FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 6:07pm
No probs Sarah, I love the company hehe.
I so want to get some now to use on Haleigh, should try and convince NAthan to buy a few now for Haleigh then get another bunch to use for bubs number 2.
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 6:54pm
Well atleast you can justify buying nappies for Haleigh even if she is close to TT because you can use them for the new one... I can't believe I am still buying nappies when Han only uses them when she sleeps I just keep chanting "resale value... resale value"

And yeah, it was fun today. Loved to have your input Sarah - it's awesome to have someone who can back up how simple modern cloth is

Lovely to meet you all anyway.

And anyone else who wants to see the stuff I have... just let me know. I can come out any time after xmas... it's great to get out of the house!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 7:22pm
I'd get them for Haleigh, there's still a lot of nights yet and you can use them for the next bub too. I only started using Fuzzis when Briona was 13mos old, I've now got some bigger ones for Hannah at nights as well. Hannah loves them.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 8:11pm
yeah Im wanting the mummys touch, I jsut love them, man I so wanted to get soem to use now. Nathan working late tongiht so I will show him tomorrow hopefully, and get the nappy back to you nikki.
man i think im going to be another cloth nappy addict lmao
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 9:21am
I have sent you an email Nikki, I also gaveyou my phone numbers too, Nathan is really wanting some of the mummys touch YAY
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 12:37pm
Excellent
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 4:27pm
What is a good number to have of cloth naps for going full time in them? I have 6 at the moment.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 4:41pm
Jess it depends how often you want to wash them. If you are prepared to wash & dry daily, you'll need a day's worth (maybe 5-6 at Ella's age?) plus say 2. But if you want to give yourself a bit of room get two days' worth.

I have 8 for my DD age 1. Two of them are the next size up so she only wears them at nights. She goes through 3 or 4 in a day. I wash and dry basically every day but having a few extra inserts means that even if I'm caught short, I can have a nappy washed and dried within an hour anyway.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 4:49pm
I am definately going cloth with this bubs and I have the hire kit piece of paper sitting on my desk here at work to remind me to pay the deposit (woops) and it has a nice picture of all the nappies in the kit and this lady comes up to me today and starts preaching at me about how I don't want to use cloth nappies and I should use disposables because who wants to spend all that time having to clean nappies etc etc etc. It was the first outright negative response I have had and I was REALLY annoyed about it but I was very proud of myself for maintaining my smile and not losing my cool. Some people
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 5:11pm
I wash her naps everyday so far. I have brought a couple of cute embroidered pocket naps which i will use aswell. Ill probably get another 6 next year sometime.

Leish that totally sucks. Good on you for being able to keep a straight face!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 7:02pm
Leish I can't believe anyone would go on like that! Maybe a "poor you" if that's how they were feeling, but not preachy

I don't really find it adds much to the washing anyway. The amount of times a smelly nappy spreads in reality or just in smell to the outer clothing, you gotta do all that washing anyway, just about. And of course I'm constantly changing and washing tops because of self-feeding efforts
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 10:33am
I've got twins in cloth nappies and honestly if they were that much work I wouldn't bother! I just chuck the nappies out of the soak bucket into the machine, throw in the baby clothes and put them thru a wash cycle - and hey, I'd still have to do the same load even if I didn't have cloth nappies coz I've gotta wash the clothes anyway! Plus when my girls were in disposables the first couple of weeks they were going thru a box ($40 worth!) of Huggies a week!

Must admit tho that I have finally been semi-converted to modern cloth (after my SS on another site sent the girls a pocket nappy each) - yesterday I bought the girls 2 Happy Heiny pockets each, one lime and one yellow. And a friend has made them some rose pink covers with pockets as well. I figure pockets are best for us coz they make use of the flat cloths I already have.

Oh and I also bought Maya 3 of the Happy Heiny night trainer pockets - she is still a big night wetter nearly 2 years after she was day trained and those Dry Nites are blimmin expensive!

Now just waiting for the courier man!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 11:45am
Sadly you will always get people who are negative towards cloth nappies...I got totally slammed by some people for planning on using them. It's just comments made by people who 9 times out of 10 have no idea what they are talking about so ignore them!!

Besides it's really satisfying to be able to shove it in thier faces when you do use cloth full time! (yeah I have a small evil streak in me - I know!!!)

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:59pm
I dont see what peoles problems are with cloth these days. I would prefer clothes to disposables, as I am useing disposables and they cost a fortune and cause extremly bad nappy rash on Haleigh.
Which is why we are switching to mummys otuch in the new year. Next bub will be in cloths full time.
When you look at how full your bin gets at the end of every week with disposables oyu know why so many mroe parents are switching to cloths, its amazing how much room they take up in your bin/ bag.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 3:03pm
Its also amazing how many people just dont want to listen and wont even consider/look at modern cloth
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:33pm
And they try to say disposables are easier. I fail to see how...MCN's are just as easy to put on, less nappy rash cases, less explosions and leaky...the only difference is an extra load of washing...and that's not exactly hard!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 4:52pm
My Mum would never speak to me again if I used disposables full time - she is so anti! She's the one that really pushed me to use cloth with Maya (didn't hurt the budget either!)

But must admit she thinks all these modern cloth ideas are a bit OTT - I think she's just jealous that they didn't have such cool stuff when she had kids...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 8:41pm
I think a lot of people think that cloth users will be preachy - like "look at me saving the environment as you kill it!" kinda thing, and say those things to make themslevs feel more justified in using disposables. I mean, each to their own! I was talking to my SIL in Sth Aus and they have massive water restirctions and pay a heap for the water they use - and she plans on going back to work, so for her disposables are probably a bettre option.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 7:19am
yeah true. water restrictions would make it harder.
im doing this more for my kids skin and to save money, and give us more room in our bin.
Once we get the nappies I will do Haleighs clothes on their own, but seen as we all ahve sensitive skin I jsut wash all our clothes together to save me time, plus Haleigh doesnt go through many clothes anymore, up until she was 5 months it was changing more than twice a day, Im jsut waiting for her to get into the play in the mud stage lol.
My grandparents love the new loth nappies, my nana thinks they are the best things ever and wishes they had thenm in her day, she's lookign forward to seeing the new nappies on Haleigh (when we get the nappies).
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 2:58pm
We looked into the cloth option after we saw the prices of the disposables (and being told by friends with kids that the cheap ones are useless). We needed to save as much money as we could for me to stay off work as long possible. We did HEAPS of research and found that the Fuzzis were the best (quality/absorbency/price). I liked them so much I became a sales rep for them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>