FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 8:23pm
Monique - I'll bring some fuzzis on Thursday. (Not my ones... they aren't looking as cute and fluffy after a year of heavy duty use!)
Sponsored Links

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:42pm
Aimee, no sadly, not Toni as she hasn't got her agent pack yet, but a lady called Stephanie who is a bit closer to where I live. Quite excited about it really !
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:36am
Awesome Nikki
Hey Sarah yeah thats why Im keen on them after seeing you use them on Morgan the other day. And htey have pretty colours
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 8:05am
Change of plan, Toni will be the FB agent coming over to my place in the end - hehehe I can't wait !

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 2:25pm
Hahahahaha! The addiction is about to start!

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 3:25pm
Can someone tell me what would be a minimum required of each size (would use disposable nappies to start since I already have so many). As well as a minimum, hwat is a comfortable amount to have so if you do get delayed in washing it isn't an issue.
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 3:56pm
SB - I think you might have to wait until bubs arrives on that one, just my personal opinion - as when Toni came over today I could really understand the different nappies for different shaped babies thing (she brought Caitlin along). I just bought 18 Mediums, and six Petite Toddler, but for example Caitlin will be going from small straight into Petite Toddler because she has a different figure to Erin.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 4:17pm
Sarah Beth
I would say that the minimum amount of nappies you'll need would be equal to how many nappies per day you go through plus one or two. In my case, I have started Fuzzis with a 14mo so only needed 3-4 changes per day. I bought 6 mediums originally (Fuzzis are usually sold in packs of 6, 12, etc) and that requires me to wash and dry every day. I would say 12 would be very comfortable for me because with littlies it's easier for me to do a load of washing a day anyway.

As Jax said, you will need to wait until Baby is born to get the right size and FB agents are great for being able to try and compare different sizes. They say most kids just do 2 sizes. In my case, I can see that Briona will be going from medium to large in the next year. Hannah is in large (night times) and will easily be able to fit them for another year if necessary.

With my bubby (due January) I am planning on putting her in disposables until she can fit the mediums I have at 2-3 months. I'm keen to not buy too many different sizes if I can help it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 4:29pm
well given the amount of new born nappies I have, it will be no problem to wait till after he is born! Given I know someone that might become a rep for fuzzis it might work out well. DH however has just found out the price and I may have to yet convince him (again, he actually liked the idea till I told him the cost)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 5:33pm
I don't think I need to mention how many I have!! But seriously I've found 18 has been a great number and skip the washing for a day or so quite happily. It does depend on how many nappy changes you do and how often you want to wash the nappies.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:17pm
Sarah Beth - If you do decide that you can't wait until your baby is here (*cough* miss impatient? who me? noooo *cough*) and buy your FBs whilst you still ahve 2 incomes (what we did)...

We ordered 24 smalls with inserts and doublers and 6 petites for later. Even though I certainly wasn't expecting a 9.7 baby she has still been in the smalls from birth and probably has about a month to go in them (poor love has her mother's thighs ) then she'll be in the petites.

P.S
Thanks for the order Jax

Btw - just so Aimee stays my mate
I am only covering the areas Aimee doesn't (i.e. Auckland). If you do want to see a nappy up close on a gorgeous model PM me to arrange

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:25pm
So can someone tell me how much we would be expecting to have to pay out for a lot of new ones. We will skip the smalls stage, so can wait till after our boy is born
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:48pm
www.fuzzibunz.co.nz

There is a price list and also some sample packages to help you decide how many you need (i.e. how often you want to wash the naps).

We bought 24 and fo a newborn that coughed and poo'd and no one that doesn't poo but wee's for the olympics (sorry if tmi ) we found that was spot on. We'll order another 12 petites (total of 18) and HOPE Missy stays in them until potty training. Apparently after 9 months babies just get taller not wider.

If you still can't decide, PM me your email addy and I can send you all of the research I did before I bought my set of naps (great for that DH that just doesn't get how much money you will save )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:59pm
If you could send the info that would be great!!! Will PM you now!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 8:18am
Sarah Beth the sizings are all on that website too, it's a great starting point.

You will probably spend the same on a 6 or 12 pack of Fuzzis as you would on 6 months of disposables, varying of course on how many changes a day you do. After then you get free use for the rest of the time your Bub fits them and for probably two other kids after that.... or if you decide to have no more they have a great buy-back option too which really does mean you lose no money on them.

My DH was shocked at the price too - $30ea plus inserts etc - but it's heaps less than buying disposables, even for a year.

I think small and petite would do most kids at least to 3-4 years. The annoying thing (for me) about smalls is that they don't fit the same size inserts as all the other sizes so it's a bit more expensive there.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:39am
but you can reuse your small inserts as boosters for larger sizes, so you dont need to get as many of those

It depends when you start what sizes you'll need and thigh size of baby. Hannah has very chuby thighs and went from mediums to larges. She doesnt fit her petites well any more. Also SB, if you order while preggy and the size isnt right, they can be exchanged for the right size (unused of course )

And Toni, lol, I am so glad that you have become an agent!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 12:53pm
Well I'm going to put my application in in the new year to be a fuzzis agent....I'm not holding my breath as I hear there are already 2 agents but I figure it's worth a shot!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 3:14pm
i think i am going to be a fuzzi addict soon too! i called into see amy at mumz n bubz (hope that's right!) but forgot she has the shop shut on monday...duh!! had a wee peek in the window and the nappies look sooo cool! such fun colours, i'm going back again tomorrow

Edited by jacks mum

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 7:53pm
I wonder when disposables will jump onto the cool colours thing? (just pondering)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 8:36pm
probably never - too much money to have such vivid dye for something that gets chucked out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>