FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 11:04am
Ok so look's liek after talking to hubby and looking at the website that we are going to go for it. If I can get a proper demo. Now what is hte diff between all the other brand's should I look at those or stick to FB.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 12:06pm
Start a new thread on that Deb. You'll get a heap of replies!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 12:37pm
Failing that you can always toddle on over to The Nappy Network and sign up. There is a section with peoples reviews on ALL the different types available locally.

It may do your head it with how many there actually are!

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:48pm
Ta Paws will have a look sometime.
Deborah Mum to:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:59pm
i popped into nappy network and yep....did my head in!!
i've got a few nappies now through TM (bummis covers) and a store in chch. the peapods are good and are cheap $19.95!! i haven't used a FB though so not sure how they go in comparison. cloth flats make great rags and spew cloths

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 2:23pm
Yeah my flats have been well used as puke rags.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 3:06pm
Deb - I still use old fashioned cloth flats as inserts for overnight combined with a microfibre insert - and I used to use them like that for sleeps as well... They are great for extra stuffing when you need it so definitely won't go to waste!

The peapods are definitely worth having a few of at $19.95 - I can't believe how cheap they are!

I can't say much more as I am selling nappies now, but am happy to help explain anything to do with the different systems now that I have got my head around them all! (Tho a few other ladies could explain all of it too!)

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 3:52pm
Just wanted to say that I am luuuuurving the look of the new wool pockets at Ecobubs.

Ecobubs Wool Pocket Nappies

Reviewers on TNN have been very happy with them. I'm thinking of ditching my bamboo (as I don't have a proper cover) and going for one of those instead as a night-time nappy. Geepers... I really need to stop buying nappies!!!
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 4:32pm
Flats are really good for using inside covers!! I am using these for Kaia, folded up into thirds twice (does that make ANY sense?) and put inside a cover (bummis super whisper wraps is FANTASTIC!!)... Bummis are excellent wraps, check out www.realnappies.co.nz

Peapdos are great, I have some in every size possible and use for both babes. I have a couple of fuzzis too, I find them really good but would rather spend $20 on a peapod than $35 on the fuzzis. I have a couple of mommy's touch which are a one size fits all but I find they work better on Quinn than Kaia at the moment, maybe she is just a smidge on the small side. And i have a couple of cheek boutique nappies too, also one size fits all and also good!!

And Nikki, if you were gonna ditch the bamboo I'd been keen for a try!! Pm me if you wanna sell!!
Anna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 7:57pm
Yeah... I'll let you have first dibs.

They'd be a bit big for Kaia atm but should fit Quinn... there is a Size 2 Bamboozles in yellow and a Size 2 Wam-bamboo

P.S. I'll refund some money for the peapods as I feel really bad now they have come down in price so much!
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 8:12pm
Yeehaa for first dibs. I have been looking at the wambamboo and trying to justify yet another purchase!! Let me know if or when you wanna give it up!
And forget about the peapods, don't feel bad. As I said, always happy to spend Andys money, spec when he b*ggers off for four weeks and leaves me with the two of 'em by myself!!
Anna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 8:23pm
Very exciting then!

I'll think about it and get back to ya tomorrow. Han is mostly dry over night now... and if she does wet it is usually first thing in the morning so definitely not the super-wees that I got the bamboo for! I just love them because they are so sooooft!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 9:10pm
Anna, I love bummis whisper wraps and folded flats. I found the prefold that came with the real nappies good, but a little bulky. I find the folded flat gives you a "trim" bum that fits more like a 'sposie under clothes, as alot of clothes for bubbas just aren't cut for big nappies bums...
Yay nikki and han for the nearly dry thing...
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 9:21pm
I'd have to say you ladies are onto something (in terms of Deb's issue)... so I third the bummi's wraps thing and cloth flat folded into pad. You could get some microfleece liners to keep babe's bum dry and you are set!
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 9:52pm
Ahh Annie! I am totally with you there on the prefold-bulky issue! And I love that the flats dry in all of three minutes on the line!!
Anna

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 7:32am
"bummis" Please tell be more this is what I am after. when I say i have heaps's of flat's I really mean heap's like about 4-5 dozen. So yes they are great for lot's of stuff and I don't want to part with them, but if I don't use them hubby will have a nut. (by the way got most of them given to me or off TM)
Deborah Mum to:

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 7:54am
I'd say thats the way to go Deb - you can get Bummis wraps at www.snazzipants.co.nz Around $17-$20. Not sure if they have microfleece liners but you can easily buy some from spotlight and cut them up. Just pad fold a cloth flat and use a liner to get the stay dry layer, lay them in a wrap and velcro on.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:38am
Ok they look great can I only buy online tho? they are exactly what I am after they work lsut like an over nap, but will sit so much better then the onces I have. Thank's you guy's are a great sorce of info.
Deborah Mum to:

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:39am
Oh Nikki can I do the same thing with peapood's if so I would rather thoes cause I can buy them in the shop.(well soon anyway)
Deborah Mum to:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:27am
i've just bought some more bummis wraps and some fleece liners off TM so i can use my flats instead of prefolds...i agree, they are really bulky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>