:45am
Started the Buserelin injections on Friday and im not enjoying them at all!! Ive used Puregon before but never the Buserelin. I found that the Puregon was much easier to use and didnt hurt as much as the Buserelin does. My stomach feels quite hard, is it supposed to feel like this??
I dread these injections everyday
Got my last pill to take tomorrow, YAY!

Gizmog - how are you getting on?
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 3:29pm
I started my Buserelin last Tuesday..getting used to it..it does hurt a bit, but I find it hurts less if I get my OH to do it for me.

My stomach feels a little hard in some places and also feels tender and bruised. I'm also feeling quite tired and moody but i think thats to be expected with the drugs.

Sounds like you having your EC about a week before mine AmyRay. Hope the injections get better for you.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 2:30pm
Yesterday i had my blood test to check that i was down regulating and it came back all good! YAY, stage 1 complete! They have now halved the amount of buserelin to 20mg and i have started taking 225mg of puregon daily.

But, a strange thing happened today, i started bleeding?? Naturally, i freaked out a little and rung the clinic but they have told me that it is nothing and not to worry. Apparently it can happen when you stop the pill. I stopped on Friday. I would have thought the buserelin would have stopped this?? Has anyone else experienced bleeding while doing these injections?

I have another blood test on sunday to check and see how the puregon is going. Fingers crossed for that!!

How are you Gizmog??
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 3:07pm
Congrats AmyRay on getting through Stage 1. I also had my blood test yesterday but didn't down regulate which means I keep taking Buserelin for another week and then have another blood test to check again. Means everything has been pushed out a week so EC will be delayed a while too.

The clinic said I should have started bleeding by now which is why I haven't down regulated or something. I didn't start on the pill so things may be different but I was on the understanding that when you down regulate you have a bleed - but not sure on that.

Good luck for your next blood test on Sunday - hope things go well for you.

Has anyone else experienced not down regulating when you should and is it anything to really worry about?
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:10pm
Hey AmyRay, congrats on making it through stage 1 and yes bleeding is perfectly normal, I was like you and thought this can't be right but apparently it is!

Hi Gizmog, I'm not sure re not down regulating, sorry can't be much help but wish you all the best for your cycle anyway.

Wishing you both the best of luck for the upcoming tests etc.

Edited by ScaredyCat
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:20am
Thanks for that. It's reassuring to know that the bleeding is normal.

That must be a little annoying that you havent started to down regulate yet Gizmog!! Another week of those horrible injections! I have read tthough that this is quite normal and that some people just take longer to down regulate than others.

Good luck with your next blood test
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 2:42pm
Hi Gizmog! I failed to down regulate on my cycle and as you can see by my signature ... we made it through ok!    I actually bled, but I had follicles still growing, so it wasn't even that I was slow to do it - I just failed to completely! They gave me a trigger injection and it was another 2 weeks of Buserelin after that. Don't worry - it's not an indication of how your end result may be!
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:45pm
Thanks Ginger..you have put my mind at ease, I was a bit worried that it would have stuffed everything up but I feel a lot better now. My OH said not to worry but its hard not to worry sometimes.

Congrats on the good news and the birth of your little one.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:53pm
Hi all, I had my first scan this morning. There were about 10 follicles all ranging from 10-11mm in size. They need to be between 15 and 21mm ideally. So im waiting for my instructions back but im guessing after talking to the doctor that they will continue me on the puregon and i will have to go for another scan in a couple of days. It was quite nerving having the scan today, i hope the follicles get bigger Apparently they should grow about 2mm per day??

They also found that i have quite a lot of endometriosis on my left ovary so that's a bit of a concern. Not sure how or if that affects my ivf cycle?

Gizmog, hows things with the down regulating? Have you had another blood test?
Gizmog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:15am
Hi AmyRay - hope your next scan goes well and your little follicles grow and grow as much as they should

I had another blood test yesterday and still haven't down regulated - so need to do another blood test on Sunday - apparently I'm really close just not quite there yet - I've had a bleed but just haven't down regulated - sounds a bit like what happened with Ginger. So fingers crossed the next blood test will be a better result

AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:58am
Well, quick update - I had my second scan this morning and my little follicles are growing at the pace of snails - at least they are growing is suppose!! Today they ranged from 11-16mm. So waiting for instructions again but im guessing i will be continuing with the puregon and will have another scan in a couple of days...........
26yrs old
TTC 5yrs
Endometriosis & Chromosomal Disorder
Natural Jun 07 - BFP but MC at 11.5 wks
IUI Jun 08 - BFP but MC at 11.5 wks
First IVF/PGD Cycle Mar 09 - BFP but MC at 6 wks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>