FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 9:09pm
I got my Mummy's Touch nappies today! Yay!!! (Thanks Amy ) They are soooooo cute and soft

It looks like they'd fit quite a wide range of sizes too. I have been playing around with the snaps, but I think I'm going to need to browse the website to figure out how to get the right snaps to fit the right size.

Very cute colours too.
Sponsored Links

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:37pm
Plus imagine wet coloured disposables leaking dye all over.. well, everything!

Good on all you cloth mummies! Makes me feel guilty every time I see this thread lol.. but with Ella toilet training right now there is no point in buying any for her.. still like seeing all your bubs in their cute nappies though

I had a q though, do you have to wash the nappies in their own separate wash? or with other clothes? as I did a little bit of cloth when Ella was younger but used to soak them in napisan and then never had time (or desire ) to wash them by themselves after I'd already done one or two normal washes..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:44am
Some people prefer to wash their nappies separately... or wash synthetics and natural fibres in separate washes... personally, I didn't really bother and threw everything in together.

As a part-way gesture, you could wash your naps in one of those mesh laundry bags... but again, I never did!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:45am
And you don't have to soak them either... unless you are feeling that way inclined.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:09am
i was mine separately - don't like the idea of toileting things in with other things like tea towels - but thats me! also I wash Taine's stuff sepearelty anyway as he seems to be slighlty allergic to the normal wash powder
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:40am
yep - we wash seperately too. With Fuzzis, you need to use less powder (with most brands) and I always put them on a long heavy duty wash so they get rinsed then washed to make sure all of the yuck is out
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:46am
I rinse them first, but bear in mind that we get just one pooey a day, mostly we just get wet ones now. So anyway I rinse first to get the muck out and then chuck the clothes in with them. I put the cycle on double rinse too (since I don't have a hot/warm water connection to my washing machine).

The biggest reason for me doing that is because I started with just 6 fuzzis so it seemed pointless to do a whole load just for 4-5 nappies.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:50am
Our washing machine doesnt have hot water, so we soak the fuzzi's in nappisan, then put then in the washing machine just for the rinse cycle. Works fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 2:39pm
I can't believe how busy I've been already with the Fuzzis! 2 sales over the weekend (both were mates tho) and now I've got a proper referal from the FB website. This lady wants a big demo too. I'm excited and nervous, I can't wait!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 4:33pm
Wohoo!! Good luck Toni!

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 4:54pm
Good luck hun, I'm sure you'll do just fine - and sell heaps !!
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:04pm
Sounds like you are doing better than me at the moment...! Really struggling with everyone here
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 9:23am
Im all excited bout seeing the nappies tomorrow Nikki
Can't wait to take a look

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 7:26pm
OMG!    Got another demo booked! WOO HOOOOOOOO
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 8:02pm
GO TONI!!!!!

I love my fuzzis!!! They are sooo cute!!!!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 8:18pm
Sorry but I won't be able to come tomorrow it wouldn't be fair to the other mums as Ella won't sit still long enough.. Plus her whinging is driving me nuts and I wouldn't want to inflict it on others

good luck for tomorrow Nikki, not that you need it

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:20am
Yer i cant come today either im really sorry but Ella didnt sleep well last night and im zonked! Im sure u dont wanna see how pretty and unawake i am

Good luck Nikki i hope you have lots of fuN!!!!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:36pm
Thanks for today Nikki, I went onto the site and gave Kaz the link to so she could see the colours of the mommys touch Im sure they are going to order some from you, me and her are both so totally keen.
I saw the prices and the all in one was more expensive than the pocket by prob $5, but I will see which one DF likes tonight. Those camo pink ones look so cool on the site.
Pity we couldnt all meet up today, but we will haev to do another meet up some time soon.
morgans_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgans_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:45pm
Thanks for having us over Mo, and thanks nikki for your demo. Sorry I kept talking lol... As a recently converted fuzzi users I just can't recommend them enough!
morgans_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgans_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:45pm
*fuzzi user
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>