FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*sigh*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *sigh*
    Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:31pm
I don't know what to title this. I guess I need to vent

Today is meant to be our wedding anniversary and we picked up Jareds ashes. Daniel was a little sh*t when we went and did that and screamed and tantrumed the whole time. DH went to work after we got home and Daniel continued to scream and tantrum for a further 2 hours and refused to eat dinner. Nothing would shut him up and I found myself getting quite angry. It's not like me I usually have the patience of a saint with him as one of my friends puts it. I feel really guilty about that.

I'm sick of being asked how am I.. why do people have to ask us that really? If I say I'm not that good then they say sorry and don't know what to say to me. If I say I'm fine they look at me as though I'm lying. So why bother asking? I never know how to answer that.

Why do people have expectations of us? my mw askes everytime shes here if we are going to do anything with the photos of him. I've been asked so many times when we are going to have a service. Why can't they just let me be and if we decide to do that then we will tell them.

Why do all the health professionals who see us keep harping on about when we get pregnant again? I mean wtf, does no one believe us when we say we don't know if we will ever want to try again. Things just go from good to bad to bloody awful with us. I'd hate to think what is next install for us if we did try again. First I'd stress like hell until 6-7 weeks to see if its an ectopic then I'd stress further until 12 weeks to see if its survived and then stress until 16 weeks when we would be offered an additional scan which can be inconclusive so more stress until 20 weeks, all the while having hideous morning sickness the entire time. No thanks

My house is a freaking pigsty, we have no clean dishes, there's a mountain of washing, daniels books and toys are everywhere and I have zero motivation to do anything about it. I have no motivation for cooking and eating so I generally just go without. So I feel guilty about that.

I know people really do mean well when they talk to me but I'm sick of everything at the moment.
Sponsored Links

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:44pm
I didn't want to read and run. I have no comprehension in the slightest of how you are feeling, so there's not a lot to say. What I will say is, I don't blame you in the slightest for feeling the way you are, and I hope that at some stage things get better for you, when you're ready for it.

Vent away, it's part of what OB is here for.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:56pm
Stacey. I don't blame you for feeling the way you are. I really hope things start to get better soon and that you have some good people around you for support. Thinking of you and your family .

Edited by Leish
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:58pm
And Happy Anniversary
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:00pm

Yep OB is brilliant for venting

Are you guys getting much practical help, like with dishes and washing and meals? Is there anyone you could get to help you out a bit? It's no wonder you don't have the energy or motivation to do that right now.

I can't imagine what you're going through as a family. It sucks and I wish no-one had to go through this sort of thing, ever.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:03pm
also didnt want to read and run and i wanted to say you can absolutely feel the way you do and also understandable to get a little angry!!. i havnt been through it personally but want to send hugs your way
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:17pm
Hun you have every right to be feeling this way.  It sounds like people are pressuring you to make decisions NOW when you don't have to.  Gosh if I was were you I'd be pretty frank to those people and tell them where to go.  Your MW for one doesn't sound like she's very supportive and would probably be better just leaving you alone.  And the answer to people who ask how you are is "I can't answer that question".  It's only early days and people shouldn't expect answers from you especially in regard to having another baby.  They need to let you grieve Jared.  And take as long as you need to do that.  We are here for you.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:09pm
my avice... run away for a couple of days... go have a break somewhere where no one knows you and you dont have to explain yourself.... leave the dishes and mess (but dont leave the cheese grater in a sink of water - i did that once and believe me its not a pretty sight...).

people dont know what to say but think they should say something... and then probably feel dumb when they cant follow up.

editing my bad spelling...

Edited by Bizzy
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:19pm
Stacey, you do what you what when you want.
Don't you let anyone tell you, you should be soing this, you should be feeling that.
Don't worry about the house work, all that can wait.

Can I ask do you have Jared @ home with you at the moment? If so you take as much time with your little boy as you need to.

Daniel is more than likely feeling a bit off as well, he would know something is not right with Mummy so cut yourself some slack, you are doing the best you can.

With the photo question that people are asking you, make sure you take your time with them, if / when you are ready to show people or put them up then you will but that is such a personal thing.

When we lost our daughter my Dad flew over and I wanted her photos up straight away, Dad hung them and that was his special job. I also hated the questions, no-one knows what you are going through unless you have been through it yourself.

My heart goes out to you Stacey. Just take as much time as you need. Iam sure your wee Jared was just beautiful & if you do ever feel like sharing I would love to see a photo of him.
Remember do things in your own time & stop beating yourself up.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:34pm

Can I still come tomorrow?? I will help you out with the house stuff. Don't worry about that I can help.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 10:14pm
Didn't want to read and run, so am sending you many

It is okay to feel the way you do, especially at a time like this. Try and be kind to yourself, and take your time to grieve..

Happy Anniversary

Little Angel, April 10
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 10:45pm
Lots of and Take as much time as you need hun.

Happy Anniversary
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 11:09pm
Another one here who didn't want to read and run - although I honestly don't know what to say - just am here if you need to vent... OB is always here and no one is here to judge.

hugs to you all (cause you never can get enough of vertual hugs - if not the real thing)

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:00am
jsut wanted to send you loads of virtual hugs

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:16am
I didn't want to read and run either Stacey.

I think you are amazingly brave and a real inspiration to us all.    Don't worry about Daniel. You are a fantastic Mum, and he is not going to be permanently damaged if you lose your temper with him occassionally.

Just wanted to give you a massive and say that I hope tomorrow is a little bit easier.
Oh, and let Mummybecks do the dishes

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:17am
I have been thinking of you lots lately Stacey, I appreciate that this must be one of the hardest times for you and your family.

You don't have to hurry to get over this, you also don't have to have any answers for anyone as I appreciate you probably don't even have them yourselves.

I hope life starts to make more sense soon for you but in the meantime, we are all here to hear you vent. Its what we are here for (gosh Oh Baby rocks in that respect).

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:25am
Vent away

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 9:07am
I can't begin to wonder how you must be feeling. I also did not want to read and run. Everything I want to type sounds naff and cliche. Sometimes life just sucks!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 12:20pm
I'd kind of like to run away for a bit but we can't afford to and realistically neither of us can be bothered with driving to get somewhere and then entertain daniel without bucket loads of toys.

maudie - we never bought Jared home with us, neither of us could do that. We have his ashes though.

As for practical stuff MIL cleaned our house the day I was induced but I don't much feel like having someone cleaning up my house when I'm around. I feel bad for not moving my ass and them doing what I should have done and then I can't be bothered with chit chat
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 1:30pm
i didn't want to read this run either. while i have no coprehension as to how you feel after what you have been through. I can say though thats it OK to feel the way you do you need to grieve and feeling like you do is a big part of it. Have confidence though that it will pass in time and you will feel better. Right now isn't the best time to make any decisons regarding your future and any future children you may or may not have. Prehaps in order for you all to move on you need to have some sort of service for Jared it doesn't have to be big prehaps a small family service with a tree planted would work. You will know in your own time when you want to do this and when to show those pictures. In the mantime take care of yourself and your family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>