FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

also worked out that it took me three months to pay for them - as in, the money that I would've spent on disposbales, so anything after three months of use, I'm saving money!

This is the thing that a lot of people can't see and as an agent is the biggest stumbling block, I just can't get anyone to see past the lump sum payment (even though with FB you can pay off over 3 mnths).
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 1:10pm
It's a toughie AimeeJoy, cause $200+ sounds like a HUGE amount of money. People don't often stop to think what they spend in a year on nappies... I didn't. But after having a 6 pack of FB I went through my receipts and worked out how much I have saved on nappies, even though I was only using them half and half with disposables. And then I rang my agent for another few so I can be completely on FB!!

The other thing I appreciate is the lack of smell hanging around in the house or garage. I don't have to wait a week for nappies to be collected for rubbish, they're washed within the day. Yay!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 3:55pm
I can see past the lump sum - it's just a lot of money to front up with rather than paying it off in smaller bits (like you are with disposables). I will definately be using cloth - just not too sure what kind.

I have booked a hire kit so will get to try a few different kinds out before we buy and I am making sure that we have the cash sitting there so that when we decide what to get, we will have the money sitting there. I am really keen on fuzzis though but I am a bit worried about buying a whole pile of nappies and then finding that they don't really suit us. The hire kit will be great for sorting that out.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 4:34pm
Fuzzis have a payment plan that i made full use of both times I bought a pack with them. We were spending roughly an extra $10 per month for three months by buying the fuzzis over disposables, but as I said, after that, we were saving completely. And still using those naps today. as for Jake's ones, we worked out that $66 a month was the same as we were spending on his nappies (disposbales) so it seemed stupid not to get them.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 9:04pm
I just read something interesting on the net - apparently, on the disposable nappy packs it tells you to flush the poo down the toilet and not to put a "full" nappy in the bin due to health and safey regs for the bin men/women. Would be a good agrument when people say they don't like to deal with the poos with cloth nappies. I haven't got any disposables here to check if it's the same in NZ.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 9:08pm
And you can buy one nappy at a time! That's how I did it... it all started out with one little swaddlebee... now I have 11!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 12:10pm
i use prefolds and covers for toby mostly - i dont find them bulky at all, rather trim really. but i used old fadhioned flats on him to start with.
i use fuzzis for gabriel, but they arent my fave, i prefer the happy heinys on him and the joelypockets, i have two of her fleece ones but havent tried her one size or fitteds yet.

for nights i use fitteds with a wool cover for toby and just scored a buzzy bee snazzipants which is way cool. on gabriel i use pockets stuffed with a flat and a microfibre insert too.

my fave pockets tho are rosies (who doesnt make any more) i have tow fleece ones and two PUl and also some of her all in ones which are great too but i dont really like AIO's that much...

luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 2:55pm
I'm using plain old fashioned clothes with Kooshies overnaps - found them up the road at the Wobble shop. Got 2 with a cotton outer (so nice) and one is all nylon - not so keen on that, but am going to try it overnight.
Selina

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Toni_akl Toni_akl wrote:

I just read something interesting on the net - apparently, on the disposable nappy packs it tells you to flush the poo down the toilet and not to put a "full" nappy in the bin due to health and safey regs for the bin men/women. Would be a good agrument when people say they don't like to deal with the poos with cloth nappies. I haven't got any disposables here to check if it's the same in NZ.

Yup it does say that on all disposable packs! One girl at work argued about the having to flush thing and was most put out when I pointed out you're meant to flush the excess with disposables as well.

Her argument was "well no one does it" so I pointed out that just because no one does it doesn't mean you're not meant to!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 6:28pm
I just bought more nappies. I'm so useless.

On the up side... I'll be able to let you know how bamboo performs as a night nappy And will be able to personally rave about wool soakers
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 7:21pm
Hopefully no one minds me sort-of thread-jacking....

I've just bought some more Fuzzis and now have enough for night-times (not just day) for both my girls, Hannah is almost 3 and Briona is 16mos. Question is, how many inserts and/or doublers do you use overnight? They both sleep up to 12 hours (yay for me!)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

I just bought more nappies. I'm so useless.

Oh puhleezzeeee! Can you beat my record of 17 in one week...plus one more a few days ago??

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 8:15pm
I use two inserts for Jake (2) and one insert and a booster for Taine (10 months)

works for us, and the boys are very rarely wet in the morning. mine are also 12 hour sleepres.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Paws Paws wrote:

Oh puhleezzeeee! Can you beat my record of 17 in one week...plus one more a few days ago??

Oh that's goooood... but Hannah is on her way to toilet training. Only uses two nappies a day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:35pm
Busymum... depends how much they wet. Hannah seems to be a super wetter combined with a front sleeper... it's not pretty.

I use a microfibre insert, a hemp insert and a microfibre booster. It is working ok-ish, but she still seems to get damp through the night. So I am working on wool! Yay!

As a comparison, Han used to just use a microfibre insert and a folded flat overnight in her fuzzis and that worked fine (until she decided to start holding her wees for long periods of time.)
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:31pm
*ahem*

I now officially have a Fuzzi Bunz rep coming to my place this Thursday at 1pm.

Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:39pm
Would that be Toni?!

Busymum - I use 2 inserts with Hannah for overnight
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 5:04pm
Im looking forward to seeing what you have to show us on Thursday Nikki
Im also keen on taking a look at fuzzibunz, theres a good shop in Petone that sells them, so I might pop down there one weekend with Nathan and have a look.
morgans_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgans_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 6:55pm
I use fuzzibunz, can't recommend them enough! THEY'RE FANTASTIC!!! we were disposable users for about 7 months. i always thought cloth nappies were more work, more washing but its no hassle at all. feels good too to know i'm not putting my daughter into a disposable with yucky chemicals on her little bum!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 7:50pm
I love them too Sarah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>