FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 3:55pm
And what a wonderful sales rep you are hun
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Sponsored Links

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 4:49pm
I have a cloth question here. The other day I had Jack in cloth at night (a wonderoos one size pocket) I have never had a problem with leaks or anything before this and used it for months although I haven't used it for about a month or 2. Anyway he had runny poo explosion that went everywhere and when I took it off it hardly had kept any poo in it like most of the poo shot out the side. He had been sick a month before so I had him in huggies then and they seemed to hold the explosions way more. So my question is do you think I had stuffed too much into it so there was no room for the poo to stay or is he maybe just between snaps?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 8:39pm
we only use Fuzzis so I'm not sure about the wonderoos, but when Caitlin is in between the snap sizes I tuck the elastic around the legs back into the nappy (when she is wearing it) I've never had a problem with leaking explosions LOL

That great tip was actually from Aimee (our Fuzzis agent)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 1:01pm
Rach maybe it was too gapey around the leg? Too much stuffing makes it loose around legs.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 10:07am
Rach... yeah, I'd say gaping at the legs with night stuffing too. I have that problem with my fuzzis at night but now use a wool cover over top and that works fab
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 1:45pm
sometimes runny poos will escape no matter what you do...if your push their legs up and check it doesnt gape when you do the nappy up it may help to get a feel of the fit...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:20am
Just found out that Peapods Pocket Nappies have dropped in price to $19.95 - a good option for those who are thinking about cloth. And the Baby Factory has started stocking them. (Good old TNN for info )

Check them out at www.peapods.com.au
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:58pm
How often do you change your baby in cloth naps?
I'm using pockets and having issues with Benjy getting damp between his legs. I've experimented with tucking the elastic in, using boosters, covers and overnaps to no avail. I change every two to three hours.
Any ideas?
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 2:00pm
Hmm... we change Erin just prior to every feed, unless we get a whiff of a stinky one and then we go and change straight away. I can't suggest anything super useful for the dampness, as I don't know if talc powder is compatible with clothies or not.

Oh ! So, as far as a figure goes, anywhere from 4-6 times a day... or if she is having a really poopy day, MAX of 8 (doesn't happen very often though).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:35pm
Maybe increase the absorbancy... (stuff with more stuff)... your naps do have the microfleece liner in them right???

I used to change Han just a bit more often than with sposies, but that is because now I have figured out that I probably should have been stuffing with more

And yeah, I'm pretty sure talc is fine to use with naps. (Paws might be able to shed some more light on that )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:37pm
P.S. Meant to say... with microfibre as a stuffer, sometimes the moisture will come back through the microfleece as "compression wicking" (correct me if I am wrong cloth ladies!) as that particular fabric acts like a sponge... but also means that the moisture comes out easily as well... if you combine microfibre with cotton, hemp, or bamboo inserts, they lock in the moisture so that it doesn't come back through the microfleece. Make sense? Do you think that'll help?!?

Edited by nikkiwhyte
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:57pm
Mel, the pockets that you have are quite large sizes, could be the Benji may be more suited to a small? I'll bring a small one over and we'll have a play?
Anna

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:25pm
Thanks everyone, I'll keep experimenting!
Anna, I actually got a couple of smalls as well and you're right, they do seem to work better. Come over to play anyway tho, please!!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:39pm
Ok so I am starting to get more and more intrested in these nap's. However I have soooooo Many flat cloth Nappies seem's a waste not to use them. Plus money is really tight. I am having a little trouble finding over nap's to fit Alan. Any suggestion's? I have been using the one's from t&t and the warehose the polarflece ones, but they are attached with valcro and come undone and the valcro rub's on his leg's leaving read mark's.
Deborah Mum to:

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:46pm
Oh yeah we use Pam's at the momnet they are great and cheap, but i do have a real problem with how full my rubbish get's. That's why I ave started in flat cloth again.
Deborah Mum to:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 11:02pm
Deb I was using the Pam's ones, do some maths and you'll see you'll pay off years' supply in a few months . It will seem like a waste of flat cloths, you can still use them as liners but they are not as absorbent so I kind think they are better ditched altogether.

You can pay off FB (and presumably other brands) on a weekly/monthly basis so it will work out about the same as disposables until paid. And the peapods that Nikki posted somewhere look about the same as FB but lots cheaper, worth looking at.

It's a hard decision to make but if you are using cloth nappies on and off it may be worthwhile changing completely just for the benefit of a system which works well enough that you'll be happy to use. I found flat cloths so frustrating because they are so bulky for little absorbency.

Edited by busymum
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 9:09am
I second what busymum said !

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 10:19am
WHere can I get them from going to really look into now. I did not know you could pay them off that would work really well for us.
Deborah Mum to:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 10:23am
www.fuzzibunz.co.nz and I'm not sure where the peapods are but you could Google or PM Nikki. She posted it somewhere on here just last week.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 10:54am
Argh no one sell's them in Taranaki so I will have to try and arrange a demo while I am in Palmy I have emailed one of the rep's there. Untill then can someone give me any more infolike how the payment plan's work etc and deposit's thing's like that.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>